[FM20] Irchester Utd. Tier 10. England. Home. Youth Only.

Jimbokav1971

2 goals against his former employers. Dec 2036

(26a) McDonald scored against us last month, but (27c) Dent-Carpenter 6'2" scored not 1 but 2 goals as we drew 4-4 with Boreham Wood in the FA Trophy.

We showed well late in the game again as we were 4-0 down after 52 minutes and seemingly crashing out, only to score 4 unanswered goals in the last 30 mins. This was our rotated squad and I would have been happy to lose because we are completely concentrating on promotion this season. A replay is not ideal at all. 

f7bbbe0d2f4a84500a1763bb3ebcd059.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

1st failure to control players. Sep 2036

51f95ebea648a8b9778349b147053b76.png

Still failing to control players. Dec 2036

I have a feeling that this fine should have been for £1,000 as it was the 2nd time it's happened this season. 

We lost this game because 1 of the 7 yellows was a 2nd red and it happened with half an hour still to play. 

2fb6a5ef85f5f1197f85173d27900b34.png

19 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Compensation Question. Jun 2036

£5,000 cash, 15% of re-sale profit. Now while that's not good, (and I hate that it's profit rather than full value), it's better than I'm getting at the moment. 

I think this is the way forward and we have to be prepared to lose players more regularly just to ensure a steady cash flow. Does anyone have any thoughts? 

I know that for a club who don't have huge amounts of cash it becomes a bigger deal, but if they are buying your player for £5000, then you are only losing £750 with it being a profit clause and not a full value clause.

Ideally the percentage would be higher, but I assume it is fixed due to the type of move

2 hours ago, scousevasey said:

I know that for a club who don't have huge amounts of cash it becomes a bigger deal, but if they are buying your player for £5000, then you are only losing £750 with it being a profit clause and not a full value clause.

Ideally the percentage would be higher, but I assume it is fixed due to the type of move

One of us is getting confused, (but it might be me). 

They are buying the player for an auto-fee of £5,000, That;s neither here nor there and as far as I'm concerned it might as well be £0. 

When I was talking about the difference between re-sale fee and re-sale profit, that's not based on £5,000 because that's not the re-sale value. That's the sale value. 

If this player, (I can't remember who it was now), gets sold from where he is now to someone else for £100,000 at some point in the future, then ....... ahhhhh. Yes. I see what you are saying now. The difference between the profit margin and the full sell-on fee is small because they bought him for just £5,000. 

Good spot. :thup:

3 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Still failing to control players. Dec 2036

I have a feeling that this fine should have been for £1,000 as it was the 2nd time it's happened this season. 

We lost this game because 1 of the 7 yellows was a 2nd red and it happened with half an hour still to play. 

2fb6a5ef85f5f1197f85173d27900b34.png

FM can't count. Jan 2037

It's not the 2nd time, it's the 3rd time. 

6 yellows wasn't a problem, but the straight red that we were shown in the 43rd min was too much to overcome and we lost 3-2. 

8fa0b48049e0fd6c55f5548eb7201c62.png

42 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

One of us is getting confused, (but it might be me). 

They are buying the player for an auto-fee of £5,000, That;s neither here nor there and as far as I'm concerned it might as well be £0. 

When I was talking about the difference between re-sale fee and re-sale profit, that's not based on £5,000 because that's not the re-sale value. That's the sale value. 

If this player, (I can't remember who it was now), gets sold from where he is now to someone else for £100,000 at some point in the future, then ....... ahhhhh. Yes. I see what you are saying now. The difference between the profit margin and the full sell-on fee is small because they bought him for just £5,000. 

Good spot. :thup:

Probably one where I knew what I meant so it was obvious to me, but not to someone else.

Glad it makes sense now

Transfer. Jan 2037

I had a plan that I was going to keep players on Youth contracts for a little longer to ensure that we got at least a 15% profit sell on clause when they left. It's not worth doing for the average players, but for the better players it seems like a better idea than risk the board accepting a £20k bod for them and we getting nothing else. 

I actually tried to renew his contract, (because he was on fire and I didn't want to lose him, but he wanted £1,200 pw and we can't get anywhere near that at the moment. 

24 league goals before the end of the Jan transfer window is pretty special, and I obviously didn't want to lose him, but I couldn't get him on a Semi-Pro deal so at least we get the 15% re-sale profit at some point in the future. He has gone to Northampton in League 1 as a starter aged 18, and I don't think it unreasonable to expect him to move for £1M in a couple of years. A £1M sale gets us £150,000 and while that's not big money, I need to just ensure that it keeps rolling in. 

d38974277822a4b91db467c898104c10.png

021550f1b0dfe85f3afe75a3b76b07d5.png

13849c6f83924cf55d4ff8fdfa197aa7.png

i think you should have sold cooke for the 122K, there is no guarantee they will sell him for 250K which is a lot of a league 2 club. 1 bad  season and he becomes worthless.

Also the money would reduce your overdraft which would reduce the interest which is the real killer for your finances at the moment. In your position i would  cash in on all clauses to get that balance improved.

2 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

i think you should have sold cooke for the 122K, there is no guarantee they will sell him for 250K which is a lot of a league 2 club. 1 bad  season and he becomes worthless.

Also the money would reduce your overdraft which would reduce the interest which is the real killer for your finances at the moment. In your position i would  cash in on all clauses to get that balance improved.

You could be right. 

There is no exact science. I don't "know" what's going to happen. I just look at it and it seems more likely that he will go up than down. Woking aren't going to get relegated and they signed (32e) Big Craig (F.Det) 6'6" * too so there are 2 players there we have an interest in. They are 13th in League so comfortably mid-table. 

They sold a player to a Conference club this season for £165k
Last year Everton nicked a youth contract of them for £66k

Before that they were in the Conference. 

I guess I'm gambling that these 2 players will continue to improve but of course it's quite possible they are already at or near their ceiling. 

The same clause now is only worth £83,800, (so it has already depreciated to the tune of approx £40k, (so perhaps you are right). 

8 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Youth Intake preview. Dec 2036

I was really looking for a centre-back and a centre-mid, so a SC, and an AMC isn't great, but as long as they are decent I won't complain. 

@deez0rwill again be jealous that it's another Golden Generation, but from what I've seen he's producing better players. They just don't look as good because the squad they are being compared against is of a better quality. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it). 

4490144c9a83dca9a96d7c5ef3c1d913.png

Youth Intake day. Mar 2037

It was labelled a Golden Generation in advance, and I actually think it's decent, (although not for the Nationalities unfortunately). :(

I wanted a centre-half and a centre-mid. 

5cab98b9553b58fb3ab9e0dd40ac2954.png

Squad by PPA. The PA looks decent, with 3x 5.0 players, but what has caught my eye is the 4.0 CA player and the 3.0 CA player. I'm excited and a quick look to the right tells me that they are not rubbish personalities. 

32e01a9a386c72ef059f882bc7a2d83c.png

Nations already represented in previous intakes. 

2d92a109dbfedd42f82aa42e9e976369.png
13fb3ea4dfb63c7d868761344182eae0.pngebb8f91f09c7f6993677304719210547.png

New Nations represented in this intake. No new intakes this year. :(

(37b) Júnior (POR)(BRA) F.Det is a proper DLP and he's the 1st that we have had in this save. I've been shoe-horning players into that position all the way though this save. He's actually REALLY good. Passing, First Touch, Technique, Decisions & Vision. Physicals aren't great, but then again they don't need to be. Oooh!..... Just seen the PPM's too. This is really nice. :applause:

9dcd566b5db35e44ba2005b6bde3e52d.png

(37c) Ally Komba (TAN) looks brilliant. He can walk straight into our starting line-up, but I don't like any of the PPM's with him. His mentals look really good for a 16 year old. In keeping with the save I should get rid of the "doesn't dive into tackles" PPM, but I don't think he will be here long so it might not matter. 

cc0b8715cabd06c93002a0ed1940cfad.png

Last season we signed (36a) Sani (NGA) (L.Heart) * to a Semi-Pro contract and we were able to get a 50% clause on him. The above 2 are both 16 though and if I get them to sign a pre-contract then nobody will be able to come in for them until Aug & May respectively. By doing that though I risk someone offering us £20k and the board accepting it again. 

