Sports Interactive Community

Hi all,

I am having issues with my FM 19 game. I previously upgraded from FM 17 as I had this exact same issue whilst playing a long term game on 17. My computer runs FM fine usually however my game now occasionally freezes and will not move forward unless I move my mouse on the mousepad. Their appears to be no trigger, it happens both in matches and whilst looking at my inbox/tactics/scouting players. If the game is in a match the timer pauses and nothing will continue unless I continuously move the mouse on the pad. If it is loading between games the load bar will not progress unless I move the mouse. Their is no other indication that this is happening however. As long as I move my mouse the game progresses however if i save whilst the game is doing this the save becomes corrupted and I cannot reload it and have to go to one of my backup saves a few weeks back. Is this a common issue? I've done some googling and looked on this forum and can see no mention of anybody having similar happen. This is really frustrating as I am 30 years into my save and would like to keep playing it however it appears to be happening more and more frequently. I have tried deleting my cache and my preference folder several times however this does nothing. I have removed leagues from my game as I thought maybe it was a memory issue however that does nothing. If I ctrl - alt - del whilst this is happening it says  football manager is - "staging"

Can  somebody please help?

Do you have any custom add-ons installed, and if so, could you try removing them before then deleting cache & preferences.

Hi, I have logo packs and kit packs installed if thats what you mean? I use the default skin however. But I have had those packs installed since the beginning of my save and it it is only in the last few seasons this has started to happen. 

This is not an issue that we are aware of for FM19, I would suggest you to remove any custom add-ons and try again. 

Leagues are only removed at the end of the season, which is probably why you may think that the function isn't working.

As a test can you try starting a new save game and see if the same issue is happening, please?

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

Hi, I have started a new save today and the same thing happens, however that is with kit and logo packs installed. I can try removing them and trying again however. I know the leagues are removed at the end of the season, what I mean is since removing the leagues it is still an issue.

I have done as you suggested and am having the exact same issue. the game randomly freezes and wont continue unless I move the mouse.

Can you give us your system dxdiag file, please: 

Can you uninstall and reinstall the latest version of both your Intel and Nvidia drivers, please, the dxdiag shows their may be an issue with them:

Neither of the graphics card drivers are showing on that dxdiag report

This makes no sense, when I look in device manager, intel driver and support assistance and gefore experience it says all drivers are up to date

Is there any difference with the newer drivers?

Glad to hear it, let me know if it changes!

Can you double check you're switched to your integrated card (Nvidia) please: