Sports Interactive Community

I would be grateful for some thoughts on the various tactics versions I am using in the three slots. i always like to have a base tactic, a more aggressive version and a more countering version to suit match situations. Have been using the ones below with some success but would be grateful for a critical eye. Like to keep them simple without many special roles TIs or PIs.

first the base tactic

1365922950_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.f3ca291df8b6521fd65eb91112dd159d.png

Idea is to have a balanced/flexible system with shorter passing to start matches with. No added PIs.

More Attacking version with higher pressure. Both wingbacks have cross more often and cross from deep added.

939609129_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.c7169bd8a4caaee37171585c36d1fa10.png

Counter version. Defensive formation but relatively aggressive but with a low block. ideally I am working on this to be less narrow and not relying on lone wide men in and out of possession but it works quite well. Two central midfielders have close down more and stay wider to help connect them to the wingbacks. Anchorman has closs down less to counterbalance the other two midfielders.

422307481_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.fcac7e0433aed342c0be64a784cff3ab.png

Finally I have a more Defensive football tactic to close out matches or when i am really up against it. No PIs.

229811378_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.48fb0586e0792157af624e26506d2947.png

would be grateful for any views or critiques.

thanks

Making tactics that are so different from one another for one same team is never a good idea IMHO. Only a mentality change can make a notable difference, let alone changing formations and instructions. 

On the other hand, I see in the screenshots that you are topping the EPL league table, so it obviously works for you regardless. 

Thank you for the response. Appreciate it. I am sure you are right. They are working for me but I have to work very hard with them and familiarity is an issue due to the changes. Will maybe concentrate on one and tweak from there. Now working on a 451 on that basis as I find it to be the most balanced formation. 

thanks again. 

1 hour ago, loisvale said:

Will maybe concentrate on one and tweak from there

:thup: 

1 hour ago, loisvale said:

Now working on a 451 on that basis as I find it to be the most balanced formation

But there isn't a 451 among your 4 tactics. Maybe you meant 4411?