Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

alot of people can tell you that some tactics droped in perfomanse after last update

Yep - the way my Napoli team performed in the final third was notably different following the update, with no change to the tactics or playing staff.

My striker in particular seemed to suffer.

More frustrating still is the way every AI team seems to just pack out their 18-yard box (not something I've been able to replicate myself, for whatever reason, so I concede goals I'm never able to score...)

Edited by duff33
Additional comment

33 minutes ago, duff33 said:

My striker in particular seemed to suffer.

On 11/03/2020 at 12:22, TheInvisibleMan said:

My strikers are simply none existent.

On 11/03/2020 at 15:25, Meraklija Vujevic said:

...main striker scored only 9 goals definitely current match engine is disaster.

Yet here I have three bang average strikers with 49 goals between them.

AjlO2mo.png

2 hours ago, duff33 said:

Yep - the way my Napoli team performed in the final third was notably different following the update, with no change to the tactics or playing staff.

A lot of people may tell you that their performance suffered after the patch. This was not due to the patch, which did not change the ME at all.

35 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

A lot of people may tell you that their performance suffered after the patch. This was not due to the patch, which did not change the ME at all.

My striker was league top scorer at half season with one goal per game, then went scoreless for 16 games before a brace in final match of the season... same players, same tactics... whole season on 20.4 :D

Alberto Rossini_ Inbox.png

Edited by kandersson

1 hour ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I've seen things like this before, to the extent that I think there should be a mechanism to delay an update taking effect until the closed season.  I'm not sure what it could be, but something does often get affected when a non-ME update is applied. It's almost as if something related to a team's momentum gets reset - some cached data for the save perhaps.  It's really difficult to nail down, but it happens.

After having tested now (a lot) in 20.4  here´s my feedback (Been testing with Dortmund):

Positives:

- The whole gameplay experience (Graphics, menus and generel look). Next to perfect.

- Some of the combination play in the ME is a joy to watch. And long shot goals.

Negatives:

- Almost all other things regarding the ME;

* Way too many chances missed. Carelessly and just not good finishing (One or two patches back, it really seemed as you had got it right though).

* So many attempted crosses get blocked by full-backs, not much deliverance into the box - And when it happens, rarely finds a man.

* Key Highlights are way too few - Have tried several tactics now, and all with similar issue compared to earlier FM-versions.

* Strikers get too little involved, not least when it comes to scoring goals.

* Strikers move oddly. When been playing with two up front, it almost seem they are staying way too close to eachother sometimes (Eventhough they got M.I.C)

* Players sometimes runs past the ball, fx. before an opportunity to cross the ball (first time). What´s with that(?)

* Too many goals from set-pieces / corners.

* * * All in all; The ME just have too much predictability and is simply not utterly joyfull to play (Many simular situations - Unlike fx. FM17 & FM18 gameplay).

> My suggestion; USE THE TIME NECESSARY to get the most important part of the whole game (the ME) polished, optimized and ready. If you test it now 10.000 times, then bring that number to 30.000 times. - If this means a release of FM every two years to buy you that time, then so be it.

The ME is that important imo. - Quality Over Quantity (Everytime).

Edited by Toonrock

The ME issue, is known, but i have to say this vid. made me happy when it happened, even it is with a good team. This is how i want my team to play. Searching for the third man run and with short passing (1 or 2 touches). But ye the other problem is, i dont know if i really have direct influence on it so that my team plays more like this, because it quite doesnt happen often or lets say mostly never lol. But if the ME does this kind of play more often as you set up your tactic, it would be great to play and bring enjoyment for sure. 

7 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

The ME issue, is known, but i have to say this vid. made me happy when it happened, even it is with a good team. This is how i want my team to play. Searching for the third man run and with short passing (1 or 2 touches). But ye the other problem is, i dont know if i really have direct influence on it so that my team plays more like this, because it quite doesnt happen often or lets say mostly never lol. But if the ME does this kind of play more often as you set up your tactic, it would be great to play and bring enjoyment for sure. 

:eek:

What sorcery is this?!?! 

22 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

:eek:

What sorcery is this?!?! 

Hope you dont mean the awful vid. quality lool. But ye i was quite shocked (positively) too, as this was the first time i saw some play like this.  

