Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

The game is processing faster for me but when I have left the game open when letting my laptop sleep, it has been unbelievably slow upon my return. Obviously I can reload, not really a problem, but I figured this wasn't intentional and I like to wait until the summer to log out and patch and would not be able to do that at the moment.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What’s going on here all over them 2 matches in a row there’s no excuse for there results and I drew and lost with stats like that and also the passing is worse.

please for the love of god please roll back to the beta as the update has made the game worse and to be honest I don’t care if I lost every game but ffs this is a joke when you team is so dominant and you spank teams be you don’t score and you have a team that some awesome 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by djwillster

19 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

I've had 2 cases of broken legs and 1 cruciate ligament within 9 months on this patch. Seems a bit extreme. Maybe I am unlucky. 

You and me both, 3 broken legs in 2 months, 2 broken arms... Putting it down to horrible luck for now, but I'm pretty sure I've never had 3 players out with a broken leg at once before. :lol:

10 hours ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

I don't know if It Is an issue linked to new patch 'cause i cheked It only now, but in my save i'm in 2042 and there Is something weird with club reputation in France. 

Despite the France League isn't rise (the best are always english, spanish, german and italian league), the france clubs have all higher reputation with even the bottom team in L1 like Bordeaux or team without throphies like Valenciennes have continental or worldwide reputation. 

(While in other leagues the situation seems normal)

Anyone else see that?

I recall reputation going wonky on FM19 long term saves, guess that was never entirely fixed. Just loaded up a 2042 save from FM19 and every German Bundesliga club has worldwide rep (With the Bundesliga being ranked third) and I also recall some cases with French club reputation skyrocketing.

5 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

I have said it before and will say it again.  I have raised on the bugs forum for a few years now and still not fixed.

I have a decent youngster, good enough for my first team aged just sixteen in the Vanarama National South.  My board accept a bid of £5,500 plus 40% sell on (laughably low, especially as we are not in debt or anything).  I protest and they cancel bid.  More bids come in.  £13,500 plus add ons, all accepted.  I then get the chance to negotiate a £40,000 plus add ons offer (but £13,500 is too good) and get them up to £100,000 plus a 50% sell on.  To cut a long story short, we have bids accepted over my head and others I can negotiate.  So in the end, we have about twenty bids ranging from, £13,500 plus add ons all the way up to £700,000 including add ons plus a sell on fee.  Ridiculous.  He eventually goes for £300,000 plus a 40 % sell on to Fulham.

Why do the board not go back and reject lower bids?

Why accept such blatantly low offers early on, when he is patently good enough to command a higher fee?

Please note, the feature of boards accepting bids is a good one and I like it, despite it being as annoying as heck, but it is realistic, so should remain.  But stop negotiating like a moron.

Player valuation unfortunately remains very wonky, especially for young players or low rep players where clubs bid way above value. Would love to see the board (and players, so they don't think 10k release clauses are fine) to recognize this, so they don't accept stupidly low offers. On top of that, obviously, boards not rejecting old offers if they get a way better one, but unfortunately they don't go back on offers and will accept any offer they deem good enough, even if they already received one that's twice as high.

Unfortunately, I think, a large part of this comes down to clubs/players not really remembering bids. Wish SI would look at that part (anything to stop clubs from spamming the same offer 5x on deadline day :lol:)

14 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

This really should be hotfixed, as it's quite a major bug. 

I imagine that it might be if they are able to identify the issue and fix it before the February Transfer Window patch is released, but remember that it's the weekend, so they likely won't be back in the office to work on it until Monday.

51 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I imagine that it might be if they are able to identify the issue and fix it before the February Transfer Window patch is released, but remember that it's the weekend, so they likely won't be back in the office to work on it until Monday.

Yeah that's true, hopefully we hear from them soon. 

5 games played, goals conceded from corners or free kicks 8. (+2 long shots).  

And I kept a clean sheet in the first game. 

I've also scored 4 from set pieces myself.

So that's 5 games and 12 goals scored from set pieces. 

Pretty much if you have it on key highlights and free kick or corner comes up, every other one is a goal. 

Edited by tajj7

I haven't really experienced the same. Playing with Hannover and it's been great, in fact, I haven't conceded a goal in competitive matches. Here are the stats, I rarely score from corners or free kicks. Enjoying the game at the moment, probably more because I am winning :D.

lmCuPtz.pngwrGZBzh.png3enRSDF.png

Edited by TheVerySpecialOne

17 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

What an embarrassment.

Still gray and brown colors in the crowd

Now the lighting and the pitch in the 3D looks ugly as hell

The ME still have problems with central play

This is the worst ever FM game for me, i just feels SI dont give a... about us.