17 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Youth Intake preview. Dec 2036

I was really looking for a centre-back and a centre-mid, so a SC, and an AMC isn't great, but as long as they are decent I won't complain. 

@deez0rwill again be jealous that it's another Golden Generation, but from what I've seen he's producing better players. They just don't look as good because the squad they are being compared against is of a better quality. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it). 

4490144c9a83dca9a96d7c5ef3c1d913.png

I have my one superstar currently :). I hope you keep getting them as it will only help you rise up :)

9 hours ago, rrozek93 said:

Very Nice Intake yet again!

:applause:

It is, but if I'm honest I would have preferred someone with a little less CA to start off with. They are almost too good if that makes sense. I would love them if we were a pro club, but while we are semi-pro they are just going to leave straight away I think. :(

The other thing that has been on my mind for a while now is why isn't anyone poaching my payers while they are still at the Academy?  

1 hour ago, deez0r said:

I have my one superstar currently :). I hope you keep getting them as it will only help you rise up :)

As I've just mentioned I think they are too good to impact much on the playing side of things. They are just going to leave very quickly and I'm not quite sure how to ensure that I get the best deal for them. 

13 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

(37c) Ally Komba (TAN) looks brilliant. He can walk straight into our starting line-up, but I don't like any of the PPM's with him. His mentals look really good for a 16 year old. In keeping with the save I should get rid of the "doesn't dive into tackles" PPM, but I don't think he will be here long so it might not matter. 

I know it's relative and I'd say 8 for a VLN side isn't a bad rating for Finishing (especially when Composure and Technique are both 15) but with those two and First Touch (15) and Passing (14) - I'd say that you've got your DLP in Junior and your AP in Komba!

Then again, I know how youth only saves work and if you need him up top - then that's where he needs to go!

12 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I know it's relative and I'd say 8 for a VLN side isn't a bad rating for Finishing (especially when Composure and Technique are both 15) but with those two and First Touch (15) and Passing (14) - I'd say that you've got your DLP in Junior and your AP in Komba!

Then again, I know how youth only saves work and if you need him up top - then that's where he needs to go!

That's really interesting. 

You know I hadn't even noticed that he could play elsewhere, such was the desire/need to replace the gap left by (35a) Liriano (NED)(DOM)Pro *, (who I should add has already scored his 1st League 1 goal for Northampton). I will also admit that I quite like players moving to Northampton because they are the biggest club in the area, (although Peterborough also play in League 1). 

I would love to become an affiliate of 1 of these clubs but it just isn't happening at the moment. 

Northampton Town have a parent link with Newcastle and a junior link with Brackley Town who are in Conference North with us. 

Peterborough have a link with Boston Utd in Conference National. 

Maybe it will be easier to find a link if we could get promoted. 

[Edit]

Sorry @_Ben_went off on a tangent there. Yeah I can see he could easily play a playmaker role. I think at the moment we are just short of goals in the side. I might have a look at some of the more fringe strikers who are physical but not very technical and see how I might swap things around a little. I'm looking at (37c) Komba (TAN) * now and wondering if he could be the answer to our problems on the left in a WPM role. 

He scored 4 goals in his 2nd game, but hasn't scored any more, but it's ridiculously early to be judging him. Maybe I need to rotate things around a little?

Edited by Jimbokav1971

15 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Youth Intake day. Mar 2037

It was labelled a Golden Generation in advance, and I actually think it's decent, (although not for the Nationalities unfortunately). :(

I wanted a centre-half and a centre-mid. 

5cab98b9553b58fb3ab9e0dd40ac2954.png

Squad by PPA. The PA looks decent, with 3x 5.0 players, but what has caught my eye is the 4.0 CA player and the 3.0 CA player. I'm excited and a quick look to the right tells me that they are not rubbish personalities. 

32e01a9a386c72ef059f882bc7a2d83c.png

Nations already represented in previous intakes. 

