League Swap Guide '09

Dave Fairbairn

The method for this is different for swapping leagues this year as the code has changed, but thank god it's EASIER.

Say you want to swap England and USA:

1. Open the editor, and swap all the American teams into English divisions and viceversa. The new editor is kind and will automatically fill last position and last division for you.

2. While the editor is kind enough to swap last position/division for you, it also swaps the nation of the teams. Go over and change the English teams nation back to England and US teams back to USA.

3. Save. DO NOT change the nation of any leagues, this will cause fixture display problems 90% of the time.

You're done!

IMPORTANT: The game will not create reserve/U18 teams for foreign clubs(for instance American teams in an English division). If you wish to have reserve and U18 teams, please do the following if you were to create a reserve team for Blackburn Rovers:

1. Create a new club in the editor. Set their nation to England. Give it a long name of Blackburn Rovers Reserves and short name of Blackburn Reserves... or whatever the bloody hell you like.

2. Assign them a stadium and make them kits etc. like you would for any other team.

3. Assign your team to "A Lower Division". If you're in Spain or somewhere like that, you can even set them to be in a normal division, as long as it is below the first team.

4. Go to Affiliated clubs. Add Blackburn, uncheck "is main club", set type to "B Club", then check "players move freely" and "same board".

Okay, you're done. You can even repeat these steps to set up C or even other types as well. You can have as many as you want. Just don't be pointless about it. :p

IMPORTANT 2: Some leagues will not allow swaps. If the game crashes or the league disappears, try another. Some things just can't be done.

thundercracker, that happens because the game does not recognize the teams as part of the nation.

Dave, I forgot to mention the CL. If you want to have a proper Champions League/Uefa Cup/Intertoto you need to assign the proper teams into it since the editor deletes this data once you swap teams. If you don't, random teams will be selected and you might even have the oddities of Portsmouth playing in the Champions league ect. Would be a good idea to list all the leagues that can be swapped? From my experience, Denmark, Sweden & Romania = swappable and also can handle controllable B & C teams in the lower leagues.

3. Save. DO NOT change the nation of any leagues, this will cause fixture display problems.

This is not entirely true. I ran a quick test, swapping Malian Clubs into the Malaysian premier league. I did also change the compettion country to Mali. Although on the selection screen Malaysia was still displayed, in the Game the competition was correctly displayed as Malian with all fixtures on the team screen.

I just though I would ask if anyone else other than Furyg has had any luck with a successful league swap the old way? I have managed to swap England using Dave's method for '09, but i am curious to see if the old way works for 09 as it did 08. So far these attempts have been unsuccessful as the game keeps crashing when creating the game, or at the same point if i change the TLA, I get a array out of bounds message. I am unsure f this is due to me using CIS as the nation, along with a whole host of created clubs.

This is not entirely true. I ran a quick test, swapping Malian Clubs into the Malaysian premier league. I did also change the compettion country to Mali. Although on the selection screen Malaysia was still displayed, in the Game the competition was correctly displayed as Malian with all fixtures on the team screen.

If you get the swap to work this way with other countries could you please let us know?

I know the TLA doesn't work, but I was testing it. For some reason when the english competitions are changed to CIS, i get an array access is out of bounds message, yet when the tla's are swapped, the game crashed at the same place. There must be something I haven't thought off that maybe useful. I will give it a try with an existing country and see if that works. l am just surprised that this worked perfectly for england on 08, yet i am having problems while doing the exact same thing for 09. The fact this crashes very early on the creating database section of the load, I believe using the CIS maybe the problem.

thundercracker, that happens because the game does not recognize the teams as part of the nation.

Dave, I forgot to mention the CL. If you want to have a proper Champions League/Uefa Cup/Intertoto you need to assign the proper teams into it since the editor deletes this data once you swap teams. If you don't, random teams will be selected and you might even have the oddities of Portsmouth playing in the Champions league ect. Would be a good idea to list all the leagues that can be swapped? From my experience, Denmark, Sweden & Romania = swappable and also can handle controllable B & C teams in the lower leagues.