They don’t.

So after the update i noticed the age-old bug where newgen faces keep changing again, but i don't know if it's always been in fm20 or if the update caused it, has anyone seen it this year?

So some of my white players turned black as usual, and most of them have had their faces completely change and then sometimes change back when i load the game a day later.

I wonder why coding a system for newgen faces is such an impossible task, because it seems like it should be pretty simple, but i think i remember having this same bug since fm 09 or 12.

Games play out like this:

Score a goal against a stronger opposition.

They score a few minutes later/on the next highlight.

This "feature" has persisted in FM since I can remember.

What is it with this game and goals CONSTANTLY being followed up immediately by either a MASSIVE chance or a goal within very few minutes/on the next extended highlight?

Also, when I play Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal... I don't fear their fast combination passing or quick players to make something happen. I fear their set pieces(despite me playing as Burnley and setting my team up for this style of play). I fear Shaqiri, Sterling and Son scoring three headers per game against me.

Who battle tests this game and these updates? How is it not glaringly obvious how set-piece heavy this game is? How many goals from indirect wide and deep freekicks do the testers think is realistic? What real life league are they judging by?

It's ridiculous. Super boring. Set piece manager 2020.

Edited by yandex

35 minutes ago, yandex said:

Games play out like this:

Score a goal against a stronger opposition.

They score a few minutes later/on the next highlight.

This "feature" has persisted in FM since I can remember.

What is it with this game and goals CONSTANTLY being followed up immediately by either a MASSIVE chance or a goal within very few minutes/on the next extended highlight?

Also, when I play Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal... I don't fear their fast combination passing or quick players to make something happen. I fear their set pieces(despite me playing as Burnley and setting my team up for this style of play). I fear Shaqiri, Sterling and Son scoring three headers per game against me.

Who battle tests this game and these updates? How is it not glaringly obvious how set-piece heavy this game is? How many goals from indirect wide and deep freekicks do the testers think is realistic? What real life league are they judging by?

It's ridiculous. Super boring. Set piece manager 2020.

Because it might not be so glaringly obvious.

I don't have the issues you're mentioning. Most of my own goals are from open play and they are placed shots.
Score against a stronger opposition and them scoring the next highlight is nothing i see on a regular basis. Sure, it happens but not regularly.
For me that points towards tactics and/or player mentality.
Especially when you're saying it has persisted in FM since you can remember. It is not what i see in my game(-s).

Don't get me wrong. Not saying it definitely isn't an issue. I wouldn't know from my own experience.
But what are you doing, as a manager, to prevent this from happening? Because that's something you need to do all the time - manage.

Before the update game was very enjoyable. Now in every game i have 1 or 2 goals from free kicks and of course in every match i have penalty kick. Before play through the middle was very nice. Now team play only using the wings. The last thing is a lot of goals. In every match the teams score together 3-4 or more goals.

Just coming towards the end of my first season with the patch. I'm noticing a dip in headed goals (set piece or not) and a huge dip in direct free kick goals but then my starting forward has gone from a 35 year old 6' 8" monster to a deep lying deadly finisher who is really more of a number ten.

I'm not overly bothered about how my team gets the job done but I am seeing loads of central play and my top assist type is actually through ball. This is markedly different to pre-patch. Left is a screenshot from pre-patch a couple of seasons ago and right is post-patch. It's pretty much the same squad, only notable change to starting XI is the forward I mentioned.

1770376067_Screenshot2020-02-16at10_56_11.thumb.png.15a405a7365b503a1d721ed0b48fd61a.png  1735609223_Screenshot2020-02-23at12_47_54.thumb.png.707c075641b8dc2b277fa53fca7fa69c.png

Actual goal type and assist location looks more realistic to me as well (don't have any old comparison screenshots though).

1701996992_Screenshot2020-02-23at12_50_03.thumb.png.000b9bbbd15704bc2e07c87892cda02a.png

623774059_Screenshot2020-02-23at12_50_14.thumb.png.b05b81daa9e42eebc31ddf56867ec2ed.png

The only thing that I'm a little worried about since the patch is processing when I've left the game open. I am definitely finding that when I have the FM window up and I have recently loaded the game, everything works really well (maybe even better than normal, seems so but I don't often quit the game). When I come back to the game after more than an hour or so it is running much more slowly. Is this something that was expected as a bit of a pay off from the tweaks made to how the game processes? I'm also in 2061 so perhaps not optimised for longer games or something I don't know, the only time it's really going to be an issue is like to patch in the off season.