2d92a109dbfedd42f82aa42e9e976369.png
13fb3ea4dfb63c7d868761344182eae0.pngebb8f91f09c7f6993677304719210547.png

New Nations represented in this intake. No new intakes this year. :(

(37b) Júnior (POR)(BRA) F.Det is a proper DLP and he's the 1st that we have had in this save. I've been shoe-horning players into that position all the way though this save. He's actually REALLY good. Passing, First Touch, Technique, Decisions & Vision. Physicals aren't great, but then again they don't need to be. Oooh!..... Just seen the PPM's too. This is really nice. :applause:

9dcd566b5db35e44ba2005b6bde3e52d.png

cc0b8715cabd06c93002a0ed1940cfad.png

Last season we signed (36a) Sani (NGA) (L.Heart) * to a Semi-Pro contract and we were able to get a 50% clause on him. The above 2 are both 16 though and if I get them to sign a pre-contract then nobody will be able to come in for them until Aug & May respectively. By doing that though I risk someone offering us £20k and the board accepting it again. 

2 absolute ballers there for your level!

1 minute ago, deez0r said:

2 absolute ballers there for your level!

They are. I'm hoping that we might be able to keep them for a little longer after recent events.

The truth though is that the really big players for us are likely to be players who start off with less CA and develop into 1st team players gradually. 

Decisions, decisions. May 2037

I'm torn here as to what to do. 

While the player remains on a youth contract, we are at least entitled to 15% profit on any future deal and a minimal initial fee. If I offer him a semi-pro contract, then if someone makes a bid of £20k and no add-ons, the club might accept it and we get no future fee. 

There is nobody interested right now so I'm thinking I should maybe offer him a contract, but after losing players like this I'm nervous. 

bc04c9e93d842cc1787562c479b49b37.png

32 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Decisions, decisions. May 2037

I'm torn here as to what to do. 

While the player remains on a youth contract, we are at least entitled to 15% profit on any future deal and a minimal initial fee. If I offer him a semi-pro contract, then if someone makes a bid of £20k and no add-ons, the club might accept it and we get no future fee. 

There is nobody interested right now so I'm thinking I should maybe offer him a contract, but after losing players like this I'm nervous. 

bc04c9e93d842cc1787562c479b49b37.png

I can't remember--have you had any success offering your players out for free with a 50% of next sale/profit clause once the board accepts an offer over your head?

Season Summary. Apr 2037

8c1e48f35982352a81bd02c400575d93.png

d2d366e080c4fd93c521d5c35f48ce79.png

Conference North. We started off on fire and lost only 1 of our opening 22 games, winning the 1st 8 games and 13 out of the opening 14 games. We tailed off in Feb a bit and I was starting to get worried, but then we kicked on again over the run-in with the help of our new batch of youngsters. 

46c0cd275ab81ce1589c8a3476c28da8.png
f8c879943383a2967067ae2e6312a94c.png
688a5b69f7dce9ed5a719513e0e7f763.png

Final League Table

f80b82802702791e4b6ae063ce9b46df.png

This season's success was an enormous surprise to me based on how I was felling during close-season last season, but I have thought about it and looked pretty hard for the reasons and it's pretty simple. While losing big players is a blow, it's just something I'm going to have to accept because even if I continue to do well and get more promotions, it's something that is going to continue and possibly even increase. Something that I touched on at the beginning of this season, (the post about my 5 right-backs), is what is the key contributing factor in our development and success this season. It's not about our best player in any position, because the chances are they are going to leave. What is of vital importance is that we keep improving the fringe players, (who are likely to be around longer), because it's these players that we will have to rely on when the others are gone. Forget about us scoring 125 goals because that's not what won us the league, (well it is but just hang on a minute). What won us the league is that even when we lost a player who was scoring better than a goal a game, we continued scoring like that, (or almost like that), after he left, so while he might have been the one finishing the chances, there were players at the club and who have been at the club for a few seasons now, who have slowly developed and gone under the radar of other clubs. 

(31c) Zakim Back * is a player who wants to be a striker. Every time we discuss a new contract he asks for assurances that he will be played up front as a DLF and every season I tell him no. He has been playing as my DLP ever since a Eureka moment a few years ago when I realised the error of my ways. He's 23 now and this is his 6th full season at the club and I don't think I have shown him to you before and rarely mentioned him because he's not a star.

