Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Flußkrebs

Exploit tactics and tactic building, 3 at the back, Aston villa and other thoughts

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Introduction

NOTE: This post got quite rambling. The stuff in the title is mostly in the 'exploit tactics' section. There are also some questions in the conclusion section.

I've been reading a lot of tactics threads on here, other forums and so on. One of things that I've thought about quite a bit recently has been so called 'exploit' tactics. These are the kind of tactics which you get on various sites which run tests to see how good they are and generally tend to go quite against what a lot of the thought out tactics threads might go for. 

I put exploit in inverted commas because unlike with say, set piece routines, it can often be difficult to pin point quite how some of these tactics exploit the game engine, although I'm sure they do. I think in FM18 3 striker formations were OP and it was 'exploity' to play with them, but I don't know if there are any obvious exploits in FM20. One of the things that I find really off putting in the game with set pieces is where certain set ups are clearly 'game breaking' and score far more goals than you see in real football. It can be so hard drawing that line between a 'good' set piece routine and an 'exploity' set piece routine that I often don't bother with set pieces, at risk of ruining the fun. 

I want to talk about building a really good tactic, the kind of tactic where you're getting good results and playing how you want to play, and how exploit or plug n play tactics impact that process. 

Context

My current FM20 save I've just finished up with 4 seasons at LKS Lodz- as part of the FM 20 free trial challenge I had to run a 442 diamond- it worked really well the first two seasons, I think mainly due to being an incredibly good on the counter and my team's rep being low enough that the AI kept playing as if we were massive underdogs. As we got better and the AI played accordingly I had to adjust and ran, mostly, a narrow 4132 winning the league and then coming a disappointing 4th the next season. It's time for a new challenge and I got a big money move to Villa. It's going alright so far: 

 

I'm sat in 9th and need a top half finish, so there are ups and downs. I've been playing around with 3 at the back systems for the most part, trying out a lot of the interesting stuff on the various Atalanta threads that have been knocking around (that 3-4-3 asymmetric system you can see is me best guessing a tactic that was teased on one of the threads, need to follow that up to try and work out what exactly is being used). I love tactic replications.

image.png

This is not a thread about me asking for personal tactic advice- although I might try that later on. I am aware that a) I shouldn't really be complaining as I'm 'on target' with AV and know roughly what to do to fix the issues and b) me trying to play an Atalanta tactic with an inherited 2023 Villa squad is far from optimal (although, thinking about it, if the AI hadn't sold Wesley maybe they would have quite a good squad for it..., a question for another day). 

I've been trying to play around with a 3 at the back system as part of me is still adverse to playing standard formations after 4 years of narrow diamond and narrow 4132. I used a half back with a decent amount of success especially in the early days at LKS Lodz, which often left me with something resembling a 5212 in build up, so my 'head canon' is that my in game manager would play with something similar. Plus the Villa I inherited have some great centre backs. 

As part of my tactic building process I ended up looking at lots of tactic sites, including some of the more 'exploit' or 'plug and play' oriented ones. Here's a thing:

None of the 'best' tactics on these sites are 3 or 5 at the back

I can hear your objections already- you absolutely can use 3 or 5 at the back with success, you just have to tailor it, those tactics don''t have 3 or 5atb because they can't 'cheese' their way to wins with those formations etc. etc. I get that. It just got me thinking about the relationship with these kinds of tactics and my own tactic building. Is there a general issue with non 4 at the back systems? Maybe as simple as preventing another man attacking? Or deeper in the FM20 match engine?

For example, here is a trial tactic I threw together. I haven't tried it yet and it will almost certainly have issues. The interesting bit is that front three. I noticed lots and lots of the 'optimum' tactics on the testing sites for this year's engine had front threes of 2 AM(a)s behind an AF, or a single AM(a) behind 2 AFs. I've toned it down somewhat to 2 Am(s) for a variety of reasons but it got me thinking: if it works, and this is somehow an 'exploit', what are your thoughts on using this as a front three?

image.thumb.png.33eb57a4e9b2efd723f77f395bb4a056.png 

It isn't that far fetched. It got me thinking about the wider interactions between these exploit, or cheese, or plug n play tactics, and their relationship with 'proper' tactic building. 