Btw maybe you know the answer on this, ...where can i find the plays i recorded during the games...? 

Edited by f.zaarour

1 hour ago, f.zaarour said:

It quite doesnt happen often or lets say mostly never lol. But if the ME does this kind of play more often as you set up your tactic, it would be great to play and bring enjoyment for sure. 

Definitely a great goal! - But yes; It happens practically never :( ..And from what I could see, (again) not the striker scoring (Nice assist though) :)

Edited by Toonrock

9 hours ago, duff33 said:

Anyone else feel like the injury frequency has increased since the Winter Update?

There were no changes to the injury module in the last update, so it is just coincidence if the injury frequency has increased.

Online games are so slow.. me and my friend trying to play online season but its super slow.. in FM 19 it was quicker

any tips ? we are using default skin, no other programs in the background.. and if we play alone with our personals saves the game is super smooth

So, 3 games straight that my left back got 0% cross completion rate.. Literally all he could find was the opposition fullback's shin in 3 games..

Anybody can update me what happened to the improved ME around the Public Demo released last time?

I read people giving positive feedbacks then, hence why I bought the game.

Now after started playing, I'm experiencing all the problems known when the game was first released?

Did I missed an update/download for the good ME?

Poor practice from SI.

Just want to give further feedback on this from last time I did - 

ME, as far as I can see and I play on highlight only to be fair, are doing well. 
Injuries - no complaints here. I have been extremely unlucky in this case but just pure coincidence that my winger that I signed has gotten injured for 8 months, just a month after I signed him. 
Board (and the vision) - no complaints. I am well aware that vision and etc are difficult to be reflected for the real life but for first year, it is extremely well done. 
Takeover - this is one of the complain I have as it seems to happen quite frequently and might need to be toned down. I have gotten taken over at Ajax with a new board and just barely 2-3 months later, new rumours of a takeover. AZ, Feyenoord and Waalwijk are going through the similar thing so I feel the frequency in this league should tone down a little at least. Can't speak for other leagues however as i have no experience elsewhere. 

Keep up the good work :thup:

Yes the game has problems, yes there is probably too many goals from set pieces, but I honestly don't think the game (ME) is as bad as people on here make out. Most people who don't have an issue don't say anything, it's always the people who have a problem that make their feelings known e.g. for different products like smartphones, online retailers etc.

On 12/03/2020 at 19:51, Toonrock said:

* Way too many chances missed. Carelessly and just not good finishing (One or two patches back, it really seemed as you had got it right though).

This is the frustrating part for me. I feel like they'd produced a good match engine and the changes from the beta were a real improvement. Now it seems to have regressed slightly and they're not willing to make any further changes 😞

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Yes the game has problems, yes there is probably too many goals from set pieces, but I honestly don't think the game (ME) is as bad as people on here make out. Most people who don't have an issue don't say anything, it's always the people who have a problem that make their feelings known e.g. for different products like smartphones, online retailers etc.

Sounds like you´re having a good experience with the ME - Could I try out your tactic then? (Coz all the tactics I´ve tried, has the issues I´ve reported) :)

Edited by Toonrock

34 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

This is the frustrating part for me. I feel like they'd produced a good match engine and the changes from the beta were a real improvement. Now it seems to have regressed slightly and they're not willing to make any further changes 😞

It seemed like they forgot to include the improved ME in the subsequent updates.. :idiot: Just no reason why it would go back to original ME without any improvements!

I've been mostly a lurker to these forums since 2006 I've registered -Played so much CM 2001-02 before. But apart from Rashidi's youtube videos I don't see much insight for the tactical side of game lately -New tactical instructions introduced in last 2 versions -I don't see much enthusiasm about roles and about the simulation of those. And I see Neil lately only reply to Leicester City topic, it should definitely be an English game. That should be more important. ;)

Edited by baris28

Ok so I have been giving the game one final shot after previously stating my frustration with the ME.

And to my surprise, I'm actually enjoying this save. There have been no over the top amount of set piece goals and I've actually managed to score some goals from through balls. One goal I scored really surprised me was when Minamino scored from a back header flicked into the box from a throw in. 

