Posted (edited)

I have noticed quite a few players who have very low leadership attribute levels 1-6 are still "Considered a leader" ?
Is this a bug? Are my staff just being silly or is leadership alone not the only deciding attribute whether a player is a leader or not?

leader or not2.png

Edited by Ronaldinho Gaúcho 10

Does he have 'team leader' status in a youth team?

Someone can be regarded as a leading figure in a squad due to being well established, popular and relatively high reputation even if their actual ability to motivate the team on the pitch sucks, but maybe the wording/explanations could use improvement

Posted (edited)

He has "Excellent fit" with the core group in the report. He is "Fairly Professional".
His Potential ability is 4.5 Stars, so maybe all those things added together, with his high Bravery maybe, make him a Leader in the U18 squad? Idk
But one would think that to be a Leader you would be rated higher in the Leadership attribute, no? 

Edited by Ronaldinho Gaúcho 10

Have seen this before. Usually it's with those who are influential or highly influential in their social group, and this status is given to them because of their playing ability. I can't pretend to know precisely what's going on the scenes there, but that's likely it. But, perhaps he has some player template that trends him toward becoming excellent in leadership. Who knows? May be worth sending him to a leadership course, though I've never really seen any real benefit of that.

It is a bit curious. I've looked in my own save and the three I have that are considered Leaders (which is a Player Style, like Creative, Technical, Physical etc) so it has to be about attributes. These three have Determination and Work Rate as their higher attributes. Maybe it's that? That their never give up and always working attitude is considered as something a leader would do?

On 01/07/2020 at 17:44, HUNT3R said:

It is a bit curious. I've looked in my own save and the three I have that are considered Leaders (which is a Player Style, like Creative, Technical, Physical etc) so it has to be about attributes. These three have Determination and Work Rate as their higher attributes. Maybe it's that? That their never give up and always working attitude is considered as something a leader would do?

If it's attribute based and not based mostly or exclusively on leadership, it's a crap description that needs renaming.

On my leipzig save, all the players think timo werner is a great leader in the dressing room yet his 'leadership' score is 6. Its nonsensical. A score of 6 out 20 would suggest to me that he is more of an introvert.

Posted (edited)
On 01/07/2020 at 15:25, Ronaldinho Gaúcho 10 said:

I have noticed quite a few players who have very low leadership attribute levels 1-6 are still "Considered a leader" ?
Is this a bug? Are my staff just being silly or is leadership alone not the only deciding attribute whether a player is a leader or not?

leader or not2.png

Sounds like Xhaka or Ozil 😂😭😭😭

Edit

They don’t do much on the pitch, but have the manager harping on about how the team see them as a leaders.

winning captaincy votes From teammates over lacazette (who captained Lyon if I’m not mistaken) and Aubameyam (who the fans love and is usually the player doing his job on the pitch).

Edited by jere_d
Context