Sports Interactive Community

I just started playing FM07 again after all these years and it's very simple, but also a bit hard due to the lack of features. Does anyone else play old versions of the game? And do you have any tips or tricks for FM07 in particular? Thanks in advance.

Pablo Vitti is the only talent I remember, so if anyone have some cheap wonderkids from that version, it would be much appreciated. :)

FM2017 user checking in. Although FM15 was my personal favorite and highest played FM, I have moved on to FM17.

FM15 was still being played up until 2 months ago, have now got 20 and find it hard to go back

FM 17, find it the best out of the recent ones

Posted (edited)

Yes, FM 17 is a really good edition. FM 12 aswell.

Edited by Svarteq

FM14 for me still. I'm searching for the official FM2007 skin that's compatible with FM14 though. Any ideas? 

Posted (edited)

Just loaded up my Steam and I'm now missing the majority of my previous versions of the games... any idea? I've purchased every version. :(

image.png.7e3319121a03b55c2bd6fc2250fb8483.png

Edit: Disabled Family Sharing on Steam, restarted it and they all re-appeared. Weird.

Edited by CSF90
Resolution

On to season 35/36 on FM18 and still loving it.

Does miss some of the nice features of FM20 but much prefer the ME - the long shots hitting corner flags aren't fun (long shots in generally are quite poor) but it's very enjoyable

I'm seriously thinking about giving FM17 or FM18 a go due to the ME.

I still playing FM 2010 for 11 Years and it is one of Greatest FM Game of all time for me.

hace 3 horas, Svarteq dijo:

I'm seriously thinking about giving FM17 or FM18 a go due to the ME.

I went back to FM18 and immediately felt that I was playing a much better ME. It has a few issues for sure, but the balance of play looks much more realistic to me. 

I was playing CM 01/02 with a modern database during lockdown but it stopped working. I've rebooted FM12 as I still had my tactics and schedules on an old laptop so started a game with Sligo Rovers although its frustrating already as I forgot they play summer football. I played a lot of FM13 last year. It's hard finding the balance between quick playability and the depth. I liked FM06 and FM07 as they were quick to play but the first to really start expanding on youth features. For all its love, going back to CM01/02 is difficult due to the lack of youth intake and it being harder to loan players out.

Just moved from FM16 to FM20 a week ago. I've usually left some gaps between versions. The previous one for me was FM13.

29 minutes ago, Draakon said:

Just moved from FM16 to FM20 a week ago. I've usually left some gaps between versions. The previous one for me was FM13.

Are you enjoying the ME in FM20 compared to FM16?

I've gone back to FM18 this week and the ME seems much more varied and enjoyable compared to the ME in FM20.

1 hour ago, Svarteq said:

Are you enjoying the ME in FM20 compared to FM16?

I've gone back to FM18 this week and the ME seems much more varied and enjoyable compared to the ME in FM20.

Actually, yes.

I played FM16 so far that some things in ME started to annoy me a lot. Also in FM20 it looks to me that there's a bit more variety in how goals were scored. My biggest problems that were evident in almost every game in FM16 were extremely stupid offside calls and backpasses that went over byline for a corner. In FM20 so far the thing that starts to bother me is how goalkeepers are incredible good in saving (and keeping hold of) the balls that come from close range headers in set piece situations. Like - how? In real life it would be a goal or some awkward parried save that allows ball to become loose in front of goal.

Hello everyone,

I didn't want to create new topic for it - I used to play old versions of CM and FM, from 03/04 to FM08 - and after long break, I wanted to go back - but probably not to the newest versions as from what I read about it, They seem to be getting a bit too complex and too focused on 3D and graphics which to me are irrelevant (Loved my good old 2d Dots, was already perfect to me!)

Question is - is there any way of purchasing older versions of Football Manager? I was thinking about 2010,2012,2013 or 2014.

On 18/07/2020 at 17:21, wackettdagenham said:

In short, yes I do.

fm.png

Do those older titles work via Steam no problem?

I am currently playing CM01/02 on Linux mint via Wine. it seems to work well but very basic by comparison to these days. Annoying things like no quick glance at attributes and the squad view being so very bare bones lol

Since I have steam on the Linux laptop I can actually play FM 14 which I found some old save files for. If I want to I can run FM15,16,17,& 18 as they are Linux compatible. But on occasion dabble in FM14 as that is the save file I found on an older Linux system.

On my main laptop though FM20 is very much at the forefront but would love to find and play FM07 or even 05 but in Windows 10 that simply isnt possible any more.

4 hours ago, Mastrangelo said:

Hello everyone,

I didn't want to create new topic for it - I used to play old versions of CM and FM, from 03/04 to FM08 - and after long break, I wanted to go back - but probably not to the newest versions as from what I read about it, They seem to be getting a bit too complex and too focused on 3D and graphics which to me are irrelevant (Loved my good old 2d Dots, was already perfect to me!)

Question is - is there any way of purchasing older versions of Football Manager? I was thinking about 2010,2012,2013 or 2014.

Try Amazon UK

10 hours ago, Mastrangelo said:

Hello everyone,

Out of those options FM12 seems to be the most popular. I love that version aswell, it had a nice balance between being streamlined and still having enough depth.

FM07... Sherman Cardenas was the guy to get in that game if I'm remembering correctly. Anyway, I'm still rolling on with a Borussia Dortmund save from FM13.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ARodgers said:

FM07... Sherman Cardenas was the guy to get in that game if I'm remembering correctly. Anyway, I'm still rolling on with a Borussia Dortmund save from FM13.

FM07 was a game i revisited lately. I loved the game back in the day, but to be honest it doesn't hold up to this day in my opinion.

FM13 had one of my greatest saves, because it's the only version where my local team NB Bornholm is playable in the Danish 2. Division. I took them to the Superliga, so I had alot of fun in that version, even though FM13 isn't considered a great game by most people.

Edited by Svarteq

FM17 player checking in here!!