14 minutes ago, likesiamesefish said:

but I am seeing loads of central play and my top assist type is actually through ball

When reading it make sure you go back and see the goals, before the patch I had 9 and about 8 games in it went to 11/12 I think. I went back and watched those games and through balls can be counted as "over the top balls" where the defence was caught out more often than not. I'd also make sure they are through balls aswell as i've been suspicious if they have been recorded correctly (not fully proved). I had one the other day from a through ball and instant goal, it didn't count it so im wary of thinking it could be done vice versa. 

Glad you're getting them though, I've been trying different ways to get to do them but not had alot of look, even tried using 2 AP-S to do it and they provide more key passes which essentially are long/medium balls, weather you can count that as through balls is up to the game and the SI etc. 

6 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

Not played in the game in 2 months due to some of the issues with the ME. Is it worth playing again or are my better holding off until another patch comes out. 

Honestly don't read the forums, make that decision for yourself, watch the games and analyse it with your own eyes and not another cause the bias makes you see there opinion rather than yours (even if its true). 

21 minutes ago, BigV said:

When reading it make sure you go back and see the goals, before the patch I had 9 and about 8 games in it went to 11/12 I think. I went back and watched those games and through balls can be counted as "over the top balls" where the defence was caught out more often than not. I'd also make sure they are through balls aswell as i've been suspicious if they have been recorded correctly (not fully proved). I had one the other day from a through ball and instant goal, it didn't count it so im wary of thinking it could be done vice versa. 

Glad you're getting them though, I've been trying different ways to get to do them but not had alot of look, even tried using 2 AP-S to do it and they provide more key passes which essentially are long/medium balls, weather you can count that as through balls is up to the game and the SI etc. 

I watch the highlights and replays and I'm definitely getting passes through the middle into the box but yeah I can't say for sure that they have all been recorded correctly although I never score from a long ball over the top, teams never play a high line and I don't set up that way anyway. I only really posted the stats because tbh it just sort of seems like pointless feedback without the stats and the ratios overall seem pretty good to me. I mean, they're definitely far more balanced than they were previously. I think the main point is I am winning games by the same sort of margins but my set piece goals have dropped considerably so since this was all they promised in the patch it was all I was really reporting back on.

If anything, I think they may have tweaked how passes from wide areas are recorded. It seemed to me previously that some passes from the wide areas that didn't feel like crosses were being recorded as crosses but I only play on key and don't analyse all that much so it's hard to make a judgement on that one.

On the plus side a lot of the very slow aspect of the game have been fixed. I no longer hang after clicking something innocuous for a good 15 seconds as much. The game still does not feel very well optimized. However, there are so many issues at the moment alongside those being mentioned. I am not one for hyperbole, so I will keep it sensible. 

- Parts of the pre-game editor that were working before have been broken, which in my case completely halts work on a file I am making (this has been reported as a bug).

- The game can still be very laggy. Every now and then clicking on something will cause the game to seize for 10 seconds. This is better, but it still exists. 

- The match engine is just not great this year. By far the most common goal type is from a cross, a free-kick or a corner. This is for the AI vs AI games too, so it is something intrinsic to the game. Central play is lacking. Attacking movement in the attacking phase is poor (it is nice in the defense to attack transition though). Players do not make obvious passes at the correct times with enough frequency. I am still hoping there will be another patch, but I am not sure, because it seems SI do not understand the issues. Fair enough, since the code is likely a beast, not being accusative here. The knock on effect of this is that you do not feel tactical choices matter as much as they should. Which sucks. 

Honestly, I do not find this game as enjoyable as FM19. And this does make me sad. I do not like posting purely critical posts (which is why I did have one nice thing to say at the start). But this year I feel that I need to get this off my chest. This is the first negative experience I have had with an FM iteration. And I do feel like there is little I can do about it. I guess I am just frustrated. 

Its really baffling to me when people say the see through balls in the middle when 90% of the users in this thread dont. Its not even my tactics i tried 5000 tactics, mine and downloaded from others. Even if you do see through balls ( i have 1 or 2 per game to be fair which is still very far from IRL football from teams that do play that style ) you dont score goals from that. That is the issue.

Instead of your IF or Striker with 18 finishing scoring when presented with a through ball he will miss or shoot at the keeper. And then in the next highlight my midge IF with 8 for heading will pop at the far post and sore a header Drogba would be proud of. That is the issue. 

Edited by FM1000

2 minutes ago, FM1000 said:

Its really baffling to me when people say the see through balls in the middle when 90% of the users in this thread dont. Its not even my tactics i tried 5000 tactics, mine and downloaded from others. Even if you do see through balls ( i have 1 or 2 per game to be fair which is still very far from IRL football ) you dont score goals from that. That is the issue.

