Jump to content

[FM20] - Unofficially Official Spanish Football Thread


Recommended Posts

On 17/06/2020 at 13:21, oze07 said:

I went for Sociedad in the end. they have a lot of Spanish players, and over the years I have tried saves with the other 2, bit to no avail. plus Sociedad are doing well this year, so thought I would see how well I can do with them. prob take about ten years to win the league!

 

They were the last Spanish team I managed (around 2014) and that was also mainly because they had lots of Spanish players too.

@Ronaldo Beckham Making great progress there in the deserted land of Spain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

They were the last Spanish team I managed (around 2014) and that was also mainly because they had lots of Spanish players too.

@Ronaldo Beckham Making great progress there in the deserted land of Spain.

Cheers Jogo, much appreciated buddy. I am hoping you join me on here sooner or later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Cheers Jogo, much appreciated buddy. I am hoping you join me on here sooner or later.

Sorry to say (for you) that I'm well set in France for now. 2.5 seasons so far is my longest save by far on FM20 and no plans to end soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

Sorry to say (for you) that I'm well set in France for now. 2.5 seasons so far is my longest save by far on FM20 and no plans to end soon.

Yeah I can tell you are having fun with it cos I aint seen you commit so much to one save.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rayo Vallecano Transfer History

Transfers Out

I sold Alejandro Pozuelo for £1m to Celta, Rick Karsdorp to Bologna for £12.5m, Florian Tilloloy to Getafe for £500k and Dani Gomez to Leeds for £3.4m.

Transfers In

Alejandro Pozo

image.thumb.png.6e0ac9737bab093ad526ffd7d0be6a88.png

Signed for £800k after a few years on loan. He is versatile and decent when called upon. I also pretend he is Jose Pozo's brother even though they probably aint related lol. They are my Spanish version of the Nevilles lol.

Oscar

image.thumb.png.16d2a6c07bfc432404eed23cc169eeda.png

Signed on a free from Real Madrid, His best role is just behind the striker, I will probably try convert him into a Mezzala in the centre of midfield. He looks pretty decent.

Fabrice Hartmann

image.thumb.png.637e1157c26ac9c6a06c150c8be12f96.png

Another great free transfer this time from RB Leipzig. A good pacy winger, can play as an Inside Forward as well.

Thimothee Pembele

image.thumb.png.38e9e13d0c8872411944bf8b485d834b.png

I am really excited about Pembele, I managed to get him on a freebie from PSG, He looks like a great central defender in the making.

Martin Calderon

image.thumb.png.db99880db8146387278d1c0d6dc94e02.png

Another talented player wasting his career in Real Madrid youth team/reserves. a decent Mezzala and DLP.

Alex Sola

image.thumb.png.01f6870bbb7e706cc5576f8d25cdd4d9.png

I needed a decent right back and Alex Sola fitted the bill.

Mitchel Bakker

image.thumb.png.9534af52adf9e5ff8e687101fb82420a.png

Bekker is a decent left back and will be good cover.

I also signed Jordan Henderson and Gareth Bale as mentors for the younger players, Bale wont be playing as I have too many Foreign players in the squad already.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I have been drawn a tough group in the Champions League. I got Arsenal, PSG and Sporting Lisbon.

It will be entertaining games for the fans in Europe.

Yikes! Ordinarily I would say you can take arsenal but this is fm and they are ridiculously over rated. I don't think I've had a save where they haven't won the league in the first couple of years. 

12 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I can tell you are having fun with it cos I aint seen you commit so much to one save.

Haha true story 

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Arezo getting an injury every month lately. Very annoying. Is there anything that can be done to stop this from happening?

Would it be something to do with training ?

Well is he getting injuries in matches or in training that's the first key question. Also what is his injury risk as per your medic department. If it's high then maybe you can tone down the individual training for a while. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Yikes! Ordinarily I would say you can take arsenal but this is fm and they are ridiculously over rated. I don't think I've had a save where they haven't won the league in the first couple of years. 

Haha true story 

Well is he getting injuries in matches or in training that's the first key question. Also what is his injury risk as per your medic department. If it's high then maybe you can tone down the individual training for a while. 

Yeah I forgot to attach the screenshot of his injury history so I will post it tonight and will look into how he is getting injured and look at lowering his training. Cheers for the help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rayo Vallecano Update

I have had a fairly decent season so far. Been doing well in the league and currently 6th in the table.

