Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

Just want to say thank you guys for releasing a free week (which has since been extended now for another week) of FM20. I have managed to get a lot of mates who were hesitant to buy it since they were afraid of being overwhelmed. Since getting this game on free for a while, they have gotten very hooked and hopefully in turn, to keep them to stay in and obey the guideline of Coronavirus out there. 

Stay safe you guys. <3 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

As someone who despises the graphics and animations on the ME (keep it simple like FM13, so many people on these forums play on 3D and fail to understand poor animations misrepresent what is happening on the pitch, 2D is much more favourable) and has been a huge critic of match engines since 12/13 due to the face that players used to play with personality on there and always had a huge variety of play and goals... quite impressed with the latest update to the ME. But still think going forward a lot more thought needs to go into how the ME is built and improved and maintained going forward. The repeated issues of the last few years can simply not continue. All other areas of the game are great, but the ME is the fundemental aspect of the game which needs to be revolved around. It needs to be right. I don't care about the texture of the pitch, the animations of moves... give me a simple ME either 3D like FM13 or just 2D and make the engine make sense and offer variety. But once again to end this on a positive note from a very harsh critic... it's getting there

The ME and the graphical representation of matches are two separate things.  If the problem is with the positional play, pass selection, AI tactics, lack of finishing etc - that is all the ME and 2D or 3D make zero difference. The graphics engine takes the match events and provides you with a visual representation. The graphics could be just dots on a green background or full 3D FIFA/PES style - neither has any bearing on the ME itself.

3 hours ago, rp1966 said:

The ME and the graphical representation of matches are two separate things.  If the problem is with the positional play, pass selection, AI tactics, lack of finishing etc - that is all the ME and 2D or 3D make zero difference. The graphics engine takes the match events and provides you with a visual representation. The graphics could be just dots on a green background or full 3D FIFA/PES style - neither has any bearing on the ME itself.

The problem being that the poor visual representations, quite often lead people to think the ME is bugged as the representation is false to what has actually happened.

They've tried adding too many animations (compared to 12,13 etc) a lot of which don't make sense and/or are used in the wrong circumstances. Falsely representing what has happened. On 13 you could watch on 3D and be content with what you were seeing as there were fewer animations, and it felt a lot simpler and left a bit of a void for you to use your imagination when a player was taking on another etc. Nowadays it's easier to watch on 2D and use your imagination as to what has happened, as opposed to watching on 3D and being... wtf

Edited by Domoboy23

On 22/03/2020 at 16:01, ajw10 said:

This sums up my FM experience rather nicely. Have a goal disallowed, miss a pen, miss some chances and then either score a long ranger or from a set piece. Mostly I win, sometimes I concede from a set piece. Rinse and repeat

I've looked at the tactics forum which is basically dead. I still question how missing chances is a tactical issue. Just isn't fun at all, despite the fact I am usually winning matches.

Everton v Arsenal_ Match Stats.png

Missed a pen, created chances, wingers shooting instead of squaring and then score from a set piece.

The quality of football can be really good, but it's irrelevant as goals nearly always come from long shots and set pieces

Arsenal v Leeds Utd_ Match Stats.png

1 hour ago, ajw10 said:

Missed a pen, created chances, wingers shooting instead of squaring and then score from a set piece.

The quality of football can be really good, but it's irrelevant as goals nearly always come from long shots and set pieces

Exactly why if i get any match stats like that. I'll reload the save and accept the result 2nd time round. 

14 hours ago, SazoJohnno said:

Just want to say thank you guys for releasing a free week (which has since been extended now for another week) of FM20. I have managed to get a lot of mates who were hesitant to buy it since they were afraid of being overwhelmed. Since getting this game on free for a while, they have gotten very hooked and hopefully in turn, to keep them to stay in and obey the guideline of Coronavirus out there. 

Stay safe you guys. <3 

This raises my suspicions further. If you've got over a weeks long successful save, how less likely are you gonna lose it by not buying it once the free periods over?

On 23/03/2020 at 17:04, Brother Ben said:

@Garethjohn79 You're probably overthinking it, treat yourself , then add this file

You won't regret it

As long as its regionalised correctly after the initial season with the correct teams entering each league. And includes Prestatyn & The New Bangor City.

The last Lower League add on I included would go all over the place and became a right mess.

I can't get a balanced transfermarket or something. I can't get rid of Benzema, Marcelo and especially Bale which might be understandable. But is it normal that no club has interest in them? And then because they have a huge salary. But also
no clubs in China for example doesnt have interest. About Bale its really like real life though, he has a crazy salary so im stuck with him atm. But i was wondering if this is normal in FM? Quite annoying that i cant get rid of them
and what also is weird is that Modric en James are gone because their contract expired but it seems that no club wants them now. And that is just not logic at all. So im thinking that my market is not balanced.