Exploit tactics

Here are 5 reasons why you might think exploit tactics are bad, or at least my instinct reaction to them. I've written some thoughts on each of them afterwards, not rebuttals, but thoughts, and I'd like your opinions please.

1) They make the game 'un-fun'

Some people love just downloading the 'best' tactic and winning every game. More power to them, I'm a firm believer in people playing video games however they like, in whichever way they get the most enjoyment from. But for me at least, even if I can't be bothered to spend hours tinkering and building a tactic, and I run with one of the game's presets, playing with a tactic which gets me excessively unrealistic results takes much of the shine off the game and I quickly get bored. 

2) They are exploiting the AI, and this is "cheating"

The AI clearly copes better with certain situations than other situations. I'm not enough of an expert to know exactly how, but it must expect certain actions given certain game states, or be hard wired in such a way so certain tactics will always cause it to break a bit. If the AI is known to be, say, really rubbish at defending against double advanced forwards or when a small team is gegenpressing in the AI's half, in such a way that it will tend to respond in a way which jeopardises itself, is that something that you should then avoid because it is cheating? I'm not sure on this. The common thread of this post is clear here: doing some of the advantageous things that exploit tactics do isn't exploitative or cheating, but doing all of them feels like it is. 

3) They are exploiting the match-engine, and this is "cheating"

The match engine a) doesn't perfectly mimic football/real life (obviously, how could it!) and b) has limitations such that certain roles, positions, formations can be straight up 'better' than others. Often when a new role is introduced it can be a little OP, for example. You might say well, of course, the game doesn't commit that every option will be just as good or viable as every other option, just like in real life that isn't the case. But the match engine clearly prefers high pressing for example to low pressing. Maybe that is because high pressing is in some sense 'optimal' in real football- most of the top teams play with some sort of relatively high press so there must be some advantage to it (usually). Again, I'm not sure what the correct answer on this one is either. It's something that comes up on tactic recreations a lot too,someone manages to perfectly mimic a playstyle for an IRL team, but sadly the results are underwhelming in game and it isn't as impressive as the new team tearing up the league. 

4) They aren't tailored to your squad

This is a good point, usuallyOne of the most important things about tactic creation is making sure you have the players to fit the style of football you are telling them to play. But two things on this- one, some of the tactic testing sites out there will have tactics tailored to 'poor' squads, tactics suited to the National League level players. Maybe then those kind of tactics aren't really exploitative in the same way and are merely good solid tactics (again, where do you draw the line?). But at the other end of the spectrum, what if you really do have players who can play pretty much whatever ridiculous style of Uber-gegenpressing, ultra attacking, high line system you are asking them to play (e.g. Liverpool, Man city)? And somewhere in between- some of the 'unrealistic' plug and play tactics are simply quite boring double winger attack, double AF attack, double box to box 442s. Lots of teams can play this style of football and have the players to suit. If I accidentally made an 'exploit' tactic myself, as it is what suits my squad, is that an issue?

5) You haven't come up with them yourself

This resonates with me, but as established many people like to plug n play. That's fine in my book. But here's a thing- is the issue with tactics with names like WHIRLWIND MEGA TORNADO 41131!!!! that you didn't work out that this is a really good/game breaking tactic? Like if I was one of these tactic creators in my own personal save, and if the aim of most people's regular saves, with caveats, is to win as many games as possible, then should I be trying to invent the mega tactic? Is the issue that I downloaded it and didn't come up with it myself, but if I had come up with some ridiculous cheesey exploit tactic and win loads of games then that's ok? 

6) They are unrealistic (ties into number 4)

1, the game isn't super realistic and we know this. Like all the tactic recreations I love, many of them simply don't actually work (that well) in game and that's ok. FM is just a game after all it isn't a physics and psychology simulator,which is what you'd need to sim footy. 2, some of these tactics aren't that unrealistic (I'm looking at you symmetrical attacking and pressing 442s). Or like in FM18, 3 strikers up top isn't that unrealistic, but it was exploity. What's the best way of navigating this? 

Conclusions

This post turned it into an extremely long winded way of me asking

  • What if you're 'built from scratch' tactic ends up looking like an exploit tactic and is that a bad thing?
  • Should 'proper' tacticians be learning lessons from exploit tactics and trying to integrate them into our own tactics?
  • Are exploit tactics mostly overblown anyway and it's usually set piece exploits which are getting them their mad results?

