[FM20] Irchester Utd. Tier 10. England. Home. Youth Only.

51 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Question to you? Oct 2037.

My usual style of posting follows a standard monthly update with extra updates as and when required. Because we started so low, (and hoped for a quicker rise up the leagues than we have actually managed), I decided to adopt just 1 big seasonal update with extra mini-updates as and when required. It seems we have got to the stage where more is happening and I think I'm going to revert to monthly updates, (although the 1st imminent update will cover the 1st 2 months of the season). 

I'm very aware that there are quite a different group of people following this thread than normal follow my drivel, and I want to know what you prefer? 

• Short monthly updates. 
  • Long annual updates. 

I'm not saying that I'm going to follow what more people prefer, but it would be good to at least be aware if there is a preference.

Thanks in advance. :thup:

Personally I like the style you are doing now with one seasonal update but with your thinking and findings from within your save in between. Like your recent posts about selling clauses, many of us have the same dilemmas but wouldn't maybe interpret them the way you do so it adds another dimension to the read for us and thus develops our knowledge/thinking of the game. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

My usual style of posting follows a standard monthly update with extra updates as and when required. Because we started so low, (and hoped for a quicker rise up the leagues than we have actually managed), I decided to adopt just 1 big seasonal update with extra mini-updates as and when required. It seems we have got to the stage where more is happening and I think I'm going to revert to monthly updates, (although the 1st imminent update will cover the 1st 2 months of the season). 

I'm very aware that there are quite a different group of people following this thread than normal follow my drivel, and I want to know what you prefer? 

• Short monthly updates. 
  • Long annual updates. 

I'm not saying that I'm going to follow what more people prefer, but it would be good to at least be aware if there is a preference.

I was doing something similar with my save. 2 big updates per season. Now we are up into the professional leagues I am doing an update every couple of months. I think it works better like that. 

17 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Forget about us scoring 125 goals because that's not what won us the league, (well it is but just hang on a minute). What won us the league is that even when we lost a player who was scoring better than a goal a game, we continued scoring like that, (or almost like that), after he left, so while he might have been the one finishing the chances, there were players at the club and who have been at the club for a few seasons now, who have slowly developed and gone under the radar of other clubs. 

You talked about not wanting to move the Tanzanian back because of your worry about replacing a goalscorer and then I see you've scored 125 goals this season!

15 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Oh my giddy Aunt. :eek: Jun 2037

Cann you imagine if we were getting just 1% of this? 

34f8825ff71903cd9cbaef6217e1c47a.png

I wonder if they talk about him the way they've talked, non stop, about Jamie Vardy's rise from non-league football?!

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

• Short monthly updates. 
  • Long annual updates. 

As and when something of note occurs.

Re: the transfers, i have turned down far bigger transfer clauses, being a bit greedy only for the player to either be sold on the cheap or released. I just make it a point to generally cash them in for sell on's and always for app related clauses.

42 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

You talked about not wanting to move the Tanzanian back because of your worry about replacing a goalscorer and then I see you've scored 125 goals this season!

I wonder if they talk about him the way they've talked, non stop, about Jamie Vardy's rise from non-league football?!

Goals win football matches. :lol:

I doubt it. It does seem ridiculous that we get nothing for him. I know he only played 4 games for us, but he was at our Academy for 3 years before he came through the intake. At what point are we eligible for a small % of future fees? 

I must admit I had forgotten he scored the winning goal in the Southern League Cup Final. (I love stuff like this). 

c752c9c4fd8afdd4ec774b9f53f34350.png

25 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

As and when something of note occurs.

Re: the transfers, i have turned down far bigger transfer clauses, being a bit greedy only for the player to either be sold on the cheap or released. I just make it a point to generally cash them in for sell on's and always for app related clauses.

Yeah, I'm just annoyed that I got it wrong on that one. There are times when the deal is not right, but in hindsight that one was a no-brainer and I should have jumped at it. Ah well. We live and learn. 

Conference National Salary per anum. Nov 2037.

In case you don't know, in real life there is an enormous difference in the haves and the have-nots in this league. In game there is no difference. 

