Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Hurradiegams said:

Sorry guys, but I need to cope.
I am in my 5th season and currently managing Spurs (my third club)
And this season is the cheesiest, most infuriating season I ever had on any Football manager.
I dominated the dutch league the season before with the same tactic (won like 12 games in a row). And the beginning it looked promising, beating everyone besides the absolute top teams away from home (often getting smacked like 3-0 by Arsenal, City and United) but beat everyone Spurs should be able to beat at this point.

And after like the first 10 games or so the game completely changed for me. I missed EVERY penalty this season (I didn't have much in the first 10 games, atleast not enough that I would have noticed the broken conversion rate). Troy Parrott and Andrea Belotti are top notch strikers at this point and missed 9 out of the last 9 penalties. I tried another penalty taker, missed 2/2.

The amounts of instant red cards I conceived is staggering. Like 4 red cards in 9 games.  I usually dominate games with 30 shots, atleast 10 on target to something like 5 shots and 3 on target by the opponent and can often barely scrap a draw. 
My two strikers are absolutely brain dead when it comes to positioning and can't finish anything that isn't like an open goal (1v1 are pretty rare since I dominate the game and opponents often sit deep). More often than not my defenders decide to join in on being braindead and either turn slow enough they can get disposed by the half way line or head the ball directly to strikers and midfielders who finish 30 yards out - top bins. 
Sorry for the rant, but this isn't my first FM, nor is this my first club or the first season on this career. But the amount of times I see completely broken and borderline insulting stuff happening to my team is infuriating. 
I am considering to go back to FM 17 at this point, since FM 20 seems to be broken in so many regards that I think it won't ever get fixed. (1v1s were a big issue before the patch, penalties are still broken imo, defensive cohesion non existing and World Class strikers simply go goal drouts that last 20 games...)

Is 17 better than 18. 20 is unacceptable, so far managed to backdate most 20 data but can't get Euro Cup changes to work for 18. If 17 is better might go to that one

I started a new save this morning and now I find out the Greek tax issue will be fixed in the next update. Now the save is pretty much ruined.

Wish SI would be a bit more transparent about this sometimes. Don't have to give an exact date but at least some indication if an update is a few weeks off. Pretty much done with this company.

8 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

I started a new save this morning and now I find out the Greek tax issue will be fixed in the next update. Now the save is pretty much ruined.

Wish SI would be a bit more transparent about this sometimes. Don't have to give an exact date but at least some indication if an update is a few weeks off. Pretty much done with this company.

Sorry. I don’t mean to be rude. But ...

A save you started this morning!? What, all of a few hours ago? This is the tipping point of being done with this company?

Sure, if you were weeks or even days into it, but I would barely have hit continue in the time you’ve lost for this issue.

Where is the perspective in this!?

3 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Sorry. I don’t mean to be rude. But ...

A save you started this morning!? What, all of a few hours ago? This is the tipping point of being done with this company?

Sure, if you were weeks or even days into it, but I would barely have hit continue in the time you’ve lost for this issue.

Where is the perspective in this!?

Yeah a save I started this morning on my one day off before I work for the next 7 days in two different jobs. The one day I could fully focus on a save and nothing else. 

I don't care, the point remains I am sure that SI have some idea if the next update is coming out tonight, in 1 week or 3 weeks. Transparency isn't going to kill them. 

I've stated this multiple times in this thread, to many upvotes, a lot of the frustration with SI is that they aren't very transparent. This just plays into that bigger frustration. 

Oh I know we'll hear, "We don't give a date because we need to test and another issue may come up" blah blah blah, that's not what anyone is asking for, just some vague idea of what is going on with their product rather than radio silence until bam, it is dropped. 

The worst thing is, I have absolutely 0% confidence that their update won't just cause more problems. 

5 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

Yeah a save I started this morning on my one day off before I work for the next 7 days in two different jobs. The one day I could fully focus on a save and nothing else. 

I don't care, the point remains I am sure that SI have some idea if the next update is coming out tonight, in 1 week or 3 weeks. Transparency isn't going to kill them. 

I've stated this multiple times in this thread, to many upvotes, a lot of the frustration with SI is that they aren't very transparent. This just plays into that bigger frustration. 

Oh I know we'll hear, "We don't give a date because we need to test and another issue may come up" blah blah blah, that's not what anyone is asking for, just some vague idea of what is going on with their product rather than radio silence until bam, it is dropped. 

The worst thing is, I have absolutely 0% confidence that their update won't just cause more problems. 

Don’t we already have a vague idea that the next update will be very soon? Sorry, but why did you start a new save when we know an update will drop very soon?

I get you want more transparency, but where’s the patience?

3 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Don’t we already have a vague idea that the next update will be very soon? Sorry, but why did you start a new save when we know an update will drop very soon?

Because with SI you never know. The update could be out tonight, it could be out in 1 month. It is impossible to tell. And given the problems of recent, it is also impossible to know whether or not the update will actually fix anything. 