I have a one club save. Spain with 2 leagues only loaded and at advanced put on medium and loaded players from the top 5 leagues and Brazil, CHina and Mls top leagues. I was on like 40k players I think. Anyone who can help me to solve this or am i just stuck with this problem...? 

Edited by f.zaarour

1 hour ago, Garethjohn79 said:

As long as its regionalised correctly after the initial season with the correct teams entering each league. And includes Prestatyn & The New Bangor City.

The last Lower League add on I included would go all over the place and became a right mess.

Ask the creator?

3 hours ago, f.zaarour said:

I can't get a balanced transfermarket or something. I can't get rid of Benzema, Marcelo and especially Bale which might be understandable. But is it normal that no club has interest in them? And then because they have a huge salary. But also
no clubs in China for example doesnt have interest. About Bale its really like real life though, he has a crazy salary so im stuck with him atm. But i was wondering if this is normal in FM? Quite annoying that i cant get rid of them
and what also is weird is that Modric en James are gone because their contract expired but it seems that no club wants them now. And that is just not logic at all. So im thinking that my market is not balanced.

I have a one club save. Spain with 2 leagues only loaded and at advanced put on medium and loaded players from the top 5 leagues and Brazil, CHina and Mls top leagues. I was on like 40k players I think. Anyone who can help me to solve this or am i just stuck with this problem...? 

Way too many players for the leagues you have loaded. Either start adding leagues (which I would do anyway, unless you want to steamroll everything while vacationing basically) or restart the game with a far smaller database.

Soo many bugs 

B Clubs is broken and have been for years.

I have a player that complain about too little quickness training so I add ONE quickness training to the next week and now he is complaining about to MUCH quickness training. I have to deal with thousands of inbox msgs from this one player due to this, it's too damn much.

@Neil Brock Could someone please get back to me on English and particularly Scottish teams performance in Europe? On every long-term save I have, Scotland ends up in the top 10 of coefficients and Man Utd once won the CL 5 times in a row. I'm fed up of the British dominance in Europe. Some of us play this game that aren't British.

29 minutes ago, Federico said:

I'm not sure what are you trying to demonstrate here.

That there is no need to "make teams wider in editor", in order to see central play.

Now, how about you calm down and appreciate some sexy plays from the mighty Dorking Wanderers? :D

7 hours ago, Federico said:

@Zemahh 

I think we all agree that the lack of central play is cronic since a couple of versions, and you coming out with a gif of a single move that can happen along a season of +50 games... sorry it's like saying "hey I'm cool and you know nothing of FM. Watch and learn you bunch of idiots".

Your post is really unfortunate and brings nothing but your haughtiness.

Yep - Have tried to lure a link for his holy grail of a tactic out of him.

Simply false advertising it seems :)

Edited by Toonrock

5 hours ago, Zemahh said:

That there is no need to "make teams wider in editor", in order to see central play.

Now, how about you calm down and appreciate some sexy plays from the mighty Dorking Wanderers? :D

Sweet goals there, I think someone is jealous. I get some great play, not all goals but pleasing to watch and makes me jump out of my chair when they shave the post. 

Great to see your doing well mate, keep it up...

6 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

@Neil Brock Could someone please get back to me on English and particularly Scottish teams performance in Europe? On every long-term save I have, Scotland ends up in the top 10 of coefficients and Man Utd once won the CL 5 times in a row. I'm fed up of the British dominance in Europe. Some of us play this game that aren't British.

The game is not coded to favour any league but the leagues that you have loaded will have a small effect as their reputation may grow at a slight faster rate than leagues that are not loaded.

On 24/03/2020 at 12:20, ajw10 said:

Same old story. Big fan of the decision making. I conceded my goal because Pepe decide to dribble out 3 times and lost the ball. I'm sick of seeing wide players shoot from stupid angles when there's a simple pass to play to the forward.

Ah yes, strikers. No wonder they aren't scoring.

There's just a real lack of goals. It's no surprise that the top scorers are tall players - that's because heading is massive on this game

A quick scan of the 5 top leagues shows that the only player to have broken the 20 mark at this stage is Mbappe on 21.

Arsenal v Everton_ Review.png

Premier League_ Stages.png

Premier League_ Player Detailed.png

In reality the german Bundesliga Top Goal Scorers historically had an era where they barely made it above 20 Goals per Season and often even had below 20 like as low as 17 Goals per Season.

