Whining just for the sake of it?

Ok, to start off, I'm Inter Miami on the odb so I have no players at the start other than those out on loan.

I sign a keeper with the squad status 'backup' and then another with the squad status 'first choice'.

The same day the 'first choice' signs, the 'backup' comes in whining because he "feels his playing time will be reduced". 

Not being funny mate, but you are a backup anyway and would only get played if my first choice was unavailable. 

Why whine when you have the status of 'backup'?

A backup do expect to get around 5-10 matches each season, so a new player int he same position could make the backup be further back in the pecking order. An EMERGENCY backup on the other hand...

I assume it is some sort of in game trigger not realising you have no other goalkeepers, It probably sees it as he is back up to whatever you have right now (Nothing) then when you sign someone ahead of him it triggers this

Suppose it is the unusual situation of an empty squad and the game not reading that properly 

On 23/06/2020 at 19:59, XaW said:

A backup do expect to get around 5-10 matches each season, so a new player int he same position could make the backup be further back in the pecking order. An EMERGENCY backup on the other hand...

As a goalkeeper you’re luck to play 5 games as the cup goalkeeper 

how can a backup goalkeeper expect 5 to ten games?

where are these 5 to ten games coming from?