Sports Interactive Community

Hi 

Just working through my first save after downloading this morning.

What's the point telling the game I'm female when I start if you get screens telling me I'm seen as the 'right man for the job'?

Seems a bit clumsy lol. They're not exactly bugs, but they feel like lazy mistakes. Is there any way they can be looked at for future editions of the game?

Otherwise I don't get the point much in starting the game saying you're a woman. Most people wouldn't say their Mum was 'the right man for the job' in raising them, I guess lol.

Screenshot_20200620-093252__01.jpg

3 hours ago, Alessaof2evils said:

Most people wouldn't say their Mum was 'the right man for the job' in raising them, I guess lol.

Not a valid point, unless your Mum get hired as a Manager and insist being called a Womanager. :D

Thanks for mentioning this - originally the game (10 years ago) didn't contain the concept of genders for the manager and we've attempted to implement this since - however the game has hundreds of thousands of lines of text and now and again we find one has slipped through which we missed ... I'll try and make sure this is rectified for next years version, sorry for the oversight (and thanks for mentioning this - it's much appreciated).

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks for mentioning this - originally the game (10 years ago) didn't contain the concept of genders for the manager and we've attempted to implement this since - however the game has hundreds of thousands of lines of text and now and again we find one has slipped through which we missed ... I'll try and make sure this is rectified for next years version, sorry for the oversight (and thanks for mentioning this - it's much appreciated).

I understand. It's obvs a massive job to make sure all text is 100%.

Posted (edited)

On the subject of this, I occasionally see female physios in the game, but is it currently coded to feature female coaches and scouts? If so, what are the chances of seeing one appear in an existing game? 

Edited by passenger58
Typo

21 hours ago, passenger58 said:

On the subject of this, I occasionally see female scouts in the game, but is it currently coded to feature female coaches and scouts? If so, what are the chances of seeing one appear in an existing game? 

I don't know the percentages involved as I'd have to analyse the database - but I believe it's based largely on the percentages involved in the game currently for each position at present (basically when someone is regenerated there isn't a bias for or against a female being generated).

(in case you didn't know there are female staff in all the non-playing positions in the game around the world - including management)