7d906f5082ea178c9fbb35ce8bba1aa5.png

1848c6f850ca7e73a84a6f1a17019654.png

(29e) Neil Morrow (NIR) Res is a 24 year old centre-half in his 8th full season with the club. He's been immense. 

7bab45501e49be66e4eb4f1cb75eaeea.png

29bf928b2a65d382d57fca48e85cc204.png

(28i) Milos Jirasek (CZE) has spent 6 seasons with us after 3 season at Grimsby.

9c166831fd5b2ba011ce45f1c50a982c.png

b48b5106fed673a6a6da4f572f7dd740.png

(27i) Steph Lewis (WAL) (NIR) is a 26 year old midfielder who has now been with us for 10 seasons. 

e2a7e642ff854f5baf94b7e769959fd0.png

2f18c7357ff4349c42143abee60b5f59.png

None of these players are going to be sold for big money and go on to play at a higher level, but that's where the improvement has been. Within the fringe players like these and the players that fill the gaps when the stars are rested, injured or sold. 

FA Cup. My plan at the start of the season was to just go with the flow in the league and really focus on both the Cup competitions, but when we started the league in such good form I decided to change things around and focus on the league. As a result we crashed out early in both Cups. 

f4726f053b8a6c608feddcbe658e6d79.png

FA Trophy

20318f4ee6dd30b25318c13d4c5bdc4d.png

Goal-scoring keepers. 6 goals and 3 assists is a pretty meagre return if I'm honest. 

8396b45b9542b72bca41eb14dc81a399.png

Overall Best XI

63d09a4477e4238595060959468faa07.png

Awards.

0711f8e58bfd4f183c983455677ef507.png046c93c686e4a859f3e390d253e0cdee.png064861d5c77bf589845b14b2e6882f0a.png

Squad by Appearances

858adeb6bef904fa08bfcc63f2e2c033.png

Discipline

e27b802e84f44ccd64e10cf3f4582873.png

84744de15708de8b4203761f9869407d.png

20170ae12ec460b1ca9f16ac0635442e.png

e6ec0b85c7cb1b280cde5f1c451927c4.png

Finances

b21225d7a4da0923e50cc37bd452511b.png

Facilities

02b948780f5a34b9622659b7fc51bb13.png

3096d817fc9be629be7a1402574987a4.png

Transfers

85ed354828be541b170e4ba8a744e4b2.png

We lost 3 big players to transfers this season, and another who left on a free, but we just have to accept this while we are at this level. 

Tracker

759c1b05815861874ff802c9927278fe.png

Records

3ec0fead524dbbf99bea37104ad6fd9a.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

10 minutes ago, Tajerio said:

I can't remember--have you had any success offering your players out for free with a 50% of next sale/profit clause once the board accepts an offer over your head?

No. I've tried that but it didn't work in this save, although it has done previously elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

No. I've tried that but it didn't work in this save, although it has done previously elsewhere. 

Shame. You're right though--it is all about the pipeline, and making sure there's a next man up. Hopefully you'll get a more accelerated level of development as your squad play at a higher level next year, thanks to the promotion.

29 minutes ago, Tajerio said:

Shame. You're right though--it is all about the pipeline, and making sure there's a next man up. Hopefully you'll get a more accelerated level of development as your squad play at a higher level next year, thanks to the promotion.

I think there are a few things to consider here. 

1. We will be playing at a higher level. 

2. Either next season, (or at the level above), we will start playing competitive fixtures at both U19 and U23 level and that will have an impact too. 

3. I'm hoping that in the Conference National, more players are going to be willing to return to us too. We've produced quite a few players playing at this level and higher. Not being able to re-sign players has significantly limited us. By letting players go and allowing them to improve and then bringing them back in later in their career we will be in a much stronger position. 

We obviously have the 2 stars playing abroad. 

