Jump to content

Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

On 01/07/2020 at 23:37, tajj7 said:

Just finished a season and had 22 penalties in total awarded from 59 games, which is more than 1 every 3 games.  50 goals in total from set pieces in the league, and 4 penalties were missed as well. 

Set pieces being OP is quite annoying, along with players shooting into the side netting from the byline instead of cutting it back. These two issues are the only thing plaguing me personally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13mins later and (he's right footed) sees that he can't round the keeper. Seems to fake going across goal to place it in the corner. This team is bottom of the league. No idea why they are this open.

a819f2c240d9057d350ed42ebc07b7fc.gif

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

13mins later and (he's right footed) sees that he can't round the keeper. Seems to fake going across goal to place it in the corner. This team is bottom of the league. No idea why they are this open.

a819f2c240d9057d350ed42ebc07b7fc.gif

 

 

I'll see if i can dig it out, but ive seen some really nice, control on foot, immediately shift to shooting foot and score goals

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Just ran into the 'games scheduled while players are away on international duty' bug.

Carabao Cup game between me and Man U with a combined 13 first team players unavailable due to internationals.

It is ludicrous this bug even made it into the initial release, let alone the final patch.

Something like this happened to me as well. Champions League game was scheduled during international break where most of players from both teams were not available. I guess it happens because we set 'Allow matches to be moved for tv broadcast' thing but not quite sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

4 months until FM21. 4 months...

Against Goal (I am FC Aris): Indirect Free Kick - Far Post
For Goal: Lucky penalty

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.430c675dc7c37d26371f7c5e062ee009.png

Against Goal: Direct Free Kick

Screenshot_1.png

4 months until...

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/06/2020 at 11:44, KingCanary said:

May have been mentioned before, but Liverpool are a bit too good on this game aren't they?

I'm in my third season with Norwich. Since the game started they've won...

Premier League 20, 21 (on course to win 22)

Champions League 20 (semi final in 21)

Club World Cup 20

Super Cup 20

League Cup 20

FA Cup 21

Community Shield 20, 21

 

Liverpool have just won they're 4th in a row, pipping me on goal difference, they're in the Champions League final and they were only stopped from winning the FA Cup by me.

Also at the bottom of the table, teams survived with under 30 points again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 ora fa, Cadoni ha scritto:

4 months until FM21. 4 months...

Against Goal (I am FC Aris): Indirect Free Kick - Far Post
For Goal: Lucky penalty

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.430c675dc7c37d26371f7c5e062ee009.png

Against Goal: Direct Free Kick

Screenshot_1.png

4 months until...

Blame Knap for that :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Federico said:

Blame Knap for that :lol:

Well, 

1st position with underdog team, league winners and having 18 matches unbeaten. 

Not the first time which I saw similar results (total domination - loss at the end) , not only in FM20 version. 

😐

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 horas atrás, Cadoni disse:

4 meses até FM21. 4 meses...

Contra a baliza (Sou FC Aris): Pontapé livre indireto - Pontapé distante
para a baliza: Grande penalidade

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.430c675dc7c37d26371f7c5e062ee009.png

Contra a baliza: Pontapé livre direto

Screenshot_1.png

4 meses até ...

You are punished for having too good a tactic

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Federico said:

Blame Knap for that :lol:

Just a guess (2nd half of post, in particular the set piece part). Plus another tactic that sees no defend duties outside the centre backs applied 24/7. That kinda stuff has always lead to further… curiosities. Arguably the bigger issue still is the winning run with a subpar Team, rather than a one-off match, but heh. :D 

Edited by Svenc
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minuti fa, Svenc ha scritto:

Plus another tactic that sees no defend duties outside the centre backs applied 24/7.

Honestly, I can't see anything wrong with that from a team comfortably leading the table. It's not that he played against Real Madrid you know. Duties or not, his team shoot on target 17 times (39 in total!!!) and this should not happen whatever your tactic.

41 minuti fa, Cadoni ha scritto:

Well, 

1st position with underdog team, league winners and having 18 matches unbeaten. 

Not the first time which I saw similar results (total domination - loss at the end) , not only in FM20 version. 

😐

... And you come here complaining?!?!?!!? :brock:;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Federico said:

... And you come here complaining?!?!?!!? :brock:;)

I have never complained for such a thing, about shoots & results before.