4adbb81864d694a7767e85f8af645da5.png
4f33848d9160add103fd218eef7fa420.png

Having said that, Sutton spending £5M+ on wages is ridiculous and they have somehow brought in £1.7M in in transfer fees. When I look at their recent transfer dealings it doesn't show £1.7M at all. In fact it doesn't show any transfer income this season at all. 

cd7826a68dcf11500286ba4afbb5a35e.png

Maybe that means they received a big sell-on from a previous sale....

The absolute barstewards! I know exactly where the money is from.

It was them that nicked (30a) James (DMA) * from me. They got £6M for him at the initial sale and they have obviously just been paid out for him scoring 50 league goals. This is really tough to take. :( They are spending our money! :mad:

f46731e208cd2bb1634bf0af42416d96.png

22 minutes ago, Fosse said:

Feels as though you’ve made a big breakthrough now

Not really. I feel like we are a very small fish in a very large pond at the moment and if we are looking to get promoted, (it's not as bad as it might be with Playoffs down to 7th), then while that might not be completely out of the question, our ability to turn pro seems a very very VERY long way away. That's the next step and I I don't think we are anywhere near it right now. I think there is a little bit of a slog in store between now and promotion and/or turning Pro. 

I wonder how many IRL managers have these discussions about possible future fees for players vs. a buyout clause for a transfer.  

I would think there are times when managers play their best XI and times when you want to play players who you are looking to sell so that other teams get a good look at him.  It's a tough balance to strike and you present it well in this update thread.

Edited by iamnobody

Oct & Nov 2037

Conference National. We've been in surprisingly good form and with the exception of the Hartlepool game haven't been conceding too many goals either, (which is an astonishing surprise!". 

29da7226f85c9b31a99fbf4319fb457c.png

fe5be6c5ecf2c6b7c7d0f9c0aaf5eddf.png

Cup games. I rotated the squad in the 1st game, but we didn't lose so I had to play the 1st team in the 2nd game and they did lose, (albeit on penalties). :lol:

d177bb5def99875cba16b3c67d6a3c12.png

34 minutes ago, iamnobody said:

I wonder how many IRL managers have these discussions about possible future fees for players vs. a buyout clause for a transfer.  

I would think there are times when managers play their best XI and times when you want to play players who you are looking to sell so that other teams get a good look at him.  It's a tough balance to strike and you present it well in this update thread.

It's actually made this part of the save really challenging and enjoyable in a sadistic sort of way. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm only too aware that we are getting pretty good intakes every single season, but I feel like I deserve that for getting the facilities to 20/12. I've already made 1 mistake that has cost us £110k and I'm determined to be smarter from here on. I don't mind missing out on the little deals, but I need to get the big deals right and £100k is a big deal at the moment. 

Posted (edited)

Fatigue. Dec 2027

i'm encountering something at the moment that I have never experienced this significantly before in FM. 

I have 1 particular player who seems constantly fatigued and I'm not really sure why. He's suffering far more than everyone else in the squad.

The following selected line-up is the one which played our last game on 5th December, and today is 9th December. 

df0b7669cb5d91e7b15a8ab1fe1e1342.png

(37b) Júnior (POR) F.Det * has only started 9 games this season, and his performances have been decent, but other player have played 15, 16 and even 18 games this season with no issue. 

8e49238b47d334a7d0b5ff637f26ab96.png

d4bfe13a90727fb5250ceeaff606dbbc.png

His Natural Fitness is 10 so I'm not really sure what the problem is. 

I've rested him regularly and even sent him a 1 week holiday, but it's not enough. 

56946e88c8659dd03651f15c97a733f8.png
d48779ef8f79a86a84c7bfa415f29be9.png

I think that part of the problem is that he missed much of pre-season because he was on International duty with Portugal U21's and he certainly seems to see an awful lot of the ball on Int duty. 

89ec7decb9500f5c23fb4110642439c0.png

These are the Portual U21 games he has played in. 

fb313d8b4955532c5ef3f877a5e0e530.png

So while he might only have played 9 games for us, he's also played 6 games for Portugal U21's during the season and another 5 during pre-season when he should have been training. The problem I've got though, is that I don't control General Training so I don't know how to fix this. 

