How would you play this KID

blejdek

I really dont know how to play this game. I retrained him on left AM because he has strong right leg and that way for inverted winger, but he doesnt deliver at all. I really dont know what else to do.

kid.png

22 minutes ago, TheJanitor said:

APM/a in centeral midfield. His dribbling isn't great yet but his physicals are ridiculous. I would also try to get rid of Knocks Ball Pass Opponents and replace it with Runs With Ball Often

Will try something like this then. I really wanted him to be the danger from the left side, maybe even my primary striker as IF or IW.

(EDIT: he already has trait runs with ball often :))

Edited by blejdek

Wow, that guy could boss a game from anywhere mid or higher.

Do you have an overlapping WB/FB to pair him with on the left? His footballing sense attributes + plays one twos should make him perfect for a leftside partnership, plus also being a breaker into the box to latch onto crosses from the right (assuming an IF-DLF-W type front 3)

1 hour ago, TheJanitor said:

APM/a in centeral midfield. His dribbling isn't great yet but his physicals are ridiculous. I would also try to get rid of Knocks Ball Pass Opponents and replace it with Runs With Ball Often

That would be a mistake with 14 for Dribbling. 

3 hours ago, blejdek said:

I really dont know how to play this game. I retrained him on left AM because he has strong right leg and that way for inverted winger, but he doesnt deliver at all. I really dont know what else to do.

kid.png

I would play him in CM as AP-A. 

16 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

Wow, that guy could boss a game from anywhere mid or higher.

Do you have an overlapping WB/FB to pair him with on the left? His footballing sense attributes + plays one twos should make him perfect for a leftside partnership, plus also being a breaker into the box to latch onto crosses from the right (assuming an IF-DLF-W type front 3)

I know right ?! Thats why i'm even more angry/sad/need_help why i cant get the most out of him, hes less then mediocre for me, so i know there is a way or tactic how to play him right. You asked how i play, screenshoted it for you, so anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance guys.

ok.png

19 minutes ago, yonko said:

That would be a mistake with 14 for Dribbling. 

Why? Look at those Agility, Balance, Strength and speed. Who's going to take the ball from him? Plus he's only 20 so it's going to go up to at least 15-16 which is above average.

I'd say that depends entirely on how you want your team to play. He could be pretty good in a lot of roles, with the right setup, and supporting cast. Personally, I almost completely abandoned the IF role in favor of IW.  In a 433, that's probably how I'd use him. That, or as a F9. 

2 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

I'd say that depends entirely on how you want your team to play. He could be pretty good in a lot of roles, with the right setup, and supporting cast. Personally, I almost completely abandoned the IF role in favor of IW.  In a 433, that's probably how I'd use him. That, or as a F9. 

Interesting, I saw many posts about people saying they abandoned the IF in fm 2020 where is not working as it should and most of them moved to IW, which gives them a much better results, resulting in more goals and more assists.

18 minutes ago, blejdek said:

I know right ?! Thats why i'm even more angry/sad/need_help why i cant get the most out of him, hes less then mediocre for me, so i know there is a way or tactic how to play him right. You asked how i play, screenshoted it for you, so anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance guys.

ok.png

What do heat maps and average position show you in regards to the IF/WB/MEz? It could be the Mez is drifting too much up and to the left? Cluttering the attacking space for the IF/WB and maybe bringing more defenders along with him?

I know every permeation impacts tactics, but I've had good success with my IF with this (I do have the get forward PI on him, otherwise standard):

2223_BHA_FormationA.JPG.caa7e2fd206f5060

4 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

What do heat maps and average position show you in regards to the IF/WB/MEz? It could be the Mez is drifting too much up and to the left? Cluttering the attacking space for the IF/WB and maybe bringing more defenders along with him?

I know every permeation impacts tactics, but I've had good success with my IF with this (I do have the get forward PI on him, otherwise standard):

2223_BHA_FormationA.JPG.caa7e2fd206f5060

Heres my heatmap.

kk.png

29 minutes ago, TheJanitor said:

Why? Look at those Agility, Balance, Strength and speed. Who's going to take the ball from him? Plus he's only 20 so it's going to go up to at least 15-16 which is above average.

14 is low for high level. When his dribbling improves to 15-16 then yes. 

He's a centre midfield advance playmaker. Those physicals plus those passing, vision and long shot stats means he should be physically dominating and controlling the game in the centre, splitting defences open with his passing and vision, plus chipping in with some long range goals. A player like this needs to be in the middle as involved as possible, not stuck out wide.

52 minutes ago, Blue 4 Life said:

He's a centre midfield advance playmaker. Those physicals plus those passing, vision and long shot stats means he should be physically dominating and controlling the game in the centre, splitting defences open with his passing and vision, plus chipping in with some long range goals. A player like this needs to be in the middle as involved as possible, not stuck out wide.

So you agree with some of the tops comments, there they suggest advanced playmaker on attack ? I was thinking about roaming playmaker in midfield, where i could use even more of his 16+ attributes. But still, i so wanted him to be threat from the left wing :(

44 minutes ago, blejdek said:

So you agree with some of the tops comments, there they suggest advanced playmaker on attack ? I was thinking about roaming playmaker in midfield, where i could use even more of his 16+ attributes. But still, i so wanted him to be threat from the left wing :(

On his current stats, I do agree he should be an advanced playmaker on attack. However, if his dribbling goes up to 15-16, he will also be a massive threat on the left, cutting in on his right foot to hit a long shot or play a through ball. 

A player like this should play well in any attacking midfield position. I just think a player like this needs to be central to get as involved as possible on the ball. 

• 2 weeks later...