Brasilian Wonderkeeper: 'Sign Whatever the Price' but Fickle. Do you sign him?

Hi folks - So I did a google and then scout a known super star, so the 'sign whatever the price' is apparently for 90+ rated by your scouts type players.

But interestingly, the player is also fickle, which searching has told me are going to be players that want to move on quickly, complain about playing time, and the like and should really be avoided, in a plenty of fish in the sea way.  It seems maybe the fickleness can be coaxed out of him via mentoring, but it's no sure bet.

Being Brighton in 2023 we're not the shiniest of clubs to join, so that this GK could join the club has me interested as much for vanity and fun as practicality.

2223_BHA_VitorSignSignSign.thumb.JPG.f5351d990692ce77905ebf97c9c22c1a.JPG

He does look quality, not the tallest but tall enough and otherwise has loads of 16+ attributes already at 19. We do have Dean Henderson now, bought him on the cheap from Utd, and he's solid if unspectacular, but also still young especially for a keeper, but I could then take up the next good offer that comes in for him, which I've rejected to this point.

Vitor has a 20mil buyout which I am assuming would be easily recouped some years down the road, if-when he wants to leave, but I'm trying to do my Levy-esque best to keep wages structured, so assuming the guy wants 75k/week or so, and would be a top 5 earner right from the start, which I am not keen on.

Apart from maybe unsettling my current keepers, would being a Top 5 earner also lead to players asking for wage hikes?

Edited by CaptCanuck

fickle player is just unloyal. So it's up to you to sign him. If you think you want to keep him, go on, negotiate a big clause maybe an sign him.

IIRC there can be as little as one point of difference in the loyalty attribute between Ambitious which is generally regarded as a good personality and Fickle which is often regarded as not good. And Fickle is also better than the worst possible loyalty [mercenary]. So go figure.

I wouldn't want any kind of ambitious keeper for my bench, but he's way too good for that anyway

Went ahead and signed him. Managed to get him on a 5yr deal at 55K p/w, with no international appearances/club appearance raise and a 106mil release clause.

Loaned out my existing promising youngster and will have Vitor as my Cup-keeper, which seeing as we have Champions League and the two domestic cups should be enough, got him a mentor, so time will tell :-)

Edited by CaptCanuck

^Ya I was happy to get it up that high :-)

He's gotten in a few preseason friendlies so far and... well... we're on a preseason tour of China so the competition isn't the strongest so no real sense of shot stopping, but distribution seems fine. Have Club Brugge, Barca, and Valencia coming up once we're back in England to get a better look and I'll be keeping an eye on mentoring progress for sure!