Broken Promise

I made an error in committing to a promise to sign a friend, given I forgot, the player became uphappy.

He has been unhappy for a year but still performed ok. 18 yr scored 8 goals in 22 games av. 7.17.

Question: How long does it typically take for a player to get over a broken promise?

At the end of the season I am one of his fav personel. I am also one of his fav personnel.

Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 12.42.35.png

Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 12.51.13.png

There are several threads on broken promises already. If you're winning trophies & playing him, there is a good chance he will get over it.

Never ever make promises to a player when negotiating contracts-especially one as ludicrous as promising to sign another player you have no control over. 

He will get over it in time and as long as he is performing on the pitch, you need not worry.  The best way to not have broken promises is to specifically exclude all requests.  Players in the game make all sorts of irrational demands at contract time, but as long as they get their wage demand, you can safely exclude all other requests.

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

He will get over it in time and as long as he is performing on the pitch, you need not worry.  The best way to not have broken promises is to specifically exclude all requests.  Players in the game make all sorts of irrational demands at contract time, but as long as they get their wage demand, you can safely exclude all other requests.

That depends on what club you mange and what league. I am in Romania now with Rapid and some agents won't even go into negotations if you don't agree on some promises like being a important player in a next season or giving a huge payrise or allowing the player to treat a club like stepping stone, winning silverware etc. It gets better with time but you still get some players that have such demands.

• 1 year later...

I broke a promise to Erling Haaland, and now he wants to leave.

However, he seems to like me and has scored 29 goals in 22 games so is still performing well.

Only 2 years left on his contract and he won't negotiate a new one at present, so he needs to get over it ASAP before I lose him on a Free Transfer!