Getting the most out of your save

Hi, so I have been away from the game a while and just wondered if the lovely people of this forum could share some valuable tips.

I am aware that everyone plays the game differently, has their own way of going about their save, some prefer quick gameplay some deep detailed slow gameplay. Or some mix it up and might run multiple saves and play them all in a certain way so they run a variety at once.

Perhaps this is the question mostly for those who haven't got many hours spare but can only squeeze 30mins - 1h a day of FM, but surely some suggestions can apply to all kind of players.

I personally prefer to play the game with more detail, and micro manage a lot but also don't like the game processing too much.

Anyway, my question is:

1) How do you make sure your session of FM is fun?

2) Before playing your save, what do you look forward to the most?

3) Is there anything niche and unique you try to do in your save?

4) And vice versa, what do you least enjoy in your save (and why) and what do you do to limit that?

I personally do enjoy the team building aspect, sort of rebuilding the senior and the youth team, trying to squeeze out as much I can out of the club given their available resources, the scouting, signing new players that fit my philosophy, building the tactics, analyzing what's wrong and fixing it all and so on.

Are there any tips or advice you guys could share? - to make a save more "fun" more enjoyable?

882574038_cheeringlaptopmangettyimages.thumb.png.8095ed0d3b3c937d756547ff3182b8a2.png

Edited by Ronaldinho Gaúcho 10
clarity

1) Play your favourite team.

Load only leagues from countries you like.

Use only tactical formations you enjoy, not the "best" tactics since all tactics can be almost as good when practised alot.

Use what you start with as much as possible, dont sign players you are not gonna use.

2) A balanced tactic which use most kind of positions on the pitch. ATM BPD-DLR-Wingers-MC-AM-Striker.

Youth development.

4) Too much scouted players and free agent offers. There are settings to turn these notifications off and all scouted players can be seen and sorted after rating in the scouting centre.

1) How do you make sure your session of FM is fun?

For the 1st time in 6 FMs, I am not managing my favourite team. I'm doing a journeyman where I am have actually move around. I have earmarked a couple of teams I want to manage, so keep an eye on them and if their manager gets sacked I weigh up if this is the time I will leave.

2) Before playing your save, what do you look forward to the most?

For the 1st time ever Ive managed to get a tactic working well that has a actual gameplay that works. I play 4-4-2 with an inverted winger on the left and a normal winger on the right. My IW is 6'7" and my RW is lightening quick with amazing crossing, so he bombs down the wing, stands a cross to the back post where my IW comes over the top of the full back and heads it in. I can't help feeling satisfied when I score like that.

3) Is there anything niche and unique you try to do in your save?

Not really unique I suppose, but I try to keep the same backroom staff at each club, so my AssMan has been my Assman at 3 different clubs spanning 14 seasons

4) And vice versa, what do you least enjoy in your save (and why) and what do you do to limit that?

My laptop performance ain't great and I'm now in 2046 so it takes a bit of time to get through the days!

Edited by Grifty

Often the most fun I’ll have with a save is getting to know the team outside of the game - searching the history and recent news about the club. Makes me feel more connected to the club straight away, especially if it’s one I knew very little about before starting the save.