Sports Interactive Community
AceAvenger

B Team (II Club) staff not available for training

Hello FM developers,

I would like to turn your attention to the following:

Summary:

When you sign a coach for the B team (II Club) in Germany, the coach does not show up in coach assignments in the training section for the B team, nor does the manager.

Description of issue:

When you first join a German team with a II club, their current coaching staff for the II club are available to be assign to training, however the manager is not:

aa42mZd.png

g4D6eJy.png

To my knowledge, the manager should be available, as the player is available to be assigned a training category when managing a team.

The second point is if you sign a coach for the II club, he does not become available to be assign a training category:

oUdBGE8.png

6zNkulr.png

krRPXxS.png

Steps to reproduce:

Become the manager of a German team and sign a II Club coach. I have replicated this test with multiple teams and found the same issue.

Here is one test with Augsburn, in the 22/23 preseason. During the save, Augsburg signed a regen coach, whom is available for selection.

deElZrZ.pngCCAPY2R.pngJ9EdgS4.png

1LloioC.png

However, when I sign a II Club coach, he is not available to be selected.

6FfjX9i.pngJ9EdgS4.png

On another note, if I sign a first team coach, he will become available for the II club.

VND1OH7.png

vFIPzjC.png

AnP3Yra.png

kfMfSH8.png

If the game save is required, please let me know and I will make them available.

21 hours ago, AceAvenger said:

To my knowledge, the manager should be available, as the player is available to be assigned a training category when managing a team.

Thanks for all the screenshots - this issue is logged. Won't need a save game or anything as you were super clear with the screenshots which is very appreciated. 

However, when I sign a II Club coach, he is not available to be selected.

I believe this is logged too. 

On another note, if I sign a first team coach, he will become available for the II club.

I'm not as sure if this is a bug - some users might want to have their first team coach be available for the II club, but there is a bug logged for this type of problem and maybe we should have a clearer separation of the job roles. 

Thanks for your reply @Christopher Lewis, I also wanted to let you know that it's the same case for Spain too, I guess it affects both B teams and II clubs.

image.thumb.png.d4ee22d1e7f0dca475e274fdd91a0fc7.png

image.thumb.png.901dbffae141df0fb3aa2e061acfa935.png

image.thumb.png.47f4a9c5b302fac673d30723e20f6ae2.png

Apologies for the late response, just to update you that what you said above appears to be correct, and it's all with the developer team now.

There aren't any future updates planned for FM20, but it will be fixed at some point, hopefully in time for the next edition, barring further setbacks.