(30a) James (DMA) * scored 20+ goals a season for the 2nd successive season, and has also become an England regular. 

ee647ba1be1fad953bdf5cc9552cc40b.png

(31a) Liam Watts (FIN) * is more of a fringe player at Sevilla, scoring 8 goals from 4(15) appearances, but is performing well for Finland

6e6735897e55273a60ca94e77ed93b47.png

0909b0c1bfdb2e99bef8ec30f40af60a.png

(34a) Nieminen (FIN) (Driven)* might be top of the English based pile and valued at £3.5M, but he had a pretty poor season and contributed significantly to Wigan getting relegated from the Championship by only scoring 4 goals from 20(13) appearances. There is nobody interested in him now, but the drop in level might actually help him as I would expect him to fill his boots in League 1. 

c3c73566b4a3ced481fc811e9d3764ae.png

(29g) Jedd Ridout * was in League 2 last season but is available on a free, (although has 1 year remaining on his contract). If I could get Wycombe to pay some of his wages I might be willing to take him off their hands. 

a3ec323a3d74170736e2780734cb976c.png

(31h) Brett Byard (Res) is another right back that I can't even remember. He's playing in League 2 and is the 3rd of our Academy products at Woking. He would walk into our starting line-up. He's earning £3k per week though which is WAY more than we can afford, but the thing is he never played for us and I don't even remember him. I've missed quite a few decent players I think. 

cfc590a0807328881bd01143ee3c52b6.png

(26a) McDonald scored 20 goals in Conference North last season for Grimsby, (who lost in the Playoff Final). He's the sort of player that I would like to get in to offer some depth. 

c99efb23c685fc271bf8df236a636db0.png

5e286ea57288a11a9fde558efa666b2e.png
aefc4585f3c51edc10b01b2746061742.png

Under the radar. Jun 2037

I know that there is no guarantee that an (a) player is going to be better than a (p) player when it comes to Youth intakes, but despite that, there is a certain fondness that I have in my heart for (a) players. Unlike parents who say you can't have favourite children, and (a) player is always special to me, (even if he turns out to be rubbish). 

05231a955b39a87a180643d6b648a186.png

The intake happened in mid March and it's now mid Jun and (37a) Jason Walter (F.Amb) is currently listed as ranked #2 in terms of PA at the club, (behind (34c) Guy Bacon (Driven) * who scored 31 league goals for us last season). So although there is no guarantees, the staff have had a few months to look at him and their opinion is still that he's a 5.0 PA player. 

The reason I didn't show him to you on intake day is because he doesn't look particularly great, (and the other 2 did). 

1dfc0b69d909c29de25cb8c77930f87c.png

Like I said, he doesn't look all that. But this is exactly the sort of player I need to invest time and resources into, (and ideally some game-time too), because while the other 2 look brilliant now, it's pretty unlikely that they will be with us at the end of the season. This bloke could be with us for a while. Obviously I will be signing him to a 2 year PT contract and will see how he develops. 

I've just noticed that there were 2 players with the surname Walter that came through the intake last season, (I didn't notice before), but unfortunately they don't seem to be related. Has anyone seen Newgen brothers in FM20? 

This is starting to work. Jun 2037

When I've been offering players out, I've really been making it up as I go along. All I really care about is the 50% of next sale clause, and on some players I also care about the loan back clause, but that's not a deal-breaker and if they have to go then they have to go. 

I've generally been putting in the following to start. 

£10k fee. 
£10k in 12 monthly instalments over 3 years. 
£10k after 50 league games. 
£1k per league game for 50 league games.
£10k after 1 International appearance. 
Loan back length 12 months. 
50% of next sale. 
Arrange friendly. 

I usually make the bottom 3 non-negotiable when the player has at least 1 year on his contract, but when it is less then I don't insist on the loan. 

So far nobody has agreed to a loan back, (actually someone did, but then the player refused the deal I think), and nobody has agreed the £1k per game for 50 league games, (because that's £50k and that's a lot of money). 

I forgot to put the clause in for the International, (because he's Portugese rather than from a little Nation), but when I noticed that there were 24 teams interested I thought I would see who they were. 

5861c14e8c0cf4307f871d1c4114fd96.png

There are some Premier League and even some Championship sides here, but the 2 that jump out at me are FC Porto and SL Benfica:eek:

I don't want him to go to 1 of the Portugese giants right now because they might keep him for a few years and while they might develop him amazingly well, we are unlikely to see him move anytime soon. If he goes to Bristol City, (and remember we get him back in on loan for the rest of the season), then the big Portugese clubs might come in and pay a decent fee for him next season. 

