4-1-4-1 help please

image.thumb.png.b6667edd4af6bff0131c291e584721c6.pngimage.thumb.png.d50c2072584de74d42ad615ff16d131d.pngimage.thumb.png.79ca0840ebfa713afa6df31b5b3b34b8.pngimage.thumb.png.d0922c7f0952ff34c19108ca72f71293.png

Hey all in dire need of some assistance. At the moment I'm in a 3 way tie for first place in Liga 3. I dominate possession 90% of my games and when I say dominate I mean like 75% to the opponents 25% but somehow I'll either still lose or I will draw. What would you do different? I still want to keep a great defensive shape but I need more attacking. Also its important to mention that I concede mostly on wide areas, if anyone has any tips on how to stop that I'd appreciate it also.

More questions, than bold statements, but...

• Too many guys on support, there's no attacking impetus from your 4 wides guys at all? Especially on balanced, you must just ping it around midfield/your half most of the time.
  • Disconnect between your AF and midfield, should be a DLF or CF?
  • Shoot on sight seems an odd one for a possession based system and besides the AF and AP whoever gets into a position to shoot?
  • I don't get the 'In Transition' ones? You have play out of defence in possession already, why not just short kicks?
  • Much higher LOE and standard DL must mean there must be loads of space to cover between the front 3 and the backline? Why not cinch that up some, make it more compact and then if you have some wide guys on attack they shouldn't get too spread out.
  • Are your guys good enough to have shorter passing and wide? Combined with balanced, doesn't that mean that regardless of good width intentions they need to get nearer to pass? And having 2 Ws and 2 WBs they should naturally be wide enough?
Edited by CaptCanuck

22 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

More questions, than bold statements, but...

• Too many guys on support, there's no attacking impetus from your 4 wides guys at all? Especially on balanced, you must just ping it around midfield/your half most of the time.
  • Disconnect between your AF and midfield, should be a DLF or CF?
  • Shoot on sight seems an odd one for a possession based system and besides the AF and AP whoever gets into a position to shoot?
  • I don't get the 'In Transition' ones? You have play out of defence in possession already, why not just short kicks?
  • Much higher LOE and standard DL must mean there must be loads of space to cover between the front 3 and the backline? Why not cinch that up some, make it more compact and then if you have some wide guys on attack they shouldn't get too spread out.
  • Are your guys good enough to have shorter passing and wide? Combined with balanced, doesn't that mean that regardless of good width intentions they need to get nearer to pass? And having 2 Ws and 2 WBs they should naturally be wide enough?

Thanks for the great feedback I made the following changes and will see how it progresses in the next few matches.

image.thumb.png.6b455e0a697f4c2dadd846e57e0bdfb5.png

There are loads (probably pretty much everyone, lol) that knows more than me, so I am sure they'll have lots of good stuff to add too. But hopefully you see some changes (even if they are not all positive) that can start to lead you to a winner. Being in with a promotion shot while not being happy with your tactic isn't a bad place to be!

1 hour ago, CaptCanuck said:

There are loads (probably pretty much everyone, lol) that knows more than me, so I am sure they'll have lots of good stuff to add too. But hopefully you see some changes (even if they are not all positive) that can start to lead you to a winner. Being in with a promotion shot while not being happy with your tactic isn't a bad place to be!

image.thumb.png.ec583874ebb4e8184f0b30d0c8cfeae8.png

My last 5-6 games after your recommended changes. :) thanks again mate

Nice! Liking the 14 F 4 A over that stretch. Bring on the promotio.

Might need to swap a W to SU against tougher teams or something, like once promotion, but keep good luck keeping that run going :-)

Edited by CaptCanuck

• 4 weeks later...