Excuse me. I will never do that again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Svenc said:

Just a guess (2nd half of post, in particular the set piece part). Plus another tactic that sees no defend duties outside the centre backs applied 24/7. That kinda stuff has always lead to further… curiosities. Arguably the bigger issue still is the winning run with a subpar Team, rather than a one-off match, but heh. :D 

I have tried a defend duty in DM - MC area. Results was worst.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Federico said:

Honestly, I can't see anything wrong with that from a team comfortably leading the table. It's not that he played against Real Madrid you know. Duties or not, his team shoot on target 17 times (39 in total!!!) and this should not happen whatever your tactic.

 

It's not the duties, as linked to in my previous post, it's what is effectively being encouraged by pushing every single Player up, in particular against an opposition obviously sitting deep. I don't disagree with the shots -- it's just that if you went all experimental on this, the game has always been a case of: garbage in, ocasionally garbage out. With knap's for instance, for all the success and general results (which nobody doubts), you could have gone 60 shots without scoring way before FM 20. 

Mind you, this a game flaw. Arguably, it's actually a design flaw, what with the game pretending to simulate actual management. However experimental/illogical/unrealistic/overly aggressive tactics have always tended to make the game look even "funnier". :D 

Edited by Svenc
Link to post
Share on other sites

These high shots games reminds me of Chelsea - Watford game last week. Watford was very cautious and I think they just gave too much space for chelsea and could not handle their quality of ball moving. Chelsea just walzed in to box while watford stand static. In those fm high shots games there was 2 dm's formation wich basicly means they just stand in front of defline doing nothing to intercept. One of the biggest differences in real football and FM is forced tendency to shoot and cross. Wich is multiplied because of static narrow defline and overtuned first touches in fm. Ball is too easy to handle and downtuning of defensive movement. While I understand @Cadoni used tactic what really is not about patiency these games are good examples what happens if opposition over defends in FM and in real life.

https://www.sofascore.com/chelsea-watford/zN

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 ore fa, Svenc ha scritto:

Mind you, this a game flaw. Arguably, it's actually a design flaw, what with the game pretending to simulate actual management. However experimental/illogical/unrealistic/overly aggressive tactics have always tended to make the game look even "funnier". :D 

From a certain perspective, FM "must" be funnier whatever the tactic. I more than once watched games in italian serie A where not even 1 single shot on target was delivered in half game. So if, anedoctically, the game was 99% realistic, we would all die of boredom. And I repeat myself again, that's why FM steers away from real life football (and luckily!).

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Federico said:

So if, anedoctically, the game was 99% realistic, we would all die of boredom. And I repeat myself again, that's why FM steers away from real life football (and luckily!).

I thinked same today. :D The day FM comes close realism players start complain they cant affect anything and games just flies by and players play they see fit, ;D And that no matter what they do they lose all the time with that underdog team :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minuti fa, Pasonen ha scritto:

And that no matter what they do they lose all the time with that underdog team :D

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Pasonen said:

I thinked same today. :D The day FM comes close realism players start complain they cant affect anything and games just flies by and players play they see fit, ;D And that no matter what they do they lose all the time with that underdog team :D

It's already happening, Pep is literally complaining about what we would call "getting FM'ed" https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53302856

"We played more than good but it is not enough to win the games,"

"We cannot say we are not a team who score goals this season. We are leading in goals. We create a lot of chances. We are a team who concede less - no team conceded as few chances as us but we lost a lot of games."

(Manchester City have faced the fewest shots in the Premier League with 249 - 59 fewer than Liverpool, who have conceded nine goals fewer)

"It's difficult even for me to find a reason why but you have to insist and talk about the game, the way they play and try to do more, concede as few as possible and score up front."

Maybe he should post in the tactics forum. 

:D

Edited by Nacaw
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing just a ridiculous amount of long range shots scored/conceded. 6 league games into my latest season, and I've conceded at least 1 long range shot in 5 of those games. This just feels like FM19 all over again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, darthlemon said:

I'm seeing just a ridiculous amount of long range shots scored/conceded. 6 league games into my latest season, and I've conceded at least 1 long range shot in 5 of those games. This just feels like FM19 all over again.