OMG I've just noticed that Bristol City are in the Premier League, (although they are being relegated). This is getting very exciting. :D

868f705a8f780c6fe2af6f330689b1d2.png

Add-ons. Aug 2037.

1 of the add-ons for the (37b) Júnior (POR) F.Det * deal to Bristol City was a friendly. (Remember that they have just been relegated from the Premier League). 

c092788945e505e483947e9595610ed5.png

I don't care that we beat them, but I do care that 2,670 people turned up to watch. 

2,670 x £13 per ticket = £34,710. Kerrrchingggg! :lol:

4 minutes ago, rrozek93 said:

That's a great deal !  still getting 50% and keeping him for whole next season.

I think it is. You never know, I might have been able to get much more for him up front if I had got rid of the deal, but the reality is I don't really know how good he's going to be. 5.0 PA for me might not be great, but the fact that those clubs were in for him suggests that he's at least going to be decent. I did know that there was a distinct lack of top 6 clubs interested though so he probably won't be another (30a) James (DMA) *, but then again he spent a year in the Conference with Sutton before Burnley bought him and then he stayed with Burnley for 4 full seasons before PSG bought him.

On 26/07/2020 at 11:23, Jimbokav1971 said:

Deals for sell-on clauses. Nov 2036

Something that I have spent a bit of time on in other threads is my DoF doing deals for clubs we have sold to offering to buy us out of any sell-on clauses. There isn't always a deal on the table for every clause that exists, and it is often renegotiated over time.

We have 8 clauses for 4 players owed to us at this time.

The DoF has done a deal for clauses for 2 of these players and that's why they have a "£" on the right hand side.

dfbd14381698fed7d80f58f7478cdc86.png

(33b) Dean Cooke (Pro) * has a 50% sell-on clause and our board have negotiated with the Working board so that if we were to relinquish our claim on this future fee, they would be willing to pay is £122,000 cash immediately. That's a LOT of money for a Conference North side. 

e56f3ddb9e6987551d8e7ed76f8b33ed.png

Before we agree to sell the clause, we have to look at the player and decide if it's a good idea, or if possibly this player might make us more money in the future when and if he is sold. 

• He's 20 years old so you would expect him to still be improving (and his value rising). :thup:
  • He's a regular starter. :thup:
  • He's got 2.5 years left on his contract. :thup:
  • He's playing in League 2. :thup:
  • Woking are 17th in League 2. :thdn:
  • He's not wanted by anyone else. :thdn:
  • It's hard to judge his potential because his CA is already 5.0 so of course his PA is 5.0 but the report says that he could play in League 1, (which might encourage a sale). :thup:

0fa97af3d6ab4b74a2a6f0e130c26ba9.png

f5c42735ab9440bcf66c72916b146ff4.png

64d69628a9195697185f5bc1f4a79023.png

I think that while £122,000 is a lot of money for us, it's just going to be swallowed up by the overdraft anyway and I think it likely that we will get a bigger fee by either renegotiating this deal at a later date or by waiting until he actually moves again. I think that while the money is good, we shouldn't cash in now. I think we will be able to get more out of it. 

On 26/07/2020 at 20:23, Thebaker said:

Update on (33b) Dean Cooke (Pro) *. Jul 2037

It would seem that @Thebakerwas spot on and I should have accepted the £122,000 on offer. :(

We've effectively lost approx £110k by not selling the clause. :(

05aa7bf6751c6ef5c86d234b97e5d844.png

dd4ef087f4b4b5cce45880ea16b4bf4f.png

570bcc452093dadbb58403d0609acc81.png

36349c91887967aee824c914ef7c3bb8.png

Now is probably a good time to see what clauses we have available now. 

We only have 1 clause that we can sell at the moment. 

05dca407d95b693e5e8d38355a8caf90.png

3df0f2a32f41755b7bab0ef8fce639a0.png

7f030366fdbb49ea694610f9ecee6e8d.png

9387ef5181d4db7c51df1e9cf94beae3.png

ae4a08d1a59f43199c630d2dda874e1b.png

(35a) Liriano (NED)(DOM)Pro * has the potential to be a Premier League player, but we don't have a 50% clause on him. We only have a 15% profit clause on him. The deal on the table is £180,000 so I've got to work out how much he would have to go for, in order for us to earn £180,000 out of the deal.