Ah ha! I swapped the leagues around for Brazil and Russia, changing the Brazilian first division to Continent:Europe and Country:Russia and made Russian Premier a Country:Brazil and Continent:S America. It worked and the brazilian teams could qualify for the UEFA Champions League and the Russians qualify for the Copa Libertadores. Right... now to use the Brazilian championship to create a USSR league with the State championships as individual soviet leagues, see you in a few months everyone!

G.T.

Can I put the Reserve teams into the Scottish league (or any other leagues)? I got crash when putting 4 reserve teams into that league after the 1st year. (I swapped Vietnam with England).

Yes you can. Create a new team say Chelsea II or whatever you wanna call it. Go to Affiliations and make the team so that is a B or II team of Chelsea and click on sameboard and free player move. Put the team in whatever league you like.

Ah ha! I swapped the leagues around for Brazil and Russia, changing the Brazilian first division to Continent:Europe and Country:Russia and made Russian Premier a Country:Brazil and Continent:S America. It worked and the brazilian teams could qualify for the UEFA Champions League and the Russians qualify for the Copa Libertadores. Right... now to use the Brazilian championship to create a USSR league with the State championships as individual soviet leagues, see you in a few months everyone!

G.T.

That's how it should work since you can't change the nation of the league. I suppose the Brazilian state leagues should work too since the editor automatically swaps position places.

Yes you can. Create a new team say Chelsea II or whatever you wanna call it. Go to Affiliations and make the team so that is a B or II team of Chelsea and click on sameboard and free player move. Put the team in whatever league you like.

I put 4 reserve teams into the Scot league and my game got crashed after 1 year.

Just out of curiosity what was the date when the game crashed? Cuz in my edited league it did crash on January 1st 09. But in my test game where I've created B & C teams for Milan and put them in Championship & Serie B it hasn't crashed yet.

Just out of curiosity what was the date when the game crashed? Cuz in my edited league it did crash on January 1st 09. But in my test game where I've created B & C teams for Milan and put them in Championship & Serie B it hasn't crashed yet.

Mine crashed on July 1st 2009. Maybe England is not swappable?

3. Save. DO NOT change the nation of any leagues, this will cause fixture display problems 90% of the time.

Is this a problem beyond just not showing fixtures? I tested it and found the fixtures are made just not displayed on the screen. If you are willing to give up that one screen for it to work maybe it is ok?

And for 90% of the time do you mean loading of the same database over and over ie it works 10 loads out of 100 or do you mean different leagues, some work, some will never work?

I've tried swapping in Tunisian teams for Malaysian leagues but it does'nt seem to work at all. Malaysia just disappears as an available league at start-up.

Basically Tunisia has 14 teams, and the Malay Super League has 14 teams. I swapped all tunisian first division teams into the Malay Super League and visa versa. I changed the name of this league to Tunisian Ligue Professionnelle 1. I changed the name of the Tunisian Premier League to the Malaysian Super League. I also swapped the real life Tunisian Second division teams into the Malaysian Premier League (division 2), again renamed the competition to Tunisian Ligue Professionnelle 2. The Tunisian RL Second division teams are "a lower division" in the game, so I made the old Malaysian Premier League teams "a lower division" too. I also changed the nationality of the competitions to their real life countries and continents. I changed this back after the problem happened but to no avail.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Right, just discovered the swap teams option. Doing it with this and changing the leage nationality and teams nationality makes the league available for selection. Only thing is now the game crash's when loading the database.

Any ideas why this is? What are you supposed to do with Cup competitions?

mine got crashed on July 1st 2009. I thought my game crashed because of the reserve issues with Scot league (mentioned above) but when I tested without the reserves, game still crashed.

I couldn't go on holiday on my modified db (?).

Anyone knows which league could be used to swap successfully in 09?

If you cant change the nationality of the league doesnt that bring about big problems with cup fixtures? ie teams below the league will come from the nation of the league and not the nation of the teams you have put in the league!

