Sports Interactive Community
Linnetssss728

Transfers: I have to pay, foreign teams get on free transfer

I am King's Lynn playing in the English Premier League. I want to sign a player from Watford who costs £95 million. I don't have the funds for this, but Udinese go and sign the player on a free transfer. How is this possible??

Did they sign him immediately or did they make an approach to sign when his contract expires in 6 months?

If not, was he out of contract? And did you have a Brexit where you leave the EU?

They signed him immediately with 3 years left on his contract at Watford. I'm in the year 2030, so leaving the EU happened quite a while ago

Really? Annoying, but cheers for clearing it up. Considering he was a 19 goal attacking left-mid last season, that's a heck of a deal for Udinese. Thanks again.

15 hours ago, Linnetssss728 said:

Really? Annoying, but cheers for clearing it up. Considering he was a 19 goal attacking left-mid last season, that's a heck of a deal for Udinese. Thanks again.

Yeah, the bug is the level of player this is happening with, according to the thread in the bugs forum.

The player moving freely is part of the agreement between the clubs.

Interested how this works if you manage one of these clubs. Can you just have any player you like from the other team during a registration window like a feeder club? Or does the player have to agree terms, etc?