Sports Interactive Community

Posted (edited)

hi there!

My game was stuck on the calendar page as shown in attached screenshot...  I've tried to remove all my graphics and change the theme back to default and it still won't work. I've tried deleting the cache file and go on holiday but none of the methods works...

I am currently using a custom database call (FMI-Data-Update-2806). I've uploaded my save file to your cloud under the name  (Chris Chan - Man Utd 3.fm)

Hopefully you can fix this issue since I am doing very well on this save and would rather not start again...

Thanks for your help and looking forward to hear back from you.

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 10.56.03 AM.png

Edited by chrischan1990

Thanks for uploading the save Chris - I'll investigate it at some point today and get back to you.

These issues are normally caused by a custom db though, so I can't promise I'll be giving you good news.

I've been able to progress past that date - so the issue you encounter may be a machine issue rather than one with the game. 

If you pm me your email I'll send you back the save which is a few days ahead and you might be able to carry on as normal. Should note that if it is a machine issue, you may encounter the same problem at a different date. 

How long did you leave the game processing for?

Got it - I’ll send it shortly.

There won't be any permanent solution to it I'm afraid on account of it being a custom database and the FM20 game coming towards the end of its cycle. 

We never did get the issue to reproduce on our end either, so it was a compatibility issue between your machine and the custom database. 

I know it's not great news, but the only thing we can recommend from here is playing on a standard database to avoid these sort of issues - I'm really sorry. 

Is the custom database still in the Sports Interactive folder / any of the custom files?

It'll be worth trying it 'as new', removing anything that isn't original, deleting cache and preferences and then attempting to progress. 

It works on our end, so if it still has issues then we can narrow it down to a machine issue.