Sports Interactive Community

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon
I have a save where everything has always gone normal, but now I can't move from June 30, 2022 to July 1, 2022.
An error appears, and I have tried to update and reinstall the graphics card drivers and have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but the same error continues to appear.
Attached is the crush dump that appeared to me.
Thank you

FM 2020 v20.4.1.1363262 (2020.06.28 16.37.51).dmp

Edited by tiagogaspar10

What's the save called :)?

Thanks Tiago, I'll look into this later today.

The only save I could find on our cloud was 'Tiago Gaspar - Bolton 2.fm'. 

Is that the one you're referring to, I couldn't see the specific one you mentioned above?

If it is, can I ask if you have one closer to June 30th, as the Bolton 2 save is in October.

Posted (edited)

Possibly I sent the wrong save.
I put it back on the cloud, the save is recorded with the name "Tiago Gaspar - Livre"

Edited by tiagogaspar10

Got that save - thanks. I'll look into that today and get back to you.

I've looked into the save and crash appears to be caused by the number of database changes - there were more than 50,000. 

I'm really sorry for the bad news, but because of how late it is into FM20's cycle, I can't promise a fix for this will be quick, or even released prior to FM21. 

The team work on a severity basis, and this crash will only affect people using your specific database I'm afraid. 

Even if you reload to a previous point, I believe it will always crash at this point, so the best course of action for now would be to start a new save on a standard database. Really sorry I can't be of more help. 

Thank you very much anyway, so for the next one it is better not to start saves with so many changes in the database?
If so, what is the limit number that you think is acceptable for this not to happen again?

I can't really advise on a number - I'd personally always ask users to use the standard 20.4.1 database where possible. 

It really just depends what you change, you could make 100k changes and find no issues - it's really hard to say. 

Sorry, I know that's a vague answer, it's just hard to give you a concrete response.