Yep. It's so poor. 1/3 of the goals I've conceded in my last 50 domestic games have been long shots (+ don't let me get started on how many of the rest are from set peices, which is equally as bugged)....most of the time its also from players w/ poor long shots / technique also which further highlights the issue. I'm honestly astonished at how the ME is this bad on its 4th patch.

FM20 ME really is a pathetic showing from SI

Edited by Lvpool
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I just experienced the first facture of the femur (!!! actually a bit surprised this kind of injury is existing in the database.....) a player of mine suffered (and of course he is one of my stars) in 15 years of honorable FM career. I think he tried to hold a couple of massive basaltic rocks on his leg, but he failed.

Nothing to worry about though, just a 6 months stop :thup:

Edit: and 3 goals disallowed for offside in 11 minutes. Lucky night eh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 06/07/2020 at 17:37, Nacaw said:

It's already happening, Pep is literally complaining about what we would call "getting FM'ed" https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53302856

"We played more than good but it is not enough to win the games,"

"We cannot say we are not a team who score goals this season. We are leading in goals. We create a lot of chances. We are a team who concede less - no team conceded as few chances as us but we lost a lot of games."

(Manchester City have faced the fewest shots in the Premier League with 249 - 59 fewer than Liverpool, who have conceded nine goals fewer)

 


Yeah, there's a reason why FiveThirtyEight's ranking has them sitting on top. And make no mistake, this City season would be reported as "getting rigged" by quite a few FM Players -- in particular considering that at the same time, Liverpool win Matches in sequence whilst barely having their final shot advantage. :D 
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

As do raw xG rankings have them sitting up top.

https://understat.com/league/EPL/2019

Nevertheless this may also be another case of what we've been arguing for so long: FM's data just isn't sufficient to cover it all (and that may not be the case even with something aping xG). Because whilst raw xG Rankings may look fine, there may still be (defensive) issues if you digged a little further:

https://statsbomb.com/2020/03/how-much-do-manchester-city-need-to-overhaul/

Nevertheless, I'd personally bet on them getting back into a closer title race the next season -- I've actually seen a few bookies listing them as favorites. Also, FM is still in need of more intelligent stats than what it has had now for so long. Plus, the data it has needs to be interpreted smarter, e.g. no final match reports arguing a side was "superior" simply because it had more shots to show on a spreadsheet come the final whistle, and so on.

Edited by Svenc
Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a very 'FM' start to my 5th season (although I've won 2 and drawn 1 of my first 3 games). The opposition has managed 7 shots on target and scored 5 goals. In my first game of the season I beat West Ham 4-2- they had 3 shots all game, the only one that wasn't a goal hit the post and the rebound was tapped in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Svenc said:


Yeah, there's a reason why FiveThirtyEight's ranking has them sitting on top. And make no mistake, this City season would be reported as "getting rigged" by quite a few FM Players -- in particular considering that at the same time, Liverpool win Matches in sequence whilst barely having their final shot advantage. :D 
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

As do raw xG rankings have them sitting up top.

https://understat.com/league/EPL/2019

Nevertheless this may also be another case of what we've been arguing for so long: FM's data just isn't sufficient to cover it all (and that may not be the case even with something aping xG). Because whilst raw xG Rankings may look fine, there may still be (defensive) issues if you digged a little further:

https://statsbomb.com/2020/03/how-much-do-manchester-city-need-to-overhaul/

Nevertheless, I'd personally bet on them getting back into a closer title race the next season -- I've actually seen a few bookies listing them as favorites. Also, FM is still in need of more intelligent stats than what it has had now for so long. Plus, the data it has needs to be interpreted smarter, e.g. no final match reports arguing a side was "superior" simply because it had more shots to show on a spreadsheet come the final whistle, and so on.

Yeah I think the lack of solid data/feedback is a cause of so much of the frustration players feel.

I've played games where, in my opinion, every bit of feedback the game is giving me suggests my tactics are working fine- high shot count, possession, lots of highlights showing good chances and solid build up. Yet I'm sure if I posted them on here I'd be told 'it's my tactics.'

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

Yeah I think the lack of solid data/feedback is a cause of so much of the frustration players feel.

I've played games where, in my opinion, every bit of feedback the game is giving me suggests my tactics are working fine- high shot count, possession, lots of highlights showing good chances and solid build up. Yet I'm sure if I posted them on here I'd be told 'it's my tactics.'

