Help adding custom kits to custom added teams.

Daz2205

I've downloaded the custom lower English league database and I'm currently playing with Hatfield Town who I have gotten all the way up to League 2 and I've always said to myself once I get to this league I'll add a custom kit for immersion's sake.. heh. However I've reached a stumbling block as to how to actually go about adding the (yet to be created) kit to the actual game its self as I don't have the foggiest where to add it. I have all the regular Premier League kits/trophies ect as standard. So my question is;

How to I add kits to teams that have been created through a custom database? I've got the ID numbers and even tried adding a new line inside existing kit folders with ID and picture name ect but nothing. Any help?

Thanks!

Just follow the next options:

1) Assuming you don't have any custom graphics in your computer applied (ie logos, kits, skins, etc.

a) Go to: \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020

b) Create a folder called "graphic" without the quotes.

c) Create a folder with your club's name (for the sake of organizing)

d) Inside the folder created in step "c", create another folder with the name "small"

e) Place your logo in the main folder (of your club) 180 x 180 pixels.

f) create a file (inside the folder with your logo) with "Notepad" with the name "config.xlm", with the following:

<record>
	<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->
	<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
	<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- picture mappings -->
	<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
		in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
		place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
		files from the correct places
	-->

<list id="maps">
        <record from="Nameoffileinfolder" to="graphics/pictures/club/IDofyourteaminthegame/logo"/>
	</list>
</record>

Where:

• Nameoffileinfolder: you will replace with the name of the jpg/pgn graphic file in your folder. And,
  • IDofyourteaminthegame: you will replace this with the ID of your team when you open your save in your game.

How to get the ID:

• Open your saved game.
  • Go to Preferences.
  • In the search box write ID
  • Tick "Show screen ID in Title Bar to assist skinning"
  • Click "confirm"

g) In the small folder place the same logo, only with the size 20 x 20 pixels.

h) Repeat the process of create a config.xlm file, just changing the last bit of the line "logo" to "icon". 

2) If you already have the graphic folder and have custom kits, just do the following:

a) Create a folder with your club's name (for the sake of organizing) inside the graphic folder.

b) Inside the folder created in step "a", create another folder with the name "small"

c) Place your logo in the main folder (of your club) 180 x 180 pixels.

d) In the small folder place the same logo, only with the size 20 x 20 pixels.

f) You can create the config.xlm file as the first option, or copy an existing file and edit it (this is harder, but if you think you can do it, just do it)

g) Remember that the small logo is called "icon"

Double check the IDs, and once you have done that part in your computer, return to your game, then back to preferences and:

• In the button "Reset" (bottom left) select "Clear Cache"
  • Then "confirm" or "reload skin"
  • And voila, go to your club and your kit has been applied.

Appreciate the help but alas I think I've got to admit defeat here. I've followed everything to a T and yet it just doesn't seem to want to change. Tried for almost an hour now redoing everything over and following closely. Maybe this database can't be changed.

AH! Success! I changed the line 

<record from="Nameoffileinfolder" to="graphics/pictures/club/IDofyourteaminthegame/logo"/>

to;

<record from="Nameoffileinfolder" to="graphics/pictures/team/IDofyourteaminthegame/kits/home"/>

That seems to have done it. Thanks again for your help, couldn't have done it without your help, very much appreciated!