I haven't lost a game and have only conceded 1 goal in 11 league games so far. A lot more central play is noticeable (but would still like to see some more).

You would swear there was a patch uploaded without any confirmation given :)

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

44 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Indeed it does. At the end of the day its a videogame so logic ain't its strongest point.

https://i.gyazo.com/37d9c88ce4cb778dac5bfb25893e4990.png

Nice results. I'm starting as Man Utd this weekend but not expecting to do as well as that. I'll be starting with the first window disabled, I would be happy to finish in the top 4.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

13 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Not sure I agree totally with that.

I'm still experiencing a few of the problems with the ME and the interface not doing what it did when it was first launched, I can still only run the game with graphics turned to lowest settings.

It's not great but I still keep plugging on, no point in posting complaints on here as although they are logged as bugs no more updates are expected this season so we are stuck with it now.

The sheer lack of communication/information coming from Si is annoying.  

Am I the only one who gets fed up with 1on1s always being missed? My star striker had 5, 1on1s in the last game. None scored. 4 on target. 1 went wide. He's about 3x better than anything else in my league. Meanwhile if my average DMC gets a chance he can regularly bang free kicks in from 35 yards out. It is very, very frustrating.

Edited by Travis Bickle

19 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Online games are so slow.. me and my friend trying to play online season but its super slow.. in FM 19 it was quicker

any tips ? we are using default skin, no other programs in the background.. and if we play alone with our personals saves the game is super smooth

Anyone? please

23 minutes ago, Toonrock said:

A 3 year time span.... Hehe great:lol:  -  In FM it´s a more like a 3 game span :)

So 3 season's running it's happened to the best side in the league yet you think it's stupid to happen in a game because "Palace don't have the defence of Atletico".

10 minutes ago, jbutton said:

So 3 season's running it's happened to the best side in the league yet you think it's stupid to happen in a game because "Palace don't have the defence of Atletico".

Best side? Do you mean Liverpool?:)

Doesn´t happen in just one game, happens way too often in generel in FM.

Just gotta say; To all of those on the forum saying ´everything is just fine´ and ´I have no problems scoring´; Just leave your tactics in the thread or Tactics-section, so it´s there to try out and test :) ...But really doesn´t happen, does it now(?)

Edited by Toonrock

1 hour ago, Travis Bickle said:

English teams dominate way too much in Europe, and Scotland is even more unrealistically overpowered. I know it is a British product but come on...

The Scotland thing is ludicrous (Celtic in my save) and needs testing by someone with the editor by swapping out to low attribute players. Is it the teams' reputation driving those overpowered results for Scottish teams, or is it the players that have overpowered attributes due to being over-rated by the researcher and uncorrected by SI in relation to other players in the database? 

If it's reputation driving results in the ME. what are we actually doing by changing players and tactics? Reputation shouldn't affect results; only things like recruitment and sponsorship- it's a measure of past performance; not the team's current ability on the pitch (see Man Utd for details).

Edited by rp1966

7 hours ago, pizzachips said:

as Man united: 30 odd scouts out searching for under 18 but when i search the world for 16 yr olds only 17 are found.

surely thats wrong- any idea? nothing else is filtered

image.thumb.png.32c64fe2437b327590180adee941b25b.png

You have no scouting packages

4 hours ago, rp1966 said:

The Scotland thing is ludicrous (Celtic in my save) and needs testing by someone with the editor by swapping out to low attribute players. Is it the teams' reputation driving those overpowered results for Scottish teams, or is it the players that have overpowered attributes due to being over-rated by the researcher and uncorrected by SI in relation to other players in the database? 

If it's reputation driving results in the ME. what are we actually doing by changing players and tactics? Reputation shouldn't affect results; only things like recruitment and sponsorship- it's a measure of past performance; not the team's current ability on the pitch (see Man Utd for details).

It has actually been this way for many years. I've always known that if I'm managing a top club in Greece, Belgium or Russia and I get a Scottish team in CL qualifying that I'll lose. It is part reputation but it is more CA/PA when I look at it. English clubs dominating due to financial power is one thing, but Scotland consistently ending up in the top 7 of UEFA coefficients is ridiculous.