Why isn't tactical familiarity in a role developed during game?

Obviously training should help speed it up, but gating it completely seems ridiculous and inconsistent with position training. 

I do belive the familarity is for the specific tactic, what a player train for individual role is not affecting it to my knowledge.

Then what is? Because the only thing that affects a player's tactical familiarity in their role in all my saves is their individual training. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, but which role is that given tactical familiarity towards? The role they're given in the starting 11 during the training session? The role they have individual training for? The role they played last time they featured in the team?

If it in any way impacted the role they play matches in, they should and would've gained tactical familiarity over the 30+ games a season. As soon as I put them to individual training in that role however, they become familiar within a few weeks. 

Edited by Renyy
2 hours ago, Renyy said:

If it in any way impacted the role they play matches in, they should and would've gained tactical familiarity over the 30+ games a season. As soon as I put them to individual training in that role however, they become familiar within a few weeks. 

This is what I thought it did. Maybe @Seb Wassell knows?

On 08/06/2020 at 07:59, Renyy said:

Then what is? Because the only thing that affects a player's tactical familiarity in their role in all my saves is their individual training. 

You may have Tactical Familiarity, Positional Familiarity and Role Suitability confused - 

A player's individual 'Position/Role/Duty' Tactical Familiarity is their individual familiarity with their position, role and duty as part of that tactic; in the same way that the 'Mentality' Tactical Familiarity is their familiarity with the Mentality being asked of them as a part of that tactic.

Posted (edited)

1805540392_Skjermbilde2020-06-10kl_05_56_41.thumb.png.41b76d1bcb2145d0f9c401217aeaf2e7.png

I am asking why Position/Role/Duty in Tactical Familiarity is not developed by giving a player game time, and judging from my experience completely gated behind putting a player to the same position, role and duty in individual training. I don't have Role Suitability and Tactical Familiarity confused. I don't care about role suitability because that doesn't actually affect anything and is only there as a guide. Unless I'm mistaken, tactical familiarity absolutely does affect match performance.

I'm bringing up Positional Familiarity because it can be developed in both training and during match time, which makes it strange that Tactical Familiarity is not the same or in any way linked to the Position/Role/Duty a player actually plays in matches. 

I'm not reporting this as a bug because this has been how it works across all my saves which leads me to believe it's WAI.

Edited by Renyy

Do you give them 1 or 2 "match practice" sessions per week? Usually my "position/role/duty" is at the very least accomplished by the end of pre-season, simply with 2 match practices, a team bonding session and a community outreach (playing semi pro clubs).