In terms of training, this is what I have him on at the moment, (it's automatic based on this). 

af67e85c8bc1440a0fa8e898ecd81ac0.png

fe04605ce8b51f5374817b9dfd00372f.png

So he's at double intensity now because his condition %is above 79% and when it drops below that it will change accordingly. 

The physio advice is that we give him 3 weeks holiday, but I'm not sure if that will fix the problem so don't want to lose him for 3 weeks, (especially over the Chrismas/New Year period), especially if the issues are going to return. 

I've even not trained him on a new PPM to try and reduce the workload. 

9bbe8028de832d8d8e4b7823d53ee126.png

Any thoughts or advice? because this really is not an area of strength for me? 

[Edit]

I've decided to give him a 2 weeks holiday and see how he is after that. I need to fix this because it will be having an impact on his development. 

7debb99ccf9eda68e8cf46063542cf46.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Is junior playing for Bristol city U19? I have had this happen when i have loaned out u19 players. His Natural fitness is not great but not so bad as for him to get that fatigued.

Take him off the focus training as his training workload is still heavy and keep his intensity level no more than normal so he doesn't lose condition through intensive training.

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It's actually made this part of the save really challenging and enjoyable in a sadistic sort of way. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm only too aware that we are getting pretty good intakes every single season, but I feel like I deserve that for getting the facilities to 20/12. I've already made 1 mistake that has cost us £110k and I'm determined to be smarter from here on. I don't mind missing out on the little deals, but I need to get the big deals right and £100k is a big deal at the moment. 

It would be interesting to do this same kind of save on FMT and see the difference because of the different limitations in FMT (small youth intake, less details in other area).  Of course, that would also mean having level 11 in FMT which hasn't happened yet.  

2 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

Is junior playing for Bristol city U19? I have had this happen when i have loaned out u19 players. His Natural fitness is not great but not so bad as for him to get that fatigued.

Take him off the focus training as his training workload is still heavy and keep his intensity level no more than normal so he doesn't lose condition through intensive training.

No, he's only playing for Irchester and Portugal U21's. 

1eac826914a89e64beb118d7c86ec2d4.png

I've given him a 2 week holiday in the hope that will sort it. Will just have to wait and see. 

1 minute ago, iamnobody said:

It would be interesting to do this same kind of save on FMT and see the difference because of the different limitations in FMT (small youth intake, less details in other area).  Of course, that would also mean having level 11 in FMT which hasn't happened yet.  

It's one of the reasons that I haven't managed to stick with FMT when I have tried it. (I love a youth intake). 

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It's one of the reasons that I haven't managed to stick with FMT when I have tried it. (I love a youth intake). 

I understand.  I try to get into full FMT, but it's just too much sometimes.  I stick to FMT.  I just wish is had the editor so new countries/divisions could be added.  That would be perfection for me.

2nd fine for failure to control players. Jan 2038

8 yellow cards is fine, but having a player sent off in the 17th minute makes it pretty hard to win. :lol:

2ab12f448839d95ae1112b04fbecdc2f.png

Big bid. Jan 2038

Porto have come in with a big offer for (34a) Nieminen (FIN) (Driven)*. The only problem is that we don't have a sell-on fee for him. :(

d5e119580f62467ec441630b31dc122a.png

ea7c01e726fc84c4ef49783928ff8dc4.png

50565df5a5de0751eec36541b5157f80.png

4 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Big bid. Jan 2038

Porto have come in with a big offer for (34a) Nieminen (FIN) (Driven)*. The only problem is that we don't have a sell-on fee for him. :(

d5e119580f62467ec441630b31dc122a.png

ea7c01e726fc84c4ef49783928ff8dc4.png

50565df5a5de0751eec36541b5157f80.png

The only problem.... :D

He is developing well. You mentioned that going to League One will help him and it did.  