This only changes when Superteams arise and their Top Goal Scorer can take advantage of their Clubs competitive superiority that they can achieve more than ~30 Goals per Season and 40 Goals happened once in 1972.

Ofc this may vary from League to League...

10 hours ago, Toonrock said:

Yep - Have tried to lure a link for his holy grail of a tactic out of him.

"Please spoon-feed me your tactic."

No. You were the one complaining about the match engine not allowing you to score goals, only to find out only chances you're creating are crosses that you expect your lone striker to finish consistently, because he should be able to "just direct them into the net". I then took the time out of my day to explain to you why you're having trouble and posted plenty of screenshots of my strikers scoring just fine in the same formation you're using, only to be called a liar.

I haven't seen you ask "why am I not scoring goals with this tactic" or "what tactic to use to get the best out of Lukaku" once, instead your first reaction is to come into the official FM20 feedback thread and complain about the game. And majority of posts in this thread are like this, it seems some of you literally see red if someone dares just as much as to suggest the match engine isn't broken.

Like I said previously, if you need tactical advice, make a new thread in the appropriate forum section and I will gladly help you out; or someone else will, there's people far better than me at tactics constantly helping others out in the Tactics Discussion forum. But don't come at me with "post your tactic or you're lying" nonsense, because it just shows your whole attitude, really.

I think FM20 is definitely capable of producing good looking football. Not with every tactic, not with all players, not every single match, but that's football. The complexity of the match engine is such there's people out there literally writing books about it, yet it seems to me some of you expect mouth-watering plays and 35 goals per season to just happen. Because if not, the match engine is this, the match engine is that and the game sucks. :lol:

Edited by Zemahh

38 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

I think FM20 is definitely capable of producing good looking football.

Good that you're enjoying it! Its just sad AI and Standard tactics are not able to come closer real football. But the work goes on and sun is still setting and rising. :D

Edited by Pasonen

17 hours ago, Zemahh said:

You mean like this?

giphy.gif

mbkKvqN.png

Nice movements.

I have see it from my team, about 2-3 times during the whole season.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I've recently bought FM2020 (PC Touch Version) I'm always losing my talented youngsters (according to my HoYD) to bigger clubs, I'm aware this is kinda realistic, but there must be a way of me keeping hold of some of them?

What happens is, I get the Youth Intake and I offer a Youth Contract to the ones that looks like they could develop well or simply add some depth to my B Team. However, as soon as the agree to the Youth Contract a bigger club (eg. A. Bilbao) come in an offer him a contract, they always agree. Is there a way of me attempting to keep hold of them?

1 hour ago, Muja said:

Just check the top assist-men list of the league in your current save, do it right now - they'll all be wingers and fullbacks, with almost no exception. Then compare it with the one in the real world - in Serie A most players in that list are AMC or even CC. 

This is Serie A March 31st 2040 in my game. Top 20 players with assists. 31 rounds have been played. Well, there are 4 teams on 30 games but that's probably because it's a Saturday.
Not trying to prove anything for nor against. Just saw that bolded part and decided to boot up my own save to see what it looked like. This was the result.

79102069_Merknad2020-03-26175648.thumb.jpg.6c720e2c33b8c298f9deffd39378a712.jpg
1532754585_Merknad2020-03-26175652.thumb.jpg.653c8573fc7c4f12853d27a616cab0c8.jpg

1. Brckovic - MC - AP
 2. Leo - MC - DLP
 3. Company - MR - W/DW
 4. Poli - MC - DLP
 5. Kostic - AMR - W
 6. Camino - MC - AP/RP/DLP
 7. Anchila - DMC/MC - DLP
 8. Di Mauro - MC - DLP/CM
 9. Lucumi - AMC - AP/AM
10. Noah - ML/AML - W
11. Diaz - AMC - AM/AP/SS
12. Da Rosa - AML - IF/IW
13. Villaruel - DMC - DLP
14. Silva Souza - AMR - IW/IF
15. Urbini - ML/AML - IW/WP
16. Kirev - CM - DLP
17. Carnevale - CM - DLP
18. De Fraia - FB/MR/AMR - CWB/W
19. De Lange - SC - AF/P
20. Valdir - SC - AF

1 hour ago, roykela said:

This is Serie A March 31st 2040 in my game. Top 20 players with assists. 31 rounds have been played. Well, there are 4 teams on 30 games but that's probably because it's a Saturday.
Not trying to prove anything for nor against. Just saw that bolded part and decided to boot up my own save to see what it looked like. This was the result.

