Afterr season of dominance you need to tweak something - but what?!

Posted (edited)

It seems that in this game you need to tweak something after run of good results, good season. And than AI gets on your level and you need to tweak something.

I was playing with Valencia,first few seasons I was building my team, than had four years of excellence (4  La ligas and one Chammpions league). In every of that seasons I needed to tweak something. Per example, one season played with Pass into space, other with Work ball into box, third wider, etc. Last season couldnt find the "jack pot" (yeah, I had discussion here about tactics and jack pot)...

Am I right about this concept? If I am, in which direction to tweak your tactics? I mean, if you are keen on gegen is it better to tweak something in that direction or maybe go all the way to tiki taka?

Edited by flauta kicma

Tweaking is a normal part of tactical creation, both in FM and real-life football, but there is no universal recipe on what or how you should tweak. You have to figure it out yourself by watching and analyzing your matches. Unless you manage to create a plug'n'play (exploit) tactic or download one created by someone else. 

5 hours ago, flauta kicma said:

It seems that in this game you need to tweak something after run of good results, good season. And than AI gets on your level and you need to tweak something.

I was playing with Valencia,first few seasons I was building my team, than had four years of excellence (4  La ligas and one Chammpions league). In every of that seasons I needed to tweak something. Per example, one season played with Pass into space, other with Work ball into box, third wider, etc. Last season couldnt find the "jack pot" (yeah, I had discussion here about tactics and jack pot)...

Am I right about this concept? If I am, in which direction to tweak your tactics? I mean, if you are keen on gegen is it better to tweak something in that direction or maybe go all the way to tiki taka?

I don't think so. On one of my saves I won everything and was unbeaten for almost 4 seasons and I didn't change anything  after the initial creation and testing period. I guess it comes down to the level/quality of your team/players and if you way over perform with them.

If you feel you have to tweak your tactics as teams are handling you differently, you have to watch games and see whats different to the previous season then adapt it. There's no specific way to change it, you just have to see what is not working any more