Another sale. Feb 2038

(34c) Guy Bacon (Driven) * had already scored 22 league goals in the 1st half of the season, so I really didn't want to sell him, but I was very aware that his contract was due to expire at the end of the season and I couldn't get him to re-sign, (because he was unhappy about me offering him out to clubs at the start of the season). In the end the board took the decision out of my hands by accepting this deal. FGR are rock bottom of the Championship and are likely to be playing in League 1 next season, but I think this is a good deal for everyone. It's not loads of money, (but it's a decent amount of money for a player who can leave on a free at the end of the season), we get a friendly that will be decent money and we also get 30% of profit. All in all I'm as happy as you can be when you lose a striker who has scored you 73 goals in 2 and a half seasons. 

af856dbf227386220f57cc08023efcac.png

72c58a049ff73d5f7d840f50de66fe9b.png

ded7d847b166dd1ed791c7f18888f4cf.png

Dec & Jan 2037/38.

Conference National. That's a LOT of red. More red than we have seen in a long time. :(

The fixtures were tough with 2 consecutive games against Boston Utd and then another against Crawley. Despite that, we're still only 5 points of the playoffs. 

5c90d754925ef9e8696d457c667ec9cf.png

a34bd147db689e11a35e2232a5028d8b.png

Cup games. Easy games here because it's certainly not a priority. 

4110928cb7c9a443ca9f15461e9f3106.png

Transfers. This doesn't look like a lot of income, but actually it's significant for us. You've got to remember that we're still in the Conference and are a Part Time club. 

d296da6f891766f0acad9a3afb1bfe60.png

Finances. I can't do a lot about the money in the short term. We are under our wage budget and I am selling players and not buying anyone. 

c31e40bdc52f19e107348354fbaecc78.png

a326f02631716546bf1612169d42d37f.png

Posted (edited)

Biggest sale of the save so far. Feb 2038

I didn't really want to sell (37c) Komba (TAN) *, because he was only in his 1st full season with us, but I had already tried to get him to sign a pro contract with us and it was clear that he wasn't going to, so we had to cash in on him. I wanted to keep him until the end of the season and of course I wanted 50% and a friendly, but because of the size of the clubs involved, (the biggest we had seen interested in a player so far), I decided to start at £100,000 initial fee and then add in the same payment after 50 league games and 50 league goals. When I offered him out for that and 18 clubs immediately accepted I knew I had gone too low. :(

Ah well, he's here for the rest of the season, (we need him), it's another £100k off the overdraft and we have a nice 50% in our back pocket, as well as a friendly against a Premier League club that should bring in another £50k. 

I don't like to see a good player go, but this is exactly what we have to do. 

The Youth Intake preview that's posted up a little shows that we might have a decent striker but I actually don't really want a great one. I want one that is likely to stay here for a few years. (Is that me being picky now?

46e5f94c559832c6500328333d7cf659.png

1c60e978d32485f02c452149f24a2ce7.png

028312ccd52a817b8bee9b7a00bbeb98.png

3af0075727c80ab6593cebb768790db6.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

It feels like you are close to a breakthrough. Just the transfer fees for a few more deals like this could put you out of the red.

8 minutes ago, wesl said:

It feels like you are close to a breakthrough. Just the transfer fees for a few more deals like this could put you out of the red.

Yeah, it's significant, but I need to just keep it going and when the clauses start rolling in we can start looking at the Training and Youth Facilities. 

I've extended all the existing player contracts for 2 years and apart from up front I think we are looking good. I'm getting just a little nervous about our lack of striking options for next season though. Usually that would involve me using the transfer market, but obviously that's not much of an option in this save. 

(30e) Calum Bird (WAL) is an option that I'm looking to re-sign but (32e) Big Craig (F.Det) 6'6" * would be the big one if I can bring him back. They don't look great and I think that shows how poor we are in this area, but (32e) Big Craig (F.Det) 6'6" * would certainly score goals for us. 

bfe0aa145147e504146b2d06a78f6701.png

bf6d6cb6aed92dddbcebbcedab6d5b21.png

fbe5128067059bfb32613a4bc0ed3ee2.png

5a27991660a99dc847e5af752fdce516.png

8 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Youth Intake preview. Dec 2037

0be4e1848d0beddb65ba35c7c15c10ce.png

Youth Intake Day. Mar 2038.

At 1st glance this doesn't look a great intake compared to recent years, (at least in terms of CA), but the PA actually looks better than decent with 1x 5.0 and 3x 4.5 players. What's really bad however is that there are no new Nationalities and the catastrophic news is that there are no less than 6x Unambitious personalities and 3x Low Determination personalities. 

