Sports Interactive Community
FDL42

FM20.4.1 crashes often (both in an out of matches)

The crashes happen in seemingly every situation. During a match, when switching screen during a match, when switching screens out of matches. The crash dump linked with this message happened while processing near the end of a season.

I have resinstalled the game and video drivers (and force FM20 to use my best GPU - I have an All-in-One machine). I play through Steam and lilmit other activity on the PC. Sometimes I can play a couple of hours, sometimes it happens in a matter of minutes.

GPU_info v20.4.1.1363262 (2020.05.27 13.53.12).gpudmp FM 2020 v20.4.1.1363262 (2020.05.27 13.53.12).dmp

What match graphic settings do you play on? Switching to low/lower may help out.

Do you have any custom add-ons installed? It will be worth removing them and trying without, if so.

Posted (edited)

Lowered the Graphics settings to Low and removed a name fix db.

Cruised through the offseason but crashed 20 minutes (after scroing a goal, the game had been running for a while at this point) in my last preseason game and then crashed again as I entered the same game.

(I can't upload the first crash GPU info as its bigger than 9 MB)

(Thank you for the support BTW!)

FM 2020 v20.4.1.1363262 (2020.05.28 17.48.14).dmp FM 2020 v20.4.1.1363262 (2020.05.28 21.46.21).dmp GPU_info v20.4.1.1363262 (2020.05.28 21.46.21).gpudmp

Edited by FDL42

Can I get you to try following the link above to try and reduce the frequency of the graphics card crashes. Let me know either way if reinstalling/updating helps at all.

It's also worth closing any outside applications, like Spotify and Youtube, when running the game to reduce the strain on your card.

Can you give me your system dxdiag file, please:

Posted (edited)

Here.

Thanks for the continued support.

Edit: I was able to play for two hours today. The first tiem it happened in a while.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by FDL42

Have you set the NVidia card to be the default one for the game and steam?

Yes.

I had another long session yesterday. Fingers crossed.

OK- let us know if there are any other issues

The game is much more stable since the latest GeFroce driver update (451.67, released July 9th). I crashed only once in a calendar year.

That's a good improvement but obviously would still rather it not happen at all.

Make sure you have autosaves on a bit more frequently, and consider lowering the match graphics a step down or too and seeing if the crash still occurs.