Sports Interactive Community

Posted (edited)

Summary: I get an application error crash dump every time I try to continue through 24/04/2022

Description of Issue: Whenever I try to continue past the above date, I get an application error. This is the day after my final game of the season, I've tried going back to an older autosave and replaying the last couple of weeks of the season and this still occurs. It happens whilst simulating the results of other matches, after about 4-5 scores appear on the calendar I get the error. I was thinking of disabling all of the leagues that play on that date and then re-enabling them, however I've been troubleshooting this for hours now and needed to get to bed, so I'm posting this in the hope that you guys can offer a solution. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled graphics drivers, disabled antivirus, reinstalled game, tried to holiday through date, switched to default skin, disabled custom database files. Nothing is allowing me to progress past this date and I'm concerned that my save data is corrupted. Side note that I'm on the Xbox gamepass version.

Attached is one of the many crash dumps, all of which appear to be identical, as well as a dxdiag. Here is also a drive link to my save, it was too large to upload. Any help is greatly appreciated!

FM 2020 v20.4.1.1373994 (2020.07.04 01.44.52).dmp DxDiag.txt

Edit: Just realised I should upload my save to OwnCloud instead of a drive link, so I've done that now - it's called Woking to Glory - Copy.fm

Edit 2: Tried the save on another PC and got the same crash...sadly looks like a database issue so probably no getting my save back. All those hours...

Edited by elite_popadom
Added info

Thanks for all that info.

There are no obvious issues within the dxdiag file, the graphic drivers look up to date and capable. 

On 04/07/2020 at 02:27, elite_popadom said:

Edit 2: Tried the save on another PC and got the same crash...sadly looks like a database issue so probably no getting my save back. All those hours...

I presume this means you've used a custom database, yes? I'll investigate the save later today, but unfortunately a custom db does look like it may be the issue here, meaning the save wouldn't be fixable for the time being I'm afraid. I'll update in due course, apologies for the issues.

53 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Thanks for all that info.

There are no obvious issues within the dxdiag file, the graphic drivers look up to date and capable. 

I presume this means you've used a custom database, yes? I'll investigate the save later today, but unfortunately a custom db does look like it may be the issue here, meaning the save wouldn't be fixable for the time being I'm afraid. I'll update in due course, apologies for the issues.

Yeah I did use a custom database, so that's probably the issue. Thanks for looking into it anyway - I guess you'd recommend not using that custom database for another game as I guess I'll be starting over!

I'm afraid so, it's too late in FM20's cycle for custom issues like this to be fixed quickly I'm afraid. There will still be custom databases out there that work, you just need to be selective in those that you choose. Sorry I can't be of more help.

2 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

I'm afraid so, it's too late in FM20's cycle for custom issues like this to be fixed quickly I'm afraid. There will still be custom databases out there that work, you just need to be selective in those that you choose. Sorry I can't be of more help.

No worries. Did you get round to checking the save on your side as well? No worries if its not worth the time, but if you could then I would really appreciate it. Thanks again.

I've double checked it there and interestingly the save will progress on PC but not on Gamepass - were the custom db files you downloaded definitely compatible with the Xbox version?

At this stage though the outcome is still the same I'm afraid, custom issues won't be prioritised at this stage of FM20's cycle because of how niche they are and how few updates are planned on being released between now and the new title coming out.

Really sorry.

2 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

I've double checked it there and interestingly the save will progress on PC but not on Gamepass - were the custom db files you downloaded definitely compatible with the Xbox version?

At this stage though the outcome is still the same I'm afraid, custom issues won't be prioritised at this stage of FM20's cycle because of how niche they are and how few updates are planned on being released between now and the new title coming out.

Really sorry.

Ah alright, I didn't realise there was a difference in compatibility between steam and gamepass versions. Are you able to progress the save past this date and upload it on here for me to access? Or I can find someone else on the FM subreddit with the steam version and they can do that? I'm assuming that would work.

Can you pm me your email, please, I'll send across a later save and see if that works for you - however I can't promise it will!

I've emailed you now.

1 hour ago, Kyle Brown said:

I've emailed you now.

I've managed to get to June so far with no issues, so fingers crossed it stays that way. Massive thank you for all your help!

No problem - hopefully you don’t encounter it again!