641e6ff52028959150af7e7d6a35284b.png

Squad by PPA.

9623e3b5c32f6921d8a49def6ef93715.png

Nations already represented in previous intakes. 
510bfc673fd836be371fd1e619684a8a.png

New Nations represented in this intake. None. :(

Because this intake is very much PA based rather than CA based it's hard to pick out any potential stars. 

(38c) McCormack (IRL) (Bal) is the 1st player that jumps out at me, but when I look at him, despite me desperately wanting a striker, I don't see a striker at all. Instead I see a midfield Playmaker. That being said, I don't need a playmaker, I need a finisher. I probably won't be able to get him in the side next season in midfield, but I will most certainly be able to squeeze him in the side up front. Even if he ends up a midfielder, my plan for next season is to play him as striker. 

fd79d32090bc06951a3d4d8a5bddc6c4.png

(38a) Franc Usman (SWE) Bal is a more...... "real" midfielder and I can see him developing nicely from here. 

2aa2daf736d6a289d5e15113e9463750.png

In summary, the striker I was looking for isn't really here, and neither is the centre-back I have been searching for, but we certainly do have a few more options in the middle of the pitch. It will be interesting to see how I can develop them.

Striking woes. Mar 2038

It's getting towards the end of the season and I was just going through individual training and PPM's and planning for next year. Everything looks ok except for our striking options. We look REALLY short. 

This is every striker at the club, (but also includes players who are more suited to playing elsewhere). 

f54c476e3a5f30f1e92a783839403b02.png

(37c) Komba (TAN) * is joining Crystal Palace at the end of the season, (and good luck to him). 

(31c) Zakim Back * is our back-up DLP and isn't suited to playing up front at all. I am adamant that he won't play up front. (Those of you who are paying attention might be aware that this was an error I made a few seasons back). 

4c952d8dd6d7ffa1cdd5f16bc0d909b5.png

(36b) Dec Dixon (IRL) (Det) * is a right winger, but for the time-being I think he is going to have to play up front. We have better options on the right flank and he will get games up front. 

17f3019839a5dfd03ab2b4e8ed5c87b4.png

(34n) Jon Botterill (Pro) looks a little raw, but I have already used him from the bench this season, (and he has scored in the league). He possibly looks better than much of a bad bunch at the moment and he even has a decent personality. It's just that his PA looks rubbish. What's the point in playing him though if his PA is rubbish?

1a53643e073255c843894588b3198be9.png

(32c) Declan Barry (IRL) * started the season as 3rd choice, is now a starter, and next season will be the main man. He looks ok but the ball doesn't end up in the back of the net enough with just 3 goals from 16(3) appearances this season. He scored 9 in 21(6) last season but just hasn't pushed on. He has recently dropped from 5.0 PA to a certain 4.5 PA, (which is still decent), but looking at his development I wander if he has poor hidden attributes. He's going to start every game next season when he's fit to see what we can eke out of him. 

8103dd7463432ae46c2dfcae5a05311a.png

(29m) Robbie Nash (F.Pro) is going to play a lot of games next season and has been kept around for just this eventuality. Next season will be his 10th full season at the club and he has done really well for us in the past, but I think Conference North is too much for him now never mind about Conference National. Either way, he will surely get lots of opportunities to add to his 114 league goals. 

7df03c706f9fdec9fb289b197c8ee1a9.png

87755c4089c9c1c06d4c7007a1a3a2b9.png

(38c) McCormack (IRL) (Bal) * was my pick of this season's intake, but he looks more like a playmaker to me. We don't need a playmaker, we need a striker, so that's where he will play. 

07a434989cf639d0bcf6e2058c64d99b.png

(37a) Jason Walter (F.Amb) * is the last one that seems worth mentioning. He's obviously a right winger, but I've mentioned already that I have 3 decent option there so if this bloke is going to get games then it's probably going to be up front, where he has been playing for the U18's this season. He's actually scored 37 goals in 31(4) non-competitive appearances so he has something there. I know his finishing and composure is poor, but I am starting to think I can do something with him. I need to make use of these 5.0 PA players and striker is where I have a gap in the squad for early appearances. 

