Remove licensed kits

finleya1234

Hey!

I'm aware this thread is probably about 4 years old now but I was wondering if someone could help me with a similar problem as USASoundersFan's? 

Basically, I have put some kit packs I downloaded online into 'Doccuments/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020/graphics' and this works fine, no problem. HOWEVER, I would like to remove the official licensing Football Manager has for leagues like Germany, France and Italy so that the standard licensed kits do not appear in game, only the downloaded kits I've into the folder I detailed above.

Hope this makes sense and someone sees this! Have no idea what to do myself!

Cheers :)

If I'm understanding you correctly, you'd still follow the steps that I detailed to remove the standard licensed kits that you'd like to remove. My instructions can be adapted to only apply to certain leagues, if necessary.

---

Otherwise, here are the instructions for removing licensed kits, logos and trophies as it relates to FM 20 ...

• use Resource Archiver to "Extract Archive" for this file ... C: ... Program Files (x86) ... Steam ... steamapps ... common ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics. fmf
  • head to that same path on your computer and delete graphics.fmf
  • move the extracted "graphics" folder into that "game" folder; it's replacing graphics.fmf
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... players ... normal ... and delete every folder except for "default"
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... kits ... 3d ... and delete every folder except for "default"
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... kits ... 2d ... outfield ... front ... and delete everything except for "default"
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... logos ... normal ... and delete "clubs" and "nations" folders
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... logos ... normal ... comps ... and delete all of the folders, leaving the "cup" and "league" icons
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... logos ... small ... and delete "clubs" folder
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... logos ... small ... comps ... and delete all folders, leaving the "cup," "cup@2x," "league," "league@2x," "none" and "none2x" icons
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... trophies ... and delete all folders except for "default"
  • clear cache and reload skin
  • patches sometimes recreate the graphics.fmf file; if this happens, navigate to the appropriate folder and delete that file, clear your cache and reload skin

Since I also don't want any faces, I also go into the "pictures" folder and delete the "facegen managers" folder and, in game, uncheck the option to "Show pictures of players (and staff) who have been generated by the game."

• 5 months later...
On 18/06/2020 at 01:55, USASoundersFan said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, you'd still follow the steps that I detailed to remove the standard licensed kits that you'd like to remove. My instructions can be adapted to only apply to certain leagues, if necessary.

---

Otherwise, here are the instructions for removing licensed kits, logos and trophies as it relates to FM 20 ...

• use Resource Archiver to "Extract Archive" for this file ... C: ... Program Files (x86) ... Steam ... steamapps ... common ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics. fmf
  • move the extracted "graphics" folder into that "game" folder; it's replacing graphics.fmf
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... players ... normal ... and delete every folder except for "default"
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... kits ... 3d ... and delete every folder except for "default"
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... kits ... 2d ... outfield ... front ... and delete everything except for "default"
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... logos ... normal ... and delete "clubs" and "nations" folders
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... logos ... normal ... comps ... and delete all of the folders, leaving the "cup" and "league" icons
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... logos ... small ... and delete "clubs" folder
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... logos ... small ... comps ... and delete all folders, leaving the "cup," "cup@2x," "league," "league@2x," "none" and "none2x" icons
  • head to ... Football Manager 2020 ... data ... game ... graphics ... pictures ... trophies ... and delete all folders except for "default"
  • patches sometimes recreate the graphics.fmf file; if this happens, navigate to the appropriate folder and delete that file, clear your cache and reload skin

Since I also don't want any faces, I also go into the "pictures" folder and delete the "facegen managers" folder and, in game, uncheck the option to "Show pictures of players (and staff) who have been generated by the game."

Dude, you the real MVP for this...

• 3 years later...
On 18.06.2020 at 03:55, USASoundersFan said:

---

thanks mate but im afraid of doing something wrong so im a bit confused could you share your deleted and extracted graphics fmf folder?

On 29/01/2024 at 02:59, Jr35 said:

thanks mate but im afraid of doing something wrong so im a bit confused could you share your deleted and extracted graphics fmf folder?

Unfortunately, I don't really play anymore, haven't in a couple of years. (I don't currently have any games downloaded, and 22 was my most recent purchase.)

Regardless, you can always copy all of these files/folders somewhere safe so that you can put them back where they came from if anything doesn't go according to plan. Or place them all somewhere safe in a manner that tells you where they came from.

But if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask and I'll answer as best as I can next time I'm here. And I can help explain what I wrote about the 20 game if that helps. (Note that if you're playing a more recent game than 20, some of these steps may be slightly different.)