Strikers

Engine. Its well known in this version 1on 1s are unrealistic. Basically every goal I score and every goal the opposition scores against me or if I watch highlights of other teams known for passing football the only goals ever really scored are crosses and headers or set peices

59 minutes ago, lex311085 said:

Engine. Its well known in this version 1on 1s are unrealistic. Basically every goal I score and every goal the opposition scores against me or if I watch highlights of other teams known for passing football the only goals ever really scored are crosses and headers or set peices

Oh come on... Some of you really exaggerate it way too much. Now only crosses and headers are scored? Not true at all. I scored more through balls then crosses even playing with 2 wingers. My strikers score 1 on 1s not all the time but they score them, some players complain about long shots so those get scored too. I saw plenty of rebound tap-ins etc. Variety of goals get scored.

3 minutes ago, yolixeya said:

Oh come on... Some of you really exaggerate it way too much. Now only crosses and headers are scored? Not true at all. I scored more through balls then crosses even playing with 2 wingers. My strikers score 1 on 1s not all the time but they score them, some players complain about long shots so those get scored too. I saw plenty of rebound tap-ins etc. Variety of goals get scored.

This isn’t really the case 1 v ones are the worst type of shot you want to have after a 2 v 1

both instances the attacker is more likely to not score

Also what annoys me about this engine also is that every AI team pretty much plays the same. If I watch highlights of premier league goals Liverpool never play like Liverpool, Man City never play like Man city, Barcelona never play like Barcelona even though there are such a variety of tactics which is supposed to bring individuality and identity to a team. Even the AI manager stats don't really mean anything. if you edited Klopp or Guardiolas attributes from 20's to 1's they would still get the same league positions as they usually do in the game.

17 minutes ago, jere_d said:

This isn’t really the case 1 v ones are the worst type of shot you want to have after a 2 v 1

both instances the attacker is more likely to not score

There are many types of 1 on 1s. It can be a great opportunity but it can be not so great but people will still consider it great because it was just him and keeper. They don't care if it is slight angle or if the player had to dash 50m prior the shot.  And I feel that attacker is less likely to score for any type of shot exept penalty and inside the box tap ins.

Maybe those who complain are right, I don't know really because I have yet to manage really big club. I'm just commenting what I see in my game and I don't seem to miss that many 1 on 1s to the point that it is annoying.

3 hours ago, Franchise said:

I've invested alot into firearxs the last 2 years none of them finish 2 on 1s or score consistently . S it a engine thing, technique or what?

Could be either. 1 on 1s are not quite right but they can be scored. You'll need to look at your players composure/finishing/technique. You can also train the trait to dribble round the goalie which one of my players has and he scores a fair few where he is put through and does actually dribble round the goalie/opens his body up to finish into an empty net.

9 hours ago, yolixeya said:

There are many types of 1 on 1s. It can be a great opportunity but it can be not so great but people will still consider it great because it was just him and keeper. They don't care if it is slight angle or if the player had to dash 50m prior the shot.  And I feel that attacker is less likely to score for any type of shot exept penalty and inside the box tap ins.

Maybe those who complain are right, I don't know really because I have yet to manage really big club. I'm just commenting what I see in my game and I don't seem to miss that many 1 on 1s to the point that it is annoying.

I’m playing a game right now watching vardy miss 2 and tilamans miss 1 one v one v Adrian. defender did close in from the side and they had run from half way in the ops half.

meanwhile I had mane run from his own box past 2 players made it to the outside of my box curl the ball round my defender and schmeichel, at most there was a meter between scheichel and the post when the shot was taken.

now I accept this could happen mane is an amazing player but in this game it doesn’t surprise me that I missed those 1 on 1s which were deffo not as difficult as the goal I conceded

i have vardy on the end of 2 of them

hes usually deadly in a position like that

tight angle or not🥱🥱🥱

@jere_d

I have even seen some goals where my player or opposition player dribbles a few payers and then score a goal no keeper would save. The goals like that can be scored, but I would not call that a good opportunity. I guess Liverpool can sometimes score a goal just with brute force, not just because of Manes attributes, but all of his teammates. Math is just on their side. :D

But in general, for 1 on 1s it matters where the ball is received, is there a defensive preasurre, is it a tight angle etc.

10 hours ago, lex311085 said:

Also what annoys me about this engine also is that every AI team pretty much plays the same. If I watch highlights of premier league goals Liverpool never play like Liverpool, Man City never play like Man city, Barcelona never play like Barcelona even though there are such a variety of tactics which is supposed to bring individuality and identity to a team. Even the AI manager stats don't really mean anything. if you edited Klopp or Guardiolas attributes from 20's to 1's they would still get the same league positions as they usually do in the game.

To be fair I think Liverpool are the one team other plays similar to real life

The match engine is literally just long ball and press

no tiki taka

no Brazilian flair

no Wenger walk it into the net

just park the bus and get a set piece to score

or Liverpool press and score long shots and far post headers

If you're frequently getting one-on-one situations, particularly with a single striker setup, you need to train them to either round the keeper (if they have good dribbling), or to lob the keeper (if they have good finishing and technique). With "round the keeper", your striker will dribble all the way to the keeper, and at the last moment sidestep him, and take the shot into an empty net. This can happen without the training, but very rarely. With "lob keeper", they will attempt to chip a shot over the keeper that has come out for a one on one, and launch it over them into the net. Either way, you want your striker in such situations to have good composure.

This is more important in more direct play games, and can result in a lot of scoring chances translating to goals. If you're playing a more patient approach with a striker pair, you may want to opt to give them "places shots".