 

I think the stats are fine. It's the interpretation of the stats that is the problem. Even if SI make xG stats available (even though highly unlikely), normal players wouldn't be able to identify what is the problem when they see their team underperforming their xG when they do not have the skill to see what is happening in a match in the first place. In the end you will still end up with complaints with screenshots of xG underperforming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KingCanary said:

I've played games where, in my opinion, every bit of feedback the game is giving me suggests my tactics are working fine- high shot count, possession, lots of highlights showing good chances and solid build up. Yet I'm sure if I posted them on here I'd be told 'it's my tactics.'

I don't think so. Yes, most would say that if you would just post possession stats and shot count but if you would post actual higlights that show that you create good chances consistently that is a different story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, yolixeya said:

I don't think so. Yes, most would say that if you would just post possession stats and shot Count 

Problem is, as soon as a team drops off against an attacking side (it may be yours), that's an insta domination of both of those by total default. Improved feedback may not tell players exactly where they are going mediocre to wrong, which would make the game too easy (at the end of the day, this is all about increasing the chances of scoring against a specific opponent) -- it may give them hints however that there may be something that could be improved at all.

The CCCs and half chances were meant to solve this, but SI's subjectivity and glitches aside, it's obvious nobody knows exactly what they even are meant to encompass. That leaves players with the body language type of feeback, flagging forwards as frustrated/nervous once the scatterbrain approach of throwing bodies forward doesn't work and / or the crucial early/opening goal doesn't come. Even for something as simple as figuring out how many shots would be from genuinelly created from space and open play -- it's a lot of work and clicks to do that.
 

Edited by Svenc
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/07/2020 at 07:38, Svenc said:

It's not the duties, as linked to in my previous post, it's what is effectively being encouraged by pushing every single Player up, in particular against an opposition obviously sitting deep. I don't disagree with the shots -- it's just that if you went all experimental on this, the game has always been a case of: garbage in, ocasionally garbage out. With knap's for instance, for all the success and general results (which nobody doubts), you could have gone 60 shots without scoring way before FM 20. 

Mind you, this a game flaw. Arguably, it's actually a design flaw, what with the game pretending to simulate actual management. However experimental/illogical/unrealistic/overly aggressive tactics have always tended to make the game look even "funnier". :D 

It makes no difference with a good team, recently I've tried to be a bit more pragmatic, try and draw the other team out, get up the field quicker but its pointless as you still hit the same brick wall as the AI just doesnt come out and is also happy passing it around their defence, switch to pressing and pressing is so awful in FM20 that they can still do it, how many times do you see players pressing in packs, closing down passing lanes?

I haven't got much of an issue with defending deep being effective, thats realistic- the issue I have is nobody seems to have thought it might be a good idea to have varied attacking options in the ME as no matter how good your players are the ME obviously hasnt got the variation to do things that unlock defences. Its incredibly tedious, most games I have are an opener from a set piece or penalty from me, then when the AI actually comes out late on I might get a couple more. I don't use downloaded tactics and try and set up my sides sensibly so its not just down to ME breaking tactics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Problem is, as soon as a team drops off against an attacking side (it may be yours), that's an insta domination of both of those by total default. Improved feedback may not tell players exactly where they are going mediocre to wrong, which would make the game too easy (at the end of the day, this is all about increasing the chances of scoring against a specific opponent) -- it may give them hints however that there may be something that could be improved at all.

The CCCs and half chances were meant to solve this, but SI's subjectivity and glitches aside, it's obvious nobody knows exactly what they even are meant to encompass. That leaves players with the body language type of feeback, flagging forwards as frustrated/nervous once the scatterbrain approach of throwing bodies forward doesn't work and / or the crucial early/opening goal doesn't come. Even for something as simple as figuring out how many shots would be from genuinelly created from space and open play -- it's a lot of work and clicks to do that.
 

Agree- I think the issue is that pressing in FM tends to just be a player closing down the player on the ball from far- there are no patterns as you would see from say Liverpool, its not done as a team imo, best you get is with tight marking but with pressing I dont want that, I want space closed down not individual players. On the flipside it is incredibly easy for us to close out matches now as we can take advantage of it too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question in regards to the Premier League rules and homegrown status.

