MLS Salary Cap

A lot of the MLS rules are hardcoded as far as I know, so it's difficult to remove single elements without completely rebuilding the competition. You could definitely rebuild MLS to keep the draft but remove the salary cap, but that would probably involve sacrificing all the contract rules.

1 hour ago, Lukecouchman said:

ive tried removing the salary cap within the editor, but this still seems to exist when i go into the game?

Yeah as I said lots of the rules are hardcoded. You have to rebuild MLS from scratch to get rid of the salary cap, but that sacrifices all of the contract types that you've said you want to keep. Basically it's a lot of work for an uncertain and possibly unsatisfactory payoff.

2 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Yeah as I said lots of the rules are hardcoded. You have to rebuild MLS from scratch to get rid of the salary cap, but that sacrifices all of the contract types that you've said you want to keep. Basically it's a lot of work for an uncertain and possibly unsatisfactory payoff.

I tried just increasing the salary cap, but that didn’t seem to work either?

27 minutes ago, Lukecouchman said:

I tried just increasing the salary cap, but that didn’t seem to work either?

Are you editing the Fixture Rules for the MLS in the advanced rules? If so don't forget to increase the salary cap in all instances where you find it mentioned.

There's no guarantee that this will work though; as I said lots of MLS rules are hardcoded. Your best bet is to try everything that you can, then after that your only option is to duplicate all of the MLS competitions and completely rebuild them without the salary cap.

19 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Are you editing the Fixture Rules for the MLS in the advanced rules? If so don't forget to increase the salary cap in all instances where you find it mentioned.

There's no guarantee that this will work though; as I said lots of MLS rules are hardcoded. Your best bet is to try everything that you can, then after that your only option is to duplicate all of the MLS competitions and completely rebuild them without the salary cap.

Yes, i used advanced rules and changed all instances where the salary cap was mentioned.

Unfortunately, I think these ones are. Ive exhaused every avenue i can see/think of! I dont have the knowledge enough to do that, or the time. Thank you so much for your help

• 9 months later...
On 10/06/2020 at 09:16, Lukecouchman said:

Hi Guys,

Hope im in the right place! I love playing in the MLS on FM 20. Is it possible to play the MLS Without a salary cap? I want to play with the draft/contract rules etc, but just remove the salary cap, so FMtouch isnt an option.

Thanks!

There are 2 ways that the MLS Salary Cap can be FUNCTIONALLY changed  without using advanced rules or actually changing the cap itself.

1 Change the Exchange Rate of US Dollar.  In Pre-Game Editior, select currency, search U.S. dollar and increase value of Dollar vs the pound.  The number you put is how many Dollars equal 1 pound.  So a lower number makes the dollar worth more.   This functionally increases the cap.  

For example, in FM21 the 1.288 US Dollar equals 1 pound.  Changing the Value of US Dollar to 1 (1 dollar = 1 pound) rasises the cap from 78,000 to 100,000 (a little more than 28%

2 Change Tax Rates.  Pre-Game Editor, go to Nation, search United States, go to Transefer and Contracts, go to Tax Rules.  You can reduce or even eliminate all the Income, VAT and National Insurance Tax.  This will increase the After Tax wages of players up to almost 45% for higher earning players.  

The hard coded cap stays the same, but the FUNCTIONAL cap can be increased greatly.