I failed to qualify to the next stage of the Champions League but might have a chance of getting Europa League footy this season as I am currently 3rd in Group A with 1 game to go.

image.thumb.png.4709e90de66197153746624a61f5cc1c.png

image.thumb.png.7e102b5856bdb90399004c14aab74938.png

image.thumb.png.ee6df950f3e9121a8b2ef8178657bc9e.png

Arezo is back on form with 10 goals in 13 games.

image.thumb.png.e047e3845f7f575d7bece42a80616e8c.png

This is Arezo's Injury history by the way. I think a lot of his injuries have been in matches. Is there anything I can do to stop this or is it just something in the game I can't sort out.

image.thumb.png.c09858b0ddb4952127f26e89e3ac6fcc.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it looks like I am going to lose one of my best players in Hugo Cortez. He wanted to go to a bigger club and then Hertha Berlin come along and bidded £75m for him which is his minimum release clause.

I will miss him but £75m for a player I signed for £3.5m is an amazing profit on the the player. His former club Pasto from Columbia will get 40% of it so a nice windful for them. I would of been happier to have the whole £75m but nothing I can do now.

image.thumb.png.46fe524f8a0c5eb3acc5a8ea85ddb507.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff! I don't think you can do much about the in game injuries. As long as he's doing well now I guess. 

That's a huge sale and as you said a windfall for his former club. Probably more money than they have seen in their entire existence! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Good stuff! I don't think you can do much about the in game injuries. As long as he's doing well now I guess. 

That's a huge sale and as you said a windfall for his former club. Probably more money than they have seen in their entire existence! 

Yeah their chairman is probably very happy right now lol.

I used most of the money to recruit Aaron Martin for £30m from Valancia as I was really struggling with left backs last season, I was playing 35 year old Blase Matiudi as my main left back for a lot of last season as I couldn't find a decent left back that was affordable but now I have.

I will just do a full season review later instead of doing a few updates as this will be my last season with Rayo for a while as I am going to do a save in Germany next.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Rayo Vallecano Update

I have had a fairly decent season so far. Been doing well in the league and currently 6th in the table.

I failed to qualify to the next stage of the Champions League but might have a chance of getting Europa League footy this season as I am currently 3rd in Group A with 1 game to go.

image.thumb.png.4709e90de66197153746624a61f5cc1c.png

image.thumb.png.7e102b5856bdb90399004c14aab74938.png

image.thumb.png.ee6df950f3e9121a8b2ef8178657bc9e.png

Arezo is back on form with 10 goals in 13 games.

image.thumb.png.e047e3845f7f575d7bece42a80616e8c.png

This is Arezo's Injury history by the way. I think a lot of his injuries have been in matches. Is there anything I can do to stop this or is it just something in the game I can't sort out.

image.thumb.png.c09858b0ddb4952127f26e89e3ac6fcc.png

What facepack do you have? I dont have Arezo on mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ewan0404 said:

What facepack do you have? I dont have Arezo on mine.

I have so many mate lol.

Here is a screenshot of my graphics folder. It might be the iOS'20 facepack but it might be something I found on Steam workshop.

image.thumb.png.0e0c82e81f69d3beb35c299227c78bdc.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

It was a good run with Rayo. I guess you were a couple of seasons away from challenging the big clubs. 

Yeah I will go back to it at some point. I am going to do a few seasons with Schalke and then maybe do a save with Sampdoria and then just go back to my old saves with Metz and Rayo etc and just do a few seasons with each other club. I can see why Jogo does this now lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/06/2020 at 23:58, Ronaldo Beckham said:

After getting frustrated with my Rayo not performing like I want them to I have decided to have a break from Rayo and I will be posting in the German League thread very soon.

You killed the Spanish thread with that decision :))

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

You killed the Spanish thread with that decision :))

I will go back to it, I just felt burnt out. Surely other people will post in this thread at some point.

Feel free to start a Spanish league save and post in here @Muttley84 lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Feel free to start a Spanish league save and post in here @Muttley84 lol

Feel free to play FM for a married man with a newborn does not apply ;)

I am still thinking between Deportivo and Racing so at some point hopefully sooner than later I will start it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Muttley84 said:

Feel free to play FM for a married man with a newborn does not apply ;)

I am still thinking between Deportivo and Racing so at some point hopefully sooner than later I will start it.