£180,000 / 15 = £12,000 x 100 = £1.2M

So he would have to be bought by someone for £1.2M to generate the same fee for us. 

Northampton have just been relegated from League 1 to League 2 and I don't think that's very likely, (and I'm also peeved about missing out on the £110,000 for (33b) Dean Cooke (Pro) * so I think I'm going to accept this deal. I'm hoping that @Thebakerthinks that I have made the right decision here because I can't afford to keep getting these wrong. 

b6541994fcb1dbbe32847dadb88bce0c.png

11 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Very well done Jimbo.

Uttoxeter have come on a long way, and looking at their wage spend you posted they must have a tycoon or consortium in control.

Very good spot @Nobby_McDonald:applause:

311be5b66990da2faa42627859a44aa6.png

Tycoon Chairman took over in 2020. 

It took them a while to get out of Midland League Division One, but they racked up 4 promotions now and finished 8th in their 1st Season in Conference North. 

2de5b730a0b72aeeef87538e41d2263f.png

Interestingly they seem to be following the Brentford model and don't have a youth intake and obviously no Junior Coaching or Youth Recruitment. 

c13bd7a111bff198ab8c1ffc16d7873b.png

3 hours ago, rrozek93 said:

I think that's a good step and 180k is significant chunk of money for the club atm. Please show finances at the end of transfer window :) 

The Transfer window is a little difference in the Conference.

4bcaf1da1b7331cadb656d426066ff91.png

But here are the finances on 1st Oct 2037.

bfac80ad6cbb2aeb2b31e797af3f21df.png

Question to you? Oct 2037.

My usual style of posting follows a standard monthly update with extra updates as and when required. Because we started so low, (and hoped for a quicker rise up the leagues than we have actually managed), I decided to adopt just 1 big seasonal update with extra mini-updates as and when required. It seems we have got to the stage where more is happening and I think I'm going to revert to monthly updates, (although the 1st imminent update will cover the 1st 2 months of the season). 

I'm very aware that there are quite a different group of people following this thread than normal follow my drivel, and I want to know what you prefer? 

• Short monthly updates. 
  • Long annual updates. 

I'm not saying that I'm going to follow what more people prefer, but it would be good to at least be aware if there is a preference.

Thanks in advance. :thup:

Aug & Sep 2037.

Pre season

d1d3da661455b4308bac3d368d8a92c1.png

Conference National. I'm quite happy with how things have gone in the league. The only thing that's a little bit concerning is the 3 games in a row in September where we didn't score. I don't like that at all. Having said that, we kept our only clean sheet so far in the 1st of those games so I can't really complain. 

7830d4c3de950a1d7274a2111ac54ad0.png

We were up in the Playoffs after the Gills game, but have dropped after not winning in 4 games. 

b56b44aab3528147eb5a48dda69b69fb.png

Cup games. None. 

Transfers. The big one here is (37b) Júnior (POR) F.Det * going to Bristol City and then coming back in on loan for the season. Very happy with that. 

34ef9eb827912402165c8b6a057d4ec5.png

6d36aa91b2939c72559cf41bf6137470.png

His physicals were shocking to start off with, (and are just poor now), so it would seem that there has been significant improvement here. This is what his physicals were like on day 1 and that's decent progress. :thup:

65f53e59cded1df9970ae2f5b4315244.png

I was trying to do something similar with (34c) Guy Bacon (Driven) *, (who has scored 8 goals in 9 games so far this season), but he says he doesn't want to go and is unhappy because I have offered him out. Now he also won't sign a new contract, (his current contract expires at the end of the season), so I'm hoping he will re-sign and I can relax a little knowing that he's contracted until the end of next season. We've had quite a few bids for him, (up to about £40k I think), but they all pull out when I insist on a loan back. I think they want him now. Most of our coaches think he us good enough to play in the Championship right now, and those that don't agree think he is good enough for League 1 at least. 

ace3621ea6452e5e545759fa280baf85.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971