I saw on a previous thread that a player in England can still become homegrown as long as they join before they are 19. However the wording for the premier league rules is:

UVscI0g.png

Which says before their 21st birthday. So would be before they are 18? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two things that need some tweaking for FM21:

* My stinking rich board just wanted me to cancel a player sale of £12 because they feel £12.75 is the least they can accept. That's just bizarre.

* FM can show me 1.5 minutes of absolute nonsense on extended match highlights, just to let the clock tick a few seconds and then cut to an out-of-context corner and a goal for the other team. The reasons for the insane set pieces effectiveness for AI teams put aside, at least let me see what led to that corner and I would feel much less frustrated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my team has reached the tipping point where everyone is sitting deep vs me and god it makes the game tedious.

Every game is now completely the same. I dominate in every statistical measure but scoring goals is an absolute slog and I'm permanently at risk of losing 1-0 to a set piece goal. 

I know it happens IRL but it is just far too often now. My last 3 games I've had 63 shots and scored 3 goals (all of which have come in one game). My opponents have had 24 and scored 2. I can see I've only created 3 clear cut chances but still, at some point you'd expect weight of numbers to win out a bit more

My team almost never out perform their shots/CCC rate, while the opposition don't seem to have the same issue. It is also doubly frustrating as my main rivals, Liverpool, seem to have no issue breaking down and creating clear chances v the opposition but whatever I try I end up with the same issue.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never thought that an worse FM than FM19 can exist. But now we have this utterly crap FM20. The AI is so defensive, which somehow i understand, but after breaking them 1-0 they stay ultra defensive. I'm thinking now i'm going to score 3, but surprise they turtle more. Then the rivals play and win 8-2. I was like, wtf how did they score so many? Looked at the replay, 5 goals scored from fk, corners, crossing. GG!

Can someone explain to me why the fullbacks stay in line? I have one FB(A) and one WB(S)?

Just look at that defensive shape, with 6 at the back. Beautiful.

image.thumb.png.f693a4611f7948108148569b9c7bd3ca.png

 

LE: Why is the DM in the same line as the defenders? No options in the midfield. This is another BUG.

 

image.thumb.png.5771321189ff27bc3d6f9cce3081a885.png

Edited by Muerte706
Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 1 hora, Muerte706 dijo:

I never thought that an worse FM than FM19 can exist. But now we have this utterly crap FM20. The AI is so defensive, which somehow i understand, but after breaking them 1-0 they stay ultra defensive. I'm thinking now i'm going to score 3, but surprise they turtle more. Then the rivals play and win 8-2. I was like, wtf how did they score so many? Looked at the replay, 5 goals scored from fk, corners, crossing. GG!

Can someone explain to me why the fullbacks stay in line? I have one FB(A) and one WB(S)?

Just look at that defensive shape, with 6 at the back. Beautiful.

image.thumb.png.f693a4611f7948108148569b9c7bd3ca.png

 

LE: Why is the DM in the same line as the defenders? No options in the midfield. This is another BUG.

 

image.thumb.png.5771321189ff27bc3d6f9cce3081a885.png

Is he playing as HalfBack role? it would explain it as the HB drops back into the defense but agree is not the right time to drop back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a message from the board which says that they have put money (€200 mil) in reserve fund. Does that mean, in case where everything go wrong (debt) that money will go to clear the debt? That amount of money has been put in club reserve account or director (-s) account?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cadoni said:

I got a message from the board which says that they have put money (€200 mil) in reserve fund. Does that mean, in case where everything go wrong (debt) that money will go to clear the debt? That amount of money has been put in club reserve account or director (-s) account?

It's gone. It's how the game prohibits you from going over the limit for a 32 bit double (2,147,483,647), or the equivalent in whatever language FM is written in. So think about it as into the directors pocket. I think they should change the text to "extra dividends" or something to make it clear it's gone forever.

Edited by XaW
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, XaW said:

It's gone. It's how the game prohibits you from going over the limit for a 32 bit double (2,147,483,647), or the equivalent in whatever language FM is written in. So think about it as into the directors pocket. I think they should change the text to "extra dividends" or something to make it clear it's gone forever.

Thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The set-pieces are really getting at me. I literally spent the whole week training defending set-pieces and still conceded 3. 

On top of that is it just me or does the AI never miss a penalty? But you have a 65% conversion rate at best. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Muerte706 said:

nope, DLP(D)

What are the PPM's for #19? If he has 'Brings ball out of defence', that would explain it. Also, is he consistently doing that? The passing style (short, play out of defence, GK set to pass short) would also make him drop deep, also a playmaker will always look to get the ball.