Let me give you an example. I am a fan of Marseille. Our captain, Steve Mandanda, is permanently on the lowest level of influence in squad dynamics and it stays like that for as many seasons as he stays. This isn't a problem with French research, it is a problem with the games mechanics. I would wait to start a save in which that is fixed but in real terms I have no idea if that actually will be fixed. Total lack of transparency. They don't have to say "Yes, this will be fixed and on this date" but some communication would be nice. 

Just now, Gee_Simpson said:

I have a feeling it will be released either tomorrow or Monday. 

The last update was on a Thursday if that says anything. 

13 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I have a feeling it will be released either tomorrow or Monday. 

I'd say either today or next week. Don't think they'll release an update on a Friday as if anything goes wrong nobody will be in the office to fix it over the weekend I assume?

2 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

I'd say either today or next week. Don't think they'll release an update on a Friday as if anything goes wrong nobody will be in the office to fix it over the weekend I assume?

Indeed, i don't remember any update released on a Friday. They usually update the game between Tuesday-Thursday

Just guessing really, I don't keep track of the days they release updates :)

Hopefully today then! If not then yeah, Monday. I still feel the disable transfer window bug should have been hotfixed though. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Travis Bickle said:

It's not 'fixed' as it wasn't broken. What happened in real life is Greece changed their tax laws on January 1st. We've looked at it and felt it's something which is safe enough to put into the game for our next update. As always with competition and financial changes they require significant testing before they can be released.

It is something you can change yourself in the editor if you're desperate to start a save game now. 

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

It's not 'fixed' as it wasn't broken. What happened in real life is Greece changed their tax laws on January 1st. We've looked at it and felt it's something which is safe enough to put into the game for our next update. As always with competition and financial changes they require significant testing before they can be released.

It is something you can change yourself in the editor if you're desperate to start a save game now. 

Thanks. 

Sigh. So not today either. 

After seeing the posts here, I was convinced to start a career on FM2017, instead of 20. However, I just wondered and went back to FM2017 winter update feedback thread.

Oh boy..

Would it surprise you that the ME was criticized very harshly and statements were made that it had to be redone completely for the next version?

I just think that we should accept that, a realistic ME is just too hard to code ( and sadly it seems to take too much time and preventing advancements on other parts of the game like AI transfer policy). I just want to think that the code is fair and even if the ME does not reflect it, I lose or win by the moves I've made.  

1 hour ago, Tyburn said:

I'm not being funny but why are you getting at someone for starting a save when they chose to? This is a feedback thread and he is providing relative feedback. The fact we're in March now and this games still riddled with bugs falls on SI and not when someone decides to start their save.

Again, it's March, not November, December or January. I think it's safe to say, he's been patient.

Edited by Quadrophenia88

51 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

Excuse me but it's seems the SI testing team misinterpreted the new changes, as of now the tax on professional athletic clubs is cut down to 22% (https://www.taxheaven.gr/news/46595/tropologia-gia-forologhsh-aolhtwn-ayxhsh-ekptwshs-logw-dwreas-meiwsh-fpa-se-farmaka-apallages-apo-enfia) . The current database uses this 22% accumulative, so instead of a cut, the tax rises to almost over 50%. It's mentioned as a "small bug" by the Greek Head of Research @Peritri in the greek forums  (http://www.fmgreece.gr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=476&t=44517&start=555) and that it will be fixed with the next update.

Other users in the forum tried to fix it with the editor but it didn't work. Also if we take into account that amateur and semi professional training can't be changed (when you try to change the training category, all weeks training vanishes - it's been logged in the bugs subforum) it's not worth to start a new save in Greece at the moment.

I literally want to start a new game, play your game, but I rather not at the moment.

It would be better to have an open beta available and updated for the users in order to report issues before final release of an official update.

10 minutes ago, Quadrophenia88 said:

I'm not being funny but why are you getting at someone for starting a save when they chose to? This is a feedback thread and he is providing relative feedback. The fact we're in March now and this games still riddled with bugs falls on SI and not when someone decides to start their save.

Again, it's March, not November, December or January. I think it's safe to say, he's been patient.

Pretty much this. I've waited for the ME to be fixed, and UEFA coefficients to be fixed until February 20. I bought the game in November and consider the broken ME and UEFA coefficient made the game unplayable. So I waited for that. Now I have to wait for the tax rate in Greece to be fixed, where I often play cause I am a Panathinaikos fan, and I'm still waiting the captain of my other team, Steve Mandanda, to stop being the least influential player in the squad. 

If it gets to the point that a game I bought in November won't half accurately work until the middle of March then I think I am really done with SI products. 

1 minute ago, LazR said:

Excuse me but it's seems the SI testing team misinterpreted the new changes, as of now the tax on professional athletic clubs is cut down to 22% (https://www.taxheaven.gr/news/46595/tropologia-gia-forologhsh-aolhtwn-ayxhsh-ekptwshs-logw-dwreas-meiwsh-fpa-se-farmaka-apallages-apo-enfia) . The current database uses this 22% accumulative, so instead of a cut, the tax rises to almost over 50%. It's mentioned as a "small bug" by the Greek Head of Research @Peritri in the greek forums  (http://www.fmgreece.gr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=476&t=44517&start=555) and that it will be fixed with the next update.

