How to create a 'free eight'

HI everyone, I was wondering if/how people are using a 'free eight' in their tactics. The closest role/duty combination I can think of in FM20 terms is the mezzala on support, as he will still stay in the midfield area generally (rather than on attack bombing forward at every possible opportunity) but also roaming and moving wide to a slightly greater extent than other roles.

What does everyone think?

This was my own attempt at recreating free eights using ideas from Guardiola and Pozzo. I moved on to another system since but you might get ideas maybe and make what you want from it. Creating Guardiola-style tactics is not easy in this FM version.

If the link doesn't take you straight there, it's at the end of page 13.

Edited by crusadertsar

11 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

This was my own attempt at recreating free eights using ideas from Guardiola and Pozzo. I move on to another system since but you get ideas maybe make what you want from it. Creating Guardiola-style tactics is not easy in this FM version.

If the link doesn't take you straight there, it's at the end of page 13.

Thanks for sending that link, I'll have a read, looks really helpful!

Think Rashidi used an RPM + Mez(a) combo in one of his Liverpool tactics(FM19) on YT to create the free '8's'. I used the something similar, in my own tactic & it worked really well. 

Advice: Don't think of dem 2 roles in isolation. Their 'surrounding' or players around them should be put into consideration before employing.