Edited by goranm
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Ludovit Reis and has none of these traits. the only possible explanation is that he is a playmaker and comes to receive the ball. but that doesn't explain why the fullbacks don't push up the pitch FB(a) and WB(s)  .

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Muerte706 said:

It's Ludovit Reis and has none of these traits. the only possible explanation is that he is a playmaker and comes to receive the ball. but that doesn't explain why the fullbacks don't push up the pitch FB(a) and WB(s)  .

Post a video of your FB an WB not going forward. We can't see that from the picture, we don't know at what moment of build up is that picture, we can't even see where the ball is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Muerte706 said:

nope, DLP(D)

I have same experience with you. I have a DLP (Su) which sits like this. No PPM or "Play Out Defence" TI.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny how people still keep claiming that the ME is favoring the AI. AI scoring from set pieces and having higher penalty conversion rates etc. 

If anything, I would claim that it actually is other way around. Had a couple of tests playing in Finland and testing how the biggest club in the country, HJK, performs under the AI and under me controlling them.

Downloaded a custom skin which showed me the AI role selection for the club. Nothing was terribly wrong with the AI decisions at least in terms of role selection (also had adjusted the HJK AI manager's stats so that he plays rge team in a fairly attacking and high pressing style). On all three test saves the AI manager was sacked in season one. While doing things sensibly well (as far as I was able to see), the AI manager was only able to take them to position 3-8.

Then tried taking over the team myself and trying to do "everything wrong". Took a profile with way low reputation, didn't pay any attention on any small details such as training, interactions or signed anyone. 

Also decided to use a totally senseless tactic with FBs both on defend, three ball winning midfielders in the midfield, poacher up front without any real support and the result was that I won the league with 13 points gap to the second. Also progressed to Europa league group stage with the same "strategy". 

This, as well as many other such examples, really raise a question about how much the game is actually favoring us human players instead of favoring the AI. 

Edited by Broken_Record
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Broken_Record said:

 

Then tried taking over the team myself and trying to do "everything wrong". Took a profile with way low reputation, didn't pay any attention on any small details such as training, interactions or signed anyone. 

Also decided to use a totally senseless tactic with FBs both on defend, three ball winning midfielders in the midfield, poacher up front without any real support and the result was that I won the league with 13 points gap to the second. Also progressed to Europa league group stage with the same "strategy". 

This, as well as many other such examples, really raise a question about how much the game is actually favoring us human players instead of favoring the AI. 

It's nice to know we truly are playing a terrible ME when nonsense like this works.  The game doesn't favour the AI or human players at all, it's just simply a really bad ME.

Just thought I'd highlight how ridiculous the club vision feature is once again. Having joined Liverpool who haven't won the league or the CL in 3 years, the board now expects to win the league, to get to the final of the CL and to get to the final of the FA cup. They essentially want to get as close to the treble as possible. From a recently appointed coach in his first season. Utter rubbish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WelshMourinho said:

It's nice to know we truly are playing a terrible ME when nonsense like this works.  The game doesn't favour the AI or human players at all, it's just simply a really bad ME.

 

I wouldn't say this issue has anything to do with the match engine itself. For ages we have been seeing human players being way more successful than the AI with strategies that don't make any sense. This makes me wonder, how the AI is actually able to do things even worse when looking at their role selections tells us that they are not actually that bad at selecting roles and duties, at least compared to many of those who stream their gameplay on social media. 

This does make me think that the game could be favoring human players somehow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Broken_Record said:

I wouldn't say this issue has anything to do with the match engine itself. For ages we have been seeing human players being way more successful than the AI with strategies that don't make any sense. This makes me wonder, how the AI is actually able to do things even worse when looking at their role selections tells us that they are not actually that bad at selecting roles and duties, at least compared to many of those who stream their gameplay on social media. 

This does make me think that the game could be favoring human players somehow. 

You walked the league and had a high level of success with a tactic you created with the intention of it making no sense. That, to me, shows this ME is flawed.

Go into the tactics forum and ask for advice and you'll be told a hundred times over to make a tactic that makes sense. The ME just isn't where it needs to be at this point, and it hasn't been for FM20's entire life cycle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...