Cheers all. :) 

 

 

 

Edited by Flußkrebs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Flußkrebs said:

I think in FM18 3 striker formations were OP and it was 'exploity' to play with them

Not all tactics using 3 strikers were exploits in FM18. The formation alone does not make a tactic an exploit. 

An important characteristic of exploit tactics is that they make absolutely no sense from the perspective of real-life football but are nevertheless extremely successful in FM. 

How to know if a tactic is an exploit? You win everything using a tactic with a top team and then you also win everything with a complete underdog using the exact same tactic. 

 

37 minutes ago, Flußkrebs said:

What if you're 'built from scratch' tactic ends up looking like an exploit tactic and is that a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing per se, because everyone has the right to play the game however they want. 

 

45 minutes ago, Flußkrebs said:

Should 'proper' tacticians be learning lessons from exploit tactics and trying to integrate them into our own tactics?

Depends on what exactly you mean by "proper tacticians". Someone who wants to approach the tactical side of FM in the manner of a real-life football manager - or to learn about real-life football tactics by playing FM - should definitely avoid exploit tactics. 

 

53 minutes ago, Flußkrebs said:

Are exploit tactics mostly overblown anyway and it's usually set piece exploits which are getting them their mad results?

I guess that set-piece exploits exist as such, but exploit tactics have to do with much more than just set-pieces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Not all tactics using 3 strikers were exploits in FM18. The formation alone does not make a tactic an exploit. 

An important characteristic of exploit tactics is that they make absolutely no sense from the perspective of real-life football but are nevertheless extremely successful in FM. 

How to know if a tactic is an exploit? You win everything using a tactic with a top team and then you also win everything with a complete underdog using the exact same tactic. 

 

It's not a bad thing per se, because everyone has the right to play the game however they want. 

 

Depends on what exactly you mean by "proper tacticians". Someone who wants to approach the tactical side of FM in the manner of a real-life football manager - or to learn about real-life football tactics by playing FM - should definitely avoid exploit tactics. 

 

I guess that set-piece exploits exist as such, but exploit tactics have to do with much more than just set-pieces. 

Hmm food for thought. And in case you're wondering- no , the 2 AM's behind the AF was not particularly successful :applause:no exploits there as far as I can see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Flußkrebs said:

And in case you're wondering- no , the 2 AM's behind the AF was not particularly successful :applause:no exploits there as far as I can see

If you are referring to the tactic you posted in a screenshot in your opening post, it does not look like an exploit tactic to me. 

After all, I haven't seen an exploit tactic with only 1 attack duty yet :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flußkrebs said:

Introduction

NOTE: This post got quite rambling. The stuff in the title is mostly in the 'exploit tactics' section. There are also some questions in the conclusion section.

I've been reading a lot of tactics threads on here, other forums and so on. One of things that I've thought about quite a bit recently has been so called 'exploit' tactics. These are the kind of tactics which you get on various sites which run tests to see how good they are and generally tend to go quite against what a lot of the thought out tactics threads might go for. 

I put exploit in inverted commas because unlike with say, set piece routines, it can often be difficult to pin point quite how some of these tactics exploit the game engine, although I'm sure they do. I think in FM18 3 striker formations were OP and it was 'exploity' to play with them, but I don't know if there are any obvious exploits in FM20. One of the things that I find really off putting in the game with set pieces is where certain set ups are clearly 'game breaking' and score far more goals than you see in real football. It can be so hard drawing that line between a 'good' set piece routine and an 'exploity' set piece routine that I often don't bother with set pieces, at risk of ruining the fun. 

I want to talk about building a really good tactic, the kind of tactic where you're getting good results and playing how you want to play, and how exploit or plug n play tactics impact that process. 

