Help with defending

when the other team GK start with the ball, my two centeral midfielders dont focus on the central midfielder of the other team, they stay wide. I am Dortmund. See at the picture. I tried 3 in the midle didint help.
Played small defending didint help, even asked them to mark the players didint help.
What happens is they play it out from back, and their centeral midfielders are always free and when they get the ball my centeral midfielders start to move up, but then its to late, they have played out first line of pressure and they are going straight at me

Skjermbilde.thumb.JPG.5370680119b701b9c81819ca7e73b758.JPG

51 minutes ago, Nima2708 said:

when the other team GK start with the ball, my two centeral midfielders dont focus on the central midfielder of the other team, they stay wide. I am Dortmund. See at the picture. I tried 3 in the midle didint help.
Played small defending didint help, even asked them to mark the players didint help.
What happens is they play it out from back, and their centeral midfielders are always free and when they get the ball my centeral midfielders start to move up, but then its to late, they have played out first line of pressure and they are going straight at me

Skjermbilde.thumb.JPG.5370680119b701b9c81819ca7e73b758.JPG

Can you show your tactic and your opponents formation?

7 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

Can you show your tactic and your opponents formation?

at this scene I play 4-4-2

like this:
Skjermbilde1.thumb.JPG.ce948a39bce1ef1c3a1c9106bd7960dc.JPG

But I start normaly like this:
4-4-2.thumb.JPG.e10b50988e5f938dd088994fc49ee9ac.JPG

The other team play 4-4-2 flat
With a pressing forward, winger and IW

For some reason 'Prevent Short GK Distribution' somtimes causes this weird behaviour with CM's in some tactics. Don't know if it's a bug or some weird interaction with other instructions but as such I just never touch that instruction. Try removing and see if it helps.

On 11/07/2020 at 23:53, dekzeh said:

For some reason 'Prevent Short GK Distribution' somtimes causes this weird behaviour with CM's in some tactics. Don't know if it's a bug or some weird interaction with other instructions but as such I just never touch that instruction. Try removing and see if it helps.

Agree. 

On 11/07/2020 at 20:37, Nima2708 said:

at this scene I play 4-4-2

like this:
Skjermbilde1.thumb.JPG.ce948a39bce1ef1c3a1c9106bd7960dc.JPG

But I start normaly like this:
4-4-2.thumb.JPG.e10b50988e5f938dd088994fc49ee9ac.JPG

The other team play 4-4-2 flat
With a pressing forward, winger and IW

Like dekzeh has suggested, try removing Prevent Short GK Distribution. There are certain formations that you do not want to use that instruction since your players will stick very close to their defenders to prevent them from getting the ball. This can cause problems when you face some formations.