Are SI trying to kill off a part of the community?? I experienced this with golf course design for EA sports Tiger Woods series. They stopped making the course architect program after 06 and for 08 made it almost impossible to install a custom course. I didnt even bother to buy 09 as I loved making courses but thought "whats the point if I cant". I really hope I and a lot of other database editors dont go the same way...

You don't need to change the nationality of the divisions. Cup teams are selected from certain divisions(for instance, in England, just fill things like English Northern League etc.), and not by country, and the game does not object to promoting teams who's nation and division do not match anymore.

There are other issues, though. There'd def workarounds if you're willing to do it.

The TLA dose not work any more(the league systems are responding to nation ID and off course it's hard coded-that's my guess) and that is a bad decision from SI (maybe not if they are planing to make the coms editable in the next release)

You don't need to change the nationality of the divisions. Cup teams are selected from certain divisions(for instance, in England, just fill things like English Northern League etc.), and not by country, and the game does not object to promoting teams who's nation and division do not match anymore.

There are other issues, though. There'd def workarounds if you're willing to do it.

Dave i understand if you cant be bothered to, but if i upload the db do you think you could try and make it playable?

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought I would note that the new patch doesn't do anything helpful when it comes to league swapping. The problem with fixtures not appearing on the team fixtures, when you change the league country still remains.

I knew it was doubtful, but this has just killed any interest I have had past day or two about trying to get back into the game.

I am just attempting to recreate a Soviet League, and just as a point of interest, my first test was to see what happened with the league changed to USSR, and interestingly all the teams have fixtures so long as their nationality is not USSR. next step sew if putting an Estonian, Russian club etc in there will make a difference.

Ok so it seems you can still change the name of the country etc, just not change where the league is actually based, which then would mean having to edit all the players nationalities back to the one you want it to be, this makes the task WAAAAAY to big and will just cause more issues, damn that just sucks...hopefully I can find a macro program that will change a large number of players in one go...

Right so I have changed the name of the country, the three letter code and everything else, and it worked fine.

Anyone know what happens on September 14th? Because this is the date I now have an issue with. Is it the date of a particular draw being made that the scottish teams or Welsh teams might be in? If anyone can help it would be great otherwise I will just keep plugging on. Right now my 'scotland, wales and N Ireland' have no teams of their own nationality, which may be my problem, will be fixing that though :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I just want to swap 1 team --From a non playable league to a playable one.

Example I want to play as Toulon ..there are in the CFA ..even though the game states that you can choose it you cant play .

So If I want to place Toulon in the National(which is playable) Can someone tell me what I need to do?

I looked at Calais and swapping with them ...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Is it possible for clubs in the 9th tier in England (ie below the North, South, Isthmian North/South leagues) to either be promoted or to play in the FA Cup in the game? In other words do these teams need to be replaced?

Teams from those leagues are the teams that get promoted to the Blue Square North/South in the game and so obviously they can pariticipate in the FA Cup as well. :thup:

Actually i tested this in the last few hours by giving Wembley (in the Combined Counties league) a reputation of 7250 which would assumably assure promotion up to the playable leagues. After 5 years they had not moved (in fact the make up of that division had not changed) and also they had not participated in the FA Cup. All divisions in tier 9 remained the same as at the start of the game. Hence i should only need to swap teams down to the level of North Premier First Division N/S, Isthmian First Division N/S and Southern First Division Midlands/South&West. Unless anyone else has seen teams promoted after starting at the lowest level?

Actually i tested this in the last few hours by giving Wembley (in the Combined Counties league) a reputation of 7250 which would assumably assure promotion up to the playable leagues. After 5 years they had not moved (in fact the make up of that division had not changed) and also they had not participated in the FA Cup. All divisions in tier 9 remained the same as at the start of the game. Hence i should only need to swap teams down to the level of North Premier First Division N/S, Isthmian First Division N/S and Southern First Division Midlands/South&West. Unless anyone else has seen teams promoted after starting at the lowest level?

Yeah only teams in the highest unplayable division will get promoted.

Archived