Oh ok I understand mate. I didn't want to get married or have kids as I enjoyed playing FM too much lol.

Nah jokes aside feel free to post when you get chance to start your save.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/07/2020 at 11:11, Knox316 said:

Starting a save with Pontevedra, from bottom to La Liga. 

Lets see how this goes.

 

21 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

I'm gonna give Valencia a go!

Good luck with your teams. Feel free to post updates.

9 hours ago, SteveUK said:

Neil Lennon just became Real Madrid manager in my save.

Hilarious, imagine if that happened in real life lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sid Lowe's written a great piece about Barca's potential decline in the Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/02/messis-influence-troubling-finances-and-boardroom-turmoil-why-barcelona-are-a-mess

I would be curious to start a save that moves on from the Guardiola-era superstars and the erratic recruitment since and puts La Masia and other young Spanish talent at the heart of the rebuilding project. Anyone tried this/similar?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dothestrand said:

Sid Lowe's written a great piece about Barca's potential decline in the Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/02/messis-influence-troubling-finances-and-boardroom-turmoil-why-barcelona-are-a-mess

I would be curious to start a save that moves on from the Guardiola-era superstars and the erratic recruitment since and puts La Masia and other young Spanish talent at the heart of the rebuilding project. Anyone tried this/similar?

I will do a youth only save with Barca at some point but not for a while.  You should do it and see how you get on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I will do a youth only save with Barca at some point but not for a while.  You should do it and see how you get on.

I'm giving it a go (after generating the first season). The approach I would take is Spanish under 23s and Spanish-speaking youngsters e.g. South American (but younger, under 21s?) So there is scope to bring in Dani Olmo (ex-Barca of course), Unai Simon, Pelayo Morilla, Thiago Almada from Argentina. What I find though is it's incredibly difficult to move players on unless a club specifically comes in for them. Every player who leaves will leave on subsidised wages (e.g. Messi starts on 1.2m per week - even selling him for 40m means I would need to pay 600k of that!) Also the club only reinvest around 20% of the money coming in as they're in debt. But that's OK, I should have enough for the players I need. I would expect the second season to be rocky but I'm keeping the likes of Pique, Busquets, Alba etc. and will want to move those on after the second season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dothestrand said:

I'm giving it a go (after generating the first season). The approach I would take is Spanish under 23s and Spanish-speaking youngsters e.g. South American (but younger, under 21s?) So there is scope to bring in Dani Olmo (ex-Barca of course), Unai Simon, Pelayo Morilla, Thiago Almada from Argentina. What I find though is it's incredibly difficult to move players on unless a club specifically comes in for them. Every player who leaves will leave on subsidised wages (e.g. Messi starts on 1.2m per week - even selling him for 40m means I would need to pay 600k of that!) Also the club only reinvest around 20% of the money coming in as they're in debt. But that's OK, I should have enough for the players I need. I would expect the second season to be rocky but I'm keeping the likes of Pique, Busquets, Alba etc. and will want to move those on after the second season.

I would just keep the players I got and just wait for them to retire personally and just gradually bring in the players you want.

I am thinking of doing youth only and not bringing in any players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/07/2020 at 15:26, dothestrand said:

Sid Lowe's written a great piece about Barca's potential decline in the Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/02/messis-influence-troubling-finances-and-boardroom-turmoil-why-barcelona-are-a-mess

I would be curious to start a save that moves on from the Guardiola-era superstars and the erratic recruitment since and puts La Masia and other young Spanish talent at the heart of the rebuilding project. Anyone tried this/similar?

Thats not a challenge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheJanitor said:

Started a save with Sociedad. Ødegaard already looks like my favorite player this year. Do you think it's possible to get him permanently?

me too. but I have no idea how to fit odegaard,oyarzabel,isak,willian and januzaj in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheJanitor said:

Started a save with Sociedad. Ødegaard already looks like my favorite player this year. Do you think it's possible to get him permanently?

He usually is available for for about 40-50 million from my experience after a couple of years. I would try to extend his loan and then after a couple of years you could get him for a reasonable price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oze07 said:

me too. but I have no idea how to fit odegaard,oyarzabel,isak,willian and januzaj in?