9561c35810022a79b40f6ed3b764ec99.png

Posted (edited)

I love this competition. Mar 2038

I know it doesn't mean anything, but I absolutely love it and use it as quite a decent gauge as to how we are developing. As we develop I hope to make the better youngsters, (that are in the senior squad), available for these Cup games, but at the moment they are having to make do with the lesser players while I nick the most able for the senior squad.

There is no disgrace to shipping 3 goals at Southampton who have made the final 5 times during this save, (winning once). 

3ade3f5f95f09bf3c1258941b436f2b6.png

1db89c1b2ec58ff3826bdd1554b742b5.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971
Posted (edited)

How would I describe this save? 

• Youth Only in England from 10th Tier.
  • GK's score lots of goals.
  • We set ill-discipline records.
  • Nationality tracker. 
  • We score, (and concede), lots of goals. 

Is that just about it? :lol:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Big Transfer. Mar 2038

How much do we get from this deal? 

9a8fd415a4e20e0bcd4487520aae730c.png

fc1b40d59be2c074359ba85c47f22156.png

5690463664816f59da749937b6d103f1.png

4b6db4c579dfe8fe5035d2e96ba4e713.png

We got £23k cash for him so we must have a sell-on clause for him somewhere......? 

Even 5% of £4.9M is £245k

Even 1% of £4.9M is £49k. 1% will do. I'm not greedy!

Nope. We get absolutely nothing because my Chairman decided that £23k in his pocket 3 years ago was better than a sell-on clause later down the line. 

Idiot! :mad:

This was 1 of the 2 transfers that almost broke my spirit. :lol:

Looking for strikers. Mar 2038.

After that recent post I've realised that we have a few options to play up front, but they are not really of the quality that we have had in recent season, (but then again I think we have been a little spoilt in recent seasons). I'm ignoring the transfer market because (a) we don't have any money and (b) we can only re-sign products of our Academy, but actually maybe I'm missing something here. 

If I look at my shortlist, (products of our Academy), and filter it to show just strikers, this is what we've got. There are 14 options. 

8f518933cd32bcc108f93b608ceafb8f.png
459dc2b7215d61c3129bbcaa15c1de0b.png

We can ignore the top 6 players because they are all too good for us, (well (32e) Big Craig (F.Det) 6'6" * is in our league and his team will finish below us this season, but we still can't afford to sign him), but the bottom 8 players are worth a look and the player that catches my eye immediately is free agent (26a) McDonald who has scored 98 career goals.

(26a) McDonald is a little bit raw, but he scores 20 league goals in Conference North last season and the reason he probably looks like this is that he hasn't played all season. I think this bloke might be able to do a job for us!

b03f17122da598fad36e800c6c6c391b.png

442a85b559859b09ff1147f1c8cee2b7.png

(28f) Adam Jenkins might be a little slow, but he would walk into our team at the moment. He's only scored 2 goals from 1(6) appearances this season, (and he's never been prolific), but that's in League 1. I'm sure he would score goals for us. His contract is expiring at the end of the season and if he is a free agent I might be able to get a deal done, (although there is no way that I can afford the £1,500 pw that he's currently on).

5ff8745ab213a6c0308f0e2ee3deb342.png

5d5741e98e65549c426fe08046dff856.png

(30e) Calum Bird (WAL) has played most of his career in midfield, but I quite like his athletic ability. I'm prepared to bring him in, but not on £425 pw. 

e07e4d32bd5d7d8bc6e800aae577ac4c.png

aaee57f2368083fd6d10804bc6407ff7.png

(33g) Liam Warren (NIR) Merc is another option, but I think we have better options than him available. 

ab2668c12e5d7a77f2a699a0b83bb56b.png

(27a) Haynes. * is a not very good TM option. I re-signed him a few seasons ago just for a few games, but although he did ok, (3 goals and 2 assists in 6(2) appearances), I realised that he was playing ahead of youngsters with better PA so off-loaded him. I think that's reason enough not to sign him again. 

f7e7c124ee557324814f6c51f206ee65.png

18 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

4th fine. Mar 2038.