Instead of your IF or Striker with 18 finishing scoring when presented with a through ball he will miss or shoot at the keeper. And then in the next highlight my midge IF with 8 for heading will pop at the far post and sore a header Drogba would be proud of. That is the issue. 

Not sure if you're referring to me (seems you are since my post about this is just before yours) but that is why I posted a screenshot which shows assists and where they come from to back up what I was saying.

I get the feeling any purely anecdotal feedback is just ignored by SI (and obviously any forum user who has a different experience).

5 minutes ago, FM1000 said:

Its really baffling to me when people say the see through balls in the middle when 90% of the users in this thread dont. Its not even my tactics i tried 5000 tactics, mine and downloaded from others. Even if you do see through balls ( i have 1 or 2 per game to be fair which is still very far from IRL football from teams that do play that style ) you dont score goals from that. That is the issue.

I mean personally I think you're right to an extent, to watch those through balls you'll need to watch alot the game, comprehensive highlights to see it. I legit saw a through ball work through and goal scored yesterday, one touch passing from suso to mata small thread through from the right and suso curled it in far post. You don't see enough of through ball goals is where I think it lies but that's dependant on tactics- Pass into space, having a AP/AM or IW/IF-S and sometimes Attack and dont forget the risky passes and trait. 

Not getting alot of your 2nd part though, although if that was possible it's because they are in the area and they can do that, remember the number attribute is a possibility not a definte figure. If it happened more often then that would ofc be ME/bug given. 

30 minutes ago, likesiamesefish said:

Not sure if you're referring to me (seems you are since my post about this is just before yours) but that is why I posted a screenshot which shows assists and where they come from to back up what I was saying.

I get the feeling any purely anecdotal feedback is just ignored by SI (and obviously any forum user who has a different experience).

Also i think the way through balls are counted right now is wrong. In my stats it says i have scored 34 goals from crosses ( even though i play with cross less often and work ball into the box which is again for me a bug  in the ME) 31 from through balls. If i have really 31 goals from through balls i would not complain i would be very happy. But i watch the game mate. Comprehensive highlights. Some matches even full highlights. No trough ball goals. The stats are wrong.  A pass to feet is not a througl balls. Most of these goals is my striker jumping for a cross ball and heading the ball to my IF feet who takes a shot. That is not the type of football i have my players set up to play. 

image.thumb.png.34fd7e831e7180f0a188b57753e1ea7f.png

Edited by FM1000

20 minutes ago, FM1000 said:

Also i think the way through balls are counted right now is wrong. In my stats it says i have scored 34 goals from crosses ( even though i play with cross less often and work ball into the box which is again for me a bug  in the ME) 31 from through balls. If i have really 31 goals from through balls i would not complain i would be very happy. But i watch the game mate. Comprehensive highlights. Some matches even full highlights. No trough ball goals. The stats are wrong.  A pass to feet is not a througl balls. Most of these goals is my striker jumping for a cross ball and heading the ball to my IF feet who takes a shot. That is not the type of football i have my players set up to play. 

I suggest you go to analysis report, where it says scoring chances, click on it and it should say how many assists you get by through ball in so many games, go to those games and check the goals and lead up to the goals. Then either post the vid here for evidence. I've done it a few times but my assist numbers by through balls went down dramatically (could be due to my role changes and mentality) using the new patch. 

If im nt mistaken key passes can be seen as through balls or what I interpretate most of the time as through balls. Not many given in the box, I tend to check it after every game and the link to the touches. I posted a lack of through balls in the box and passes into the box this week. 

20 minutes ago, FM1000 said:

Fair enough. It would be good if we were able to view the goals the same way we can in match analysis in the last 50 analysis, it's too big a sample size for me to remember them properly but the only reason I even went in to look at those stats was noticing the decrease in set piece goals (with similar scorelines).

I tend to score most of my goals from patient central play where one of my three midfielders finds the pass eventually (either out wide for cross or into a forward) against defensive teams but if I manage to catch them on the counter then a lot of the time it's either my lone forward or two inside forwards who run onto a ball through the defence and score. I'd expect it's more the second goals that are counted as through balls in addition to the more defence splitting pass for the highlight reels type through ball that I occasionally see in the first scenario. So it's like there is a combination of increased central play and through balls but not always from the same situations but the big difference is I am seeing less of the types of counter goals where it's just my wide players carrying the ball for ages and then either scoring themselves or crossing or just set piece goals.