79102069_Merknad2020-03-26175648.thumb.jpg.6c720e2c33b8c298f9deffd39378a712.jpg
1532754585_Merknad2020-03-26175652.thumb.jpg.653c8573fc7c4f12853d27a616cab0c8.jpg

1. Brckovic - MC - AP
 2. Leo - MC - DLP
 3. Company - MR - W/DW
 4. Poli - MC - DLP
 5. Kostic - AMR - W
 6. Camino - MC - AP/RP/DLP
 7. Anchila - DMC/MC - DLP
 8. Di Mauro - MC - DLP/CM
 9. Lucumi - AMC - AP/AM
10. Noah - ML/AML - W
11. Diaz - AMC - AM/AP/SS
12. Da Rosa - AML - IF/IW
13. Villaruel - DMC - DLP
14. Silva Souza - AMR - IW/IF
15. Urbini - ML/AML - IW/WP
16. Kirev - CM - DLP
17. Carnevale - CM - DLP
18. De Fraia - FB/MR/AMR - CWB/W
19. De Lange - SC - AF/P
20. Valdir - SC - AF

Are you actually managing in Serie A, or is it simulated in background? You can check this easily if you try to view a match. In the latter case you won't be able to.
I'm asking you this because I've noticed that in my save, the top assist-men list in the Bundesliga is realistic-looking like yours (Havertz is often at the top of the list), but it's been simulated so no real match has been actually played by the ME.
Maybe when the ME is not directly involved the game returns more realistic results with more variety.

P.S.
In which year are you playing, dude?? They're all regens! :lol:
Or did you start a new game without real players?

Edited by Muja

In-game i've been with Roma for 2 or 3 matches, after moving from Rosenborg - Norway.
So this will not have been on full detail.

I'm in 2040. Haven't played the game for a while though. I'm in an FM pause period :D

59 minutes ago, Muja said:

Are you actually managing in Serie A, or is it simulated in background? You can check this easily if you try to view a match. In the latter case you won't be able to.
I'm asking you this because I've noticed that in my save, the top assist-men list in the Bundesliga is realistic-looking like yours (Havertz is often at the top of the list), but it's been simulated so no real match has been actually played by the ME.
Maybe when the ME is not directly involved the game returns more realistic results with more variety.

P.S.
In which year are you playing, dude?? They're all regens! :lol:
Or did you start a new game without real players?

Never mind that, I see now you're managing Roma.

This is mind-boggling. So it's just my save? For three years in a row?

59 minutes ago, roykela said:

In-game i've been with Roma for 2 or 3 matches, after moving from Rosenborg - Norway.
So this will not have been on full detail.

Aaah, there it is. It was too weird to be true, I'd be going insane if that wasn't the case :lol:

Just now, Muja said:

Never mind that, I see now you're managing Roma.

This is mind-boggling. So it's just my save? For three years in a row?

No clue. I wouldn't know what it has been like in other leagues (it's sort of a journeyman career save) as i haven't really taken any notice of it at all in my game.

1 hour ago, roykela said:

No clue. I wouldn't know what it has been like in other leagues (it's sort of a journeyman career save) as i haven't really taken any notice of it at all in my game.

If you've only been playing in Italy for 3 matches then all those stats might have been "simulated", as I said earlier, before your arrival .
When you have the time and if you remember about it, try to see if you can view the older matches of the league before you jumped in. If you can, I stand corrected. Otherwise, you'll soon notice the trend I mentioned with most assists coming from wingbacks and fullbacks

I'm really curious, so let me know!

Edited by Muja

10 minutes ago, Muja said:

If you've only been playing in Italy for 3 matches then all those stats might have been "simulated", as I said earlier, before your arrival .
When you have the time and if you remember about it, try to see if you can view the older matches of the league before you jumped in. If you can, I stand corrected. Otherwise, you'll soon notice the trend I mentioned with most assists coming from wingbacks and fullbacks

I'm really curious, so let me know!

Yup, will check. Just give me some time. Have some other to-do's at the moment, but i'll check as soon as i can :thup:

4 minutes ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

There's a new update? I just needed to install on steam an update, something special ?

2040.1 ME

Just now, WilltheWolf92 said:

That happend today? You like the new things they did?

I have no idea what they have changed, mate. Just received

• Administrators

20.4.1 is just an update changing the banner on the main menu. Unfortunately the system that normally does these in a much simpler fashion was broken previously, hence why the update is larger than it would be normally when we update something like this. 

It's the only change included. Thanks. 

13 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

20.4.1 is just an update changing the banner on the main menu. Unfortunately the system that normally does these in a much simpler fashion was broken previously, hence why the update is largely than it would be normally when we update something like this. 

It's the only change included. Thanks. 

I don't understand why I got an update for "free week extension" since I own the game.

I was hoping for bug fixes (plenty of them is in bug section - under review or known issue)