We've had to pay a fair few quid in fines during my tenure. :lol:

8e7c580443c4bdb7416c232e89c6a865.png

I bet more than you might have got from a few 50% transfer fees too ;)

Fitness issues. Apr 2038

Part of me is glad he's going, because I have never worked out what I'm doing wrong here at all. 

6d9749c7683db4723b794dd72d7ae47b.png

He's had regular games off all the way through the season. 

246fd881c82d5f4ad856cc4c693ffba4.png
71259751b89645ba4fc3ece587e7c167.png

fba7d6c3d407ad5f8537cae34bdcac3f.png

15bb966dca88c67dd1350bf4276286f5.png

c6f9a3e49a9469801c594e9ab5c554ec.png

This is the only player I've had this problem with in this save, and I've never had it to this extent in another save before either. 

b97f77d41179d8fe40d9347a11fe4197.png

The training intensity auto-changes dependant on the player condition, (and it's the same for all players). The lower the player condition, the lower the training intensity. This is what I've used since it was introduced. 

b542724df27a99623a811de79af3eddc.png

I've sort of convinced myself that it must be something related to his loan status. I don't often loan players in and it's the only thing I can think of. When you think about it, that sort of makes sense, (if he was at a Pro club but on loan at a Sem-Pro club), then it's likely he would train at the Pro club on the days when there was no training at the Semi-Pro club. The only problem with that though process, (and it makes sense to me), is that this was happening before I sold him and he was on loan. 

Has anyone seen anything like this before?:kriss:

16 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I bet more than you might have got from a few 50% transfer fees too ;)

You wait until I get that 1st big 50% cheque. 

I'll be whacking it on the Chairman's desk and telling him to take a couple of decades worth of fines out of that! :lol:

Junior is still a child and he’s played a lot of senior games with no proper pre-season. Obviously FM is just a game but in those circumstances in real life it wouldn’t be surprising if he was perma-knackered.

1 minute ago, Fosse said:

Junior is still a child and he’s played a lot of senior games with no proper pre-season. Obviously FM is just a game but in those circumstances in real life it wouldn’t be surprising if he was perma-knackered.

Yeah. I think it must be the lack of the pre-season that is making the difference. It's the only thing that sets him apart from other players. 

Absolutely no control. Apr 2038

I'm doing other stuff at the moment and playing really slowly, but these are all happening in consecutive games I think. 

bd9345bd2cd730c86d59bf02090a392e.png

2nd Mar. 5 yellows. 
7th Mar. 2 yellows.
17th Mar. 4 yellows. 
20th Mar. 4 yellows.
23rd Mar. 6 yellows.
27th Mar. 1 yellow. 
30th Mar. 7 yellows & 1 red.
3rd Apr. 3 yellows.
10th Apr. 6 yellows
22nd Apr. 6 yellows.
27th Apr. 4 yellows. (Last game of the season).

Feb, Mar & Apr 2038.

Conference National. We finished really strongly, but not just now, all the way through my career here we seem to have really spread goals out throughout the team. I know that I am probably taking 10+ goals off my main striker each season, but I just love my GK's scoring. The 3 losses in March were each by a single goal and I really think we are close to being a decent team. Of course we will feel the loss of (37b) Júnior (POR) F.Det * next season, but our depth is really improving now to the extent where I think we will fine next season if I can just find a solution to our striking problems. 

6fe05a18ef57619141bf4c659b887df6.png

e9cc3e3db637006ebff8a02eecc06370.png

Cup games

f3378f03709bfbd73a17aa559afe9709.png

Start playing GK's as Strikers. WIll give them a lot more goals :D 

Anyway how about loan back instead of transfer back ? 

Houston, we have a problem. May 2038

They are very disappointed that we have done what? 

7ff02475f9905b9ad8ec6c9c6555d364.png

Repair the damage is something they have to do remember. I just have to stay within budgets, (which they have increased from £3,900 pw to £4,500 pw by the way. 

Uh ok. This looks serious. :eek:

0e8cf999986f9a3c4ff2ba2a6f328871.png

I guess I had better attend then. 

is this me going to get sacked for them either not doing their job or doing it too well? :idiot: