Sports Interactive Community

Hello,

I have Macbook Pro 16", 2019 and I bought FM20 but matches are extremely slow even in very low quality.

CPU is 2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

GPU is AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB

Memory is 32GB

OS is Catalina (10.15.5)

I know Mac is not gaming oriented and I am not expecting a perfect performans with very high graphics but I think with this specs it should run fluently.

Can you try deleting both your cache and preferences folder and seeing if that makes a positive difference, please:

Hi Kyle,

I've also started seeing this issue on the match engine - games are laggy/jolt forward in play

Deleted both cache and preferences but this has now made it worse

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

CPU is 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

GPU is Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

Memory is 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G73)

Do you have any custom add-ons installed, or are you using a custom database?

Hi Kyle,

just out of the box database - not customised version downloaded, no custom add-ons (assume you wouldn't include a skin in this?)

tried dropping to medium quality graphics to see if that would help but get the same behaviour

What I've found is it appears to be maxing out the Radeon 560 memory at 99% during match, which is where I'm then seeing the stuttering during play but then not releasing the memory after - attached with FM20 and without showing maxed out memory on dedicated graphics card which then only drops when FM20 is quit.

However as you can see from the times with FM20 its starts fine even with matches run but something exhausts all graphics memory, very odd2131313098_withFM20.thumb.png.03a59ad238401d99d31419fb4d81e195.png 

without FM20.png

A skin would be included - any third party addons that aren't with the box standard game, would you be able to re-test those speed tests with the default dark/light skin and with the custom skin removed from the Sports Interactive folder - cut/pasted elsewhere. 

Hi Kyle,

I've re-tested with default skin (and custom skin removed from folder) - restarted but still shows 100% maxed memory on graphics card again - even before I run a match

FM20 default skin.png

Without FM20 default skin.jpg

Edited by neilj71_

Hi Kyle,

Not sure if it helps but seen some reports that latest macOS update (Catalina 10.15.6) is prone to kernel panics from a memory leak and possibly this is also impacting GPU too, it would make sense as only recently started to see this. Assume you guys also test when Apple release updates but would have expected to see more Mac FM20 users reporting this if this is the case..

https://eclecticlight.co/2020/08/06/catalina-10-15-6-is-prone-to-kernel-panics-from-a-memory-leak/

Apologies for the delayed response, it's a tricky one to try and solve, I'm going to ask a colleague with more expertise than I to take a look.

Did you never had these updates prior to updating to 10.15.6?