Loan Managers - Do they do a better job....

... in finding clubs to take players I place into the development list?

I find that without one (or a DoF), I have players sitting on the dev list that just don't get farmed out.  When I use the offer to clubs option, I tend to have more luck on my own.

Does a Loan Manager do a better job of getting these players out on loan?

Also, are his reports on progress better than the default ones you get?

Loan managers and DOF will accept any loan offer than comes in if the player is on the list, I usually interfere and reject any loan offers that offer fringe player status or squad player

I want my loanees playing, So you really have to keep an eye on it either way

I hire or keep a loan manager in place if I'm at a club like Chelsea with their 6 million loaned off players. Trying to keep that many maintained is a nightmare. If I'm at a lower level club with say 10/15 players out on loan then I take care of it myself and save on the staff wages a bit.

In my first save in FM 20, I had 6 GKs in my 2 youth squads and the Loan Manager loaned out 5 of them!  He lasted about 3 months till I got rid of him.  As long as you dont have too many players available for loan, you can safely do it yourself.

15 hours ago, FrazT said:

In my first save in FM 20, I had 6 GKs in my 2 youth squads and the Loan Manager loaned out 5 of them!  He lasted about 3 months till I got rid of him.  As long as you dont have too many players available for loan, you can safely do it yourself.

2 youth squads? What club has 2 youth squads? Or was it like in Portugal where some clubs have a 'B' team, u23's and a u18's? 

On topic though, I always ditch my loan manager for someone better regardless and just interfere if I feel the player won't get enough game time. 

With most loans I’ll let a loan manager and dof sort it. However I’ll take full control over players with really decent potential. I don’t need my five star potential striker sitting on the bench of some championship team. But I generally only have a few really decent prospects at any time so not very time consuming sorting them out. But it’s important to me that the move is the right fit of facilities and playing time for them. 

8 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

2 youth squads? What club has 2 youth squads? Or was it like in Portugal where some clubs have a 'B' team, u23's and a u18's? 

On topic though, I always ditch my loan manager for someone better regardless and just interfere if I feel the player won't get enough game time. 

It was a reserve squad, which I populate with under 21's and an under 18s squad- artistic license to call them both "youths" I suppose, but the point about the LM is valid whatever:D

I find they just accept any loan 

Totally pointless just a way of you not having to go to every player and tick accept all loans