Other users in the forum tried to fix it with the editor but it didn't work. Also if we take into account that amateur and semi professional training can't be changed (when you try to change the training category, all weeks training vanishes - it's been logged in the bugs subforum) it's not worth to start a new save in Greece at the moment.

I literally want to start a new game, play your game, but I rather not at the moment.

It would be better to have an open beta available and updated for the users in order to report issues before final release of an official update.

Exactly this. Part of the reason I play this game is to play with Panathinaikos. I've played with Panathinaikos every year since FM06, including last year when the Greek league didn't actually work properly because too many teams were removed. Why on earth do I have to wait until bloody March to get to emulate Panathinaikos in the real world? It's beyond belief. 

This is the point, you guys keep belittling us for our complaints. Maybe I have selective memory but I never remembered such issues on this scale in FM's past. I always accepted there were bugs till the third patch but this is something else. 

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, LazR said:

Thanks for the clarification. As said will be addressed in the next update. 

1 hour ago, Quadrophenia88 said:

If you can’t see how lacking in perspective the comment was, how pure it was in simply trying to fuel yet more unconstructive anger towards SI, how the next patch is days away not weeks and how completely devoid of actual feedback it was, then I doubt any reason as to why I felt the need to comment on it I would be able to give you would suffice.

What I will add is that the irony of my own involvement is not lost on me.

Balance.

As I write this, more actual feedback has been provided. Although memory is definitely selective as a post a bit further up the page highlights @Travis Bickle.

Edited by Tyburn
Pasting issues

8 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

If you can’t see how lacking in perspective the comment was, how pure it was in simply trying to fuel yet more unconstructive anger towards SI, how the next patch is days away not weeks and how completely devoid of actual feedback it was, then I doubt any reason as to why I felt the need to comment on it I would be able to give you would suffice.

I've offered some really long, well thought out posts in this thread I am sure you will find or I can point you to. 

I am personally just exhausted with the amount of things that are wrong with this game and how SI deal with them. There's no need to take this any further. I categorically won't be buying FM21 until after months of others playing it, they can be sure there are no major issues. Which I guess will be around March or April 2021 if ever again.

Edited by Travis Bickle

2 minutes ago, Quadrophenia88 said:

All I got from this was someone trying their best to sound intellectual but failing to do so and at that I'll leave it there as this is a feedback thread and I don't want to clog it up.

Each to their own opinion but I don't see why someone should be essentially attacked for providing their own experience/opinion.

Well exactly ... 

20 hours ago, craigcwwe said:

No. 

Thanks Craig - will try and persevere with current ME/update then.

Fired up a new save, trying some different combos among my attacking players to see if I can strike upon a successful formula - I'm only two pre-season games into the new save, so trying to be open minded :lol: 

16 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Meanwhile, still sitting here for 2 weeks, waiting for the update cause my brain refuses to let me get into a save without disabling that transfer window that will or will not be fixed because a hotfix to solve a genuine issue that shouldn't have passed testing in the first place was too much to ask. 

So, essentially, from a personal view, I have a game I can't play. 

I'm with you here.

35 minutos atrás, MatthewS17 disse:

Meanwhile, still sitting here for 2 weeks, waiting for the update cause my brain refuses to let me get into a save without disabling that transfer window that will or will not be fixed because a hotfix to solve a genuine issue that shouldn't have passed testing in the first place was too much to ask. 

So, essentially, from a personal view, I have a game I can't play. 

18 minutos atrás, Gee_Simpson disse:

I'm with you here.

+1

My U23 is not playing any of the players i make available for him, generally seems to avoid decent players but simply field the oldest players, even with a lower star rating. Any reason for this?

I dont know if this has been noted before, but as im back to the Bundesliga i remember why i normally dont play it. 80% are games with (heavy) rain. Something which from decades of experience in watching bundesliga is simply not true. This favours heavily direct football styles and defensive formations, which (at least it seems that way to me) leads to bayern and dortmund often underperforming and teams like frankfurt, leipzig etc. with a chaotic pressing-oriented style overperforming.

I am wondering if anybody else has noticed this, maybe for other leagues too

1 minute ago, yandex said:

Wow. Set piece manager 2020 it is.

See you in 7/8 months people. This has to be the most disappointing version yet.

Yeah me too

This time im not pre order the game, i will play the demo first to see how the ME and then decide if you make a purchase 

19 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

February Transfer Update 20.4.0 is available now. Details including changelist here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/515752-football-manager-2020-february-transfer-update-2040-out-now/

Glad the Training right-click thing is fixed.

ME fixes aren't things that can be made easily, or lightly, even if I do think the offensive elements have become a little too awkward in the most recent update (much better during the recent beta, IMHO of course)

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

@Neil Brock

Does this fix Greek tax and the dynamics issue with Marseille?

We've put changes in for the Greek tax issue. The issue specific to Mandanda wasn't data driven so wasn't able to be addressed in the time-frame available. 

Tweaks to lighting for matches and Newgen faces

Hmm hopefully someone shows some screenshots

Btw does anyone know what was fixed in the update before this one? Didnt have internet for 20 days so just go the update and Neil changes the topic with new info and deletes the old info :p