Sports Interactive Community
ScottyC

I receive a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE. Multiple crashes in a day

I've received multiple crashes with the quote in the title. I've uninstalled my graphic drivers and reinstalled them as suggested and they're all up to date according to the NVIDIA Geforce app. I've checked the FM Steam store to make sure I pass the minimum specs (which I assumed I did) and I do. Sort of stuck on what to do from here? My Oldham are doing great, really don't wanna lose the save. 

Attached is the crash dump folders the help page said to attach. 

GPU_info v20.4.1.1363262 (2020.07.06 18.34.49).gpudmp

Is it happening if you try a new save? Or is it exclusive to the save you're currently on.

And can I get you to post your dxdiag file, please: 

Posted (edited)

I'll attempt a new save to see if that also crashes. Attached is the DxDiag file. 

Edit: I ran another save with a different team in a different league had the same crash occur.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by ScottyC

Can you attach the most recent crash dump you got, please.

This file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\crash dumps 

Do you have any custom add-ons installed by any chance? If so, can you remove them entirely from the Sports Interactive folder, please.

By custom add-ons do you mean things like skins, picture packs, logo packs etc? or just edited databases? I'll be happy to remove any and all add-ons!

Sorry for the delayed response - we don't work weekends!

But yes, things like skins and packs, try removing them entirely from the Sports Interactive folder and the clearing your cache and preferences. 

See if the crash still frequently appears.

This crash has started reoccurring even after I removed all the facepacks and downloaded files. Has a fix been found?

If you have removed all the graphics, please attach a new crash dump file.

Hey @ScottyC thanks for uploading those.

Taking a look at the attached crash dump, it really looks like it's down to the graphics card drivers.

I know you uninstalled & reinstalled drivers back when you made the opening post, but I'd recommend fully reinstalling the newest set from the manufacturer's website.

GPU_info v20.4.1.1363262 (2020.09.05 01.02.42).gpudmpFM 2020 v20.4.1.1363262 (2020.09.05 01.02.42).dmp

I recently installed new drivers the other day, I don't understand how the same crash is occurring even after a) deleting and reinstalling drivers and then also b) updating to their newest drivers? I was unable to play for a couple of months due to other commitments but it's effectively the same crash happening consistently over two sets of Nvidia drivers.

What point is the game crashing, are you able to make it into the save at all, or does it crash prior - during the startup?

If you can make it into the save, please set your in game match graphic preferences to low/lowest. 

If you can't make it in, follow the below step to set it:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2020 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: --config very_low
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM20 through Steam