It's hard. Maybe a 442 with Oyarzabel and Januzaj wide, Ødegaard in the middle and Jose and Isak upfront. I like Portu as well, so maybe I would play him and Januzaj wide and Oyarzabel upfront. Also thinking about a 433 with Oyarzabel upfront as a False Nine and Portu as a Raumdeuter.

48 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

He usually is available for for about 40-50 million from my experience after a couple of years. I would try to extend his loan and then after a couple of years you could get him for a reasonable price.

Thanks mate. I kinda hope he wouldn't renew his contract with Real Madrid but I doubt it.

Edited by TheJanitor
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TheJanitor said:

It's hard. Maybe a 442 with Oyarzabel and Januzaj wide, Ødegaard in the middle and Jose and Isak upfront. I like Portu as well, so maybe I would play him and Januzaj wide and Oyarzabel upfront. Also thinking about a 433 with Oyarzabel upfront as a False Nine and Portu as a Raumdeuter.

Thanks mate. I kinda hope he wouldn't renew his contract with Real Madrid but I doubt it.

I don't know a lot about Sociedad, and the style of play they choose, but I guess they try to play vertical tika taka? so il prob go 4231 with oyarzabel drifting in from the left? I think he does that irl?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, oze07 said:

I don't know a lot about Sociedad, and the style of play they choose, but I guess they try to play vertical tika taka? so il prob go 4231 with oyarzabel drifting in from the left? I think he does that irl?

 

Me too, but I think it could work. I would play Ødegaard in the middle and Januzaj right and rotate Jose and Isak upfront.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TheJanitor said:

Me too, but I think it could work. I would play Ødegaard in the middle and Januzaj right and rotate Jose and Isak upfront.

ok, you getting on well with your save?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, oze07 said:

ok, you getting on well with your save?

Kinda mixed results. Draw against Bilbao, won against Sevilla, lost to Alves. Not playing too well. How are you getting on? Playing 4231?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheJanitor said:

Kinda mixed results. Draw against Bilbao, won against Sevilla, lost to Alves. Not playing too well. How are you getting on? Playing 4231?

still playing friendlies! takes me ages to get through pre season. yeah, trying 4231, but I have a 433 as backup aswell.  my first league game is home to bilbao!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Doing a Valencia save, my first on this FM. Extremely successful start in terms of results, no losses or draws in competitive matches so far. Daniel Wass is my key player. Downside is Parejo's unavailability through injuries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Will FM 21 include the absolute caos in the spanish third tier and beyond for next season? For those who don´t know what i´m talking about, with the coronavirus crisis, the federation made a decision for the segunda B: no relegations and more promotions than ever, rising the teams to 102. The next season will be a temporary one, with the creation (in 2021/2022) of a new division called "Segunda B Pro" in an attempt to emulate leagues like Sky Bet League 1 or Bundesliga 3. The promotion will be incredibly difficult to be coded in a game like this.

EgwS9fpWAAMprLk.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I have started as Barcelona since I was there on my Stag Do 2 weeks before the world went into lockdown this year. I have decided to move on a lot of the older players like they are doing IRL at the moment and will look to build the new generation of the team. 

I will have a transfer update soon.

Anyone else still playing in Spain?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ewan0404 said:

I have started as Barcelona since I was there on my Stag Do 2 weeks before the world went into lockdown this year. I have decided to move on a lot of the older players like they are doing IRL at the moment and will look to build the new generation of the team. 

I will have a transfer update soon.

Anyone else still playing in Spain?

I don't know whether this thread might help you in your Barca journey 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I don't know whether this thread might help you in your Barca journey 

 

I saw that thread but just thought this one would become more active.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Season one transfers at Barca are done.

On the outgoing we have:

image.thumb.png.4130e095ebeae7365b4a2879c2dc451a.png

We have then went to spend a lot of money to essentially futureproof our squad (including some of the players already out on loan)

image.thumb.png.44fa11dacbbe1ed7d504843aad3c8595.png

A lot of deals in instalments, which may bite me in the ass later on.

This leaves my starting like up looking like this for the season:

image.thumb.png.59594a60616a9c7e2bc161a353e387cc.png

I hope that my front 4 will be free flowing and destroy teams and smash goal records.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Hello. I am going to try and take another underachieving team to the Top. This time from Segunda League. I am thinking Malaga.

I really like Malaga. I'll be interested in following your career. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...