[FM20] Faroese Anguilla [fantasy]

The other night I wanted to create a fantasy European nation that generated black regens. Without changing much else about the nation & its leagues, I picked the Faroe Islands. The way I did it, was moving all of its regions to Anguilla, so that all of the regens are from Anguilla. If you tick 'add players to playable teams' it will generate regens from the start. [Additionally, I play with an empty database to start, so all my clubs end up this way from Day 1.] 

I didn't improve much else about the nation, so the team should still be bad for a good while. I've bet that anyone good that would've normally to go play for England, will get snapped up by the Faroe Islands national team before he has a chance to get claimed. 

Eventually, I'll maybe create different clubs & do some renaming, but for now, everything stays the same except the regens are Anguillan. If you'd like to indulge in this fantasy universe, feel free to download the file and tinker as you wish. 

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2133771606

Black Faroes _Fantasy File_.fmf

Edited by omnivore

Don't they end up with Denmark s second nationality?

I will have to check your files to check some assumptions I have about the game exactly works with ethnicity and such things, because what you are doing seems counterintuitive to what I thought the game did ;)

And it would also fix an issue I have when working on an edit of mine.

The Faroes are a UEFA and FIFA member, so if anyone remotely good enough is able to play for a national team, Faroes would cap tie him before he'd be able eligible to play for Denmark. It's a different kind of colonial deal than the British or French overseas territories that aren't FIFA members and closer to the Puerto Rico/Guam deal with the USA, except I bet a player would eschew them to play for the USA because of the prestige gap.

My players all have Anguilla as a second nationality, but are all born in Faroes. So it seems to work pretty well, after simming ahead for nearly a decade. I know players can get a third nationality, but the game doesn't seem to declare it unilaterally in these cases because I think the player has to decide to move to those players for it to work.

That said, I also do this for my Neloxia fictional nation, it's bounced around over the years. I used to use Gibraltar, but these days I'm using Latvia, but all of my regens have English-language names with some other ones mixed in, but in this case, I was just able to [in past versions of the game] change the language of the city that the players come from and that was good enough to make the game generate regens with those kinds of names and I'd just change the language of all of the cities to match whatever languages I wanted.

For some reason, the FM20 editor disabled that option [at least I've found in newer files, not older ones I imported] and so I needed a different workaround, and the  regions one seems to work well.

Edited by omnivore