broken game engine

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Overmars said:

Both complaints are true. Passive opponents can keep possession too easily, and the only way you can really counter this is to max out your pressing urgency and aggression. If you don't try to press your opponents, they will hold the ball for a 0-0 result. If you do press them, at least then you can occasionally force a mistake, though nowhere near as effectively as would happen in real life if a crappy team tried to hold the ball all match against Liverpool-esque teams.

This has been going on since FM19, right? I don't remember seeing it in older editions.

If they don't improve this aspect of the game I'm gonna be so pissed, right now it is the only thing keeping me from enjoying the game.

48 minutes ago, robot_skeleton said:

This has been going on since FM19, right? I don't remember seeing it in older editions.

If they don't improve this aspect of the game I'm gonna be so pissed, right now it is the only thing keeping me from enjoying the game.

Oh wait till you see FM18. You can almost never do any kind of high pressing. Doing high pressing in FM20 is a piece of cake compared to FM18.

17 hours ago, Overmars said:

Both complaints are true. Passive opponents can keep possession too easily, and the only way you can really counter this is to max out your pressing urgency and aggression. If you don't try to press your opponents, they will hold the ball for a 0-0 result. If you do press them, at least then you can occasionally force a mistake, though nowhere near as effectively as would happen in real life if a crappy team tried to hold the ball all match against Liverpool-esque teams.

This

Players press at high intensity all the time without too many fitness issues if instructed to do so [but not necessarily smartly, so you can have two players chasing a goalkeeper] but they don't do it at all if they're not instructed to do so. In reality, pressing is more likely to happen if the opposition are just dawdling in possession even if players haven't been asked to press aggressively, and tends to happen at a much lower intensity where players don't have any realistic chance of winning the ball back quickly.