Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all - does anyone know how to delete all players from the .dat files? i.e. To delete them all in the text files in a File Manager before starting editing?

Edited by Pete1234
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pete1234 said:

Hi all - does anyone know how to delete all players from the .dat files? i.e. To delete them all in the text files in a File Manager before starting editing?

What do you mean when you say .dat files? You can delete all players in the database manually using the pre-game editor if that's what you want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

What do you mean when you say .dat files? You can delete all players in the database manually using the pre-game editor if that's what you want.

Thank you for your response. I am looking to build a database for FM Mobile, which does not have a pre-game editor. I will use a third party editor, but as discussion of those is not allowed on here, I can't go into more detail. 

So as it stands I have the .dat files for the englandsolo database on my computer, and my plan is to delete all the 5,000 or so players and then create about 600-700 new ones. I can open the players.dat file in the Notepad programme, but it is gobbledygook, as .dat files always are.

I have tried deleting all the text but that wipes the entire database including clubs, competitions, continents, and so on. I am guessing - or hoping! - there is a way to identify the players on the .dat file and wipe them, leaving the clubs and competitions still existing but all the teams empty.

The only other option is to rename and restat 5,000 players to their 1990 equivalents which would take years. So any ideas to shortcut this would be really welcome.

I will of course share the database with all for free, and I reckon it could even drive a few sales of FMM2017, the version I am using for this project.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pete1234 said:

Thank you for your response. I am looking to build a database for FM Mobile, which does not have a pre-game editor. I will use a third party editor, but as discussion of those is not allowed on here, I can't go into more detail. 

So as it stands I have the .dat files for the englandsolo database on my computer, and my plan is to delete all the 5,000 or so players and then create about 600-700 new ones. I can open the players.dat file in the Notepad programme, but it is gobbledygook, as .dat files always are.

I have tried deleting all the text but that wipes the entire database including clubs, competitions, continents, and so on. I am guessing - or hoping! - there is a way to identify the players on the .dat file and wipe them, leaving the clubs and competitions still existing but all the teams empty.

The only other option is to rename and restat 5,000 players to their 1990 equivalents which would take years. So any ideas to shortcut this would be really welcome.

I will of course share the database with all for free, and I reckon it could even drive a few sales of FMM2017, the version I am using for this project.

Many years ago I used to edit Football Manager Handheld on PSP using a pre-game editor (one made by an SI staff member) and as far as I can remember the only way to edit players was to edit pre-existing players. You couldn't delete or create anything. Unless you can find a way to read the .dat file I'm not sure what other options you have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Many years ago I used to edit Football Manager Handheld on PSP using a pre-game editor (one made by an SI staff member) and as far as I can remember the only way to edit players was to edit pre-existing players. You couldn't delete or create anything. Unless you can find a way to read the .dat file I'm not sure what other options you have.

Thanks for your answer. I think the only way to feasibly do it is to use the walessolo file which has "only" 2,400 players. If you have any advice on making players disappear that would be great - i.e. if I move players to North Korean or Zanzibarian clubs and set reputation to 1 it could be a relatively easy way of dealing with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...