Context

My current FM20 save I've just finished up with 4 seasons at LKS Lodz- as part of the FM 20 free trial challenge I had to run a 442 diamond- it worked really well the first two seasons, I think mainly due to being an incredibly good on the counter and my team's rep being low enough that the AI kept playing as if we were massive underdogs. As we got better and the AI played accordingly I had to adjust and ran, mostly, a narrow 4132 winning the league and then coming a disappointing 4th the next season. It's time for a new challenge and I got a big money move to Villa. It's going alright so far: 

 

I'm sat in 9th and need a top half finish, so there are ups and downs. I've been playing around with 3 at the back systems for the most part, trying out a lot of the interesting stuff on the various Atalanta threads that have been knocking around (that 3-4-3 asymmetric system you can see is me best guessing a tactic that was teased on one of the threads, need to follow that up to try and work out what exactly is being used). I love tactic replications.

image.png

This is not a thread about me asking for personal tactic advice- although I might try that later on. I am aware that a) I shouldn't really be complaining as I'm 'on target' with AV and know roughly what to do to fix the issues and b) me trying to play an Atalanta tactic with an inherited 2023 Villa squad is far from optimal (although, thinking about it, if the AI hadn't sold Wesley maybe they would have quite a good squad for it..., a question for another day). 

I've been trying to play around with a 3 at the back system as part of me is still adverse to playing standard formations after 4 years of narrow diamond and narrow 4132. I used a half back with a decent amount of success especially in the early days at LKS Lodz, which often left me with something resembling a 5212 in build up, so my 'head canon' is that my in game manager would play with something similar. Plus the Villa I inherited have some great centre backs. 

As part of my tactic building process I ended up looking at lots of tactic sites, including some of the more 'exploit' or 'plug and play' oriented ones. Here's a thing:

None of the 'best' tactics on these sites are 3 or 5 at the back

I can hear your objections already- you absolutely can use 3 or 5 at the back with success, you just have to tailor it, those tactics don''t have 3 or 5atb because they can't 'cheese' their way to wins with those formations etc. etc. I get that. It just got me thinking about the relationship with these kinds of tactics and my own tactic building. Is there a general issue with non 4 at the back systems? Maybe as simple as preventing another man attacking? Or deeper in the FM20 match engine?

For example, here is a trial tactic I threw together. I haven't tried it yet and it will almost certainly have issues. The interesting bit is that front three. I noticed lots and lots of the 'optimum' tactics on the testing sites for this year's engine had front threes of 2 AM(a)s behind an AF, or a single AM(a) behind 2 AFs. I've toned it down somewhat to 2 Am(s) for a variety of reasons but it got me thinking: if it works, and this is somehow an 'exploit', what are your thoughts on using this as a front three?

image.thumb.png.33eb57a4e9b2efd723f77f395bb4a056.png 

It isn't that far fetched. It got me thinking about the wider interactions between these exploit, or cheese, or plug n play tactics, and their relationship with 'proper' tactic building. 

Exploit tactics

Here are 5 reasons why you might think exploit tactics are bad, or at least my instinct reaction to them. I've written some thoughts on each of them afterwards, not rebuttals, but thoughts, and I'd like your opinions please.

1) They make the game 'un-fun'

Some people love just downloading the 'best' tactic and winning every game. More power to them, I'm a firm believer in people playing video games however they like, in whichever way they get the most enjoyment from. But for me at least, even if I can't be bothered to spend hours tinkering and building a tactic, and I run with one of the game's presets, playing with a tactic which gets me excessively unrealistic results takes much of the shine off the game and I quickly get bored. 

2) They are exploiting the AI, and this is "cheating"

The AI clearly copes better with certain situations than other situations. I'm not enough of an expert to know exactly how, but it must expect certain actions given certain game states, or be hard wired in such a way so certain tactics will always cause it to break a bit. If the AI is known to be, say, really rubbish at defending against double advanced forwards or when a small team is gegenpressing in the AI's half, in such a way that it will tend to respond in a way which jeopardises itself, is that something that you should then avoid because it is cheating? I'm not sure on this. The common thread of this post is clear here: doing some of the advantageous things that exploit tactics do isn't exploitative or cheating, but doing all of them feels like it is. 

3) They are exploiting the match-engine, and this is "cheating"

The match engine a) doesn't perfectly mimic football/real life (obviously, how could it!) and b) has limitations such that certain roles, positions, formations can be straight up 'better' than others. Often when a new role is introduced it can be a little OP, for example. You might say well, of course, the game doesn't commit that every option will be just as good or viable as every other option, just like in real life that isn't the case. But the match engine clearly prefers high pressing for example to low pressing. Maybe that is because high pressing is in some sense 'optimal' in real football- most of the top teams play with some sort of relatively high press so there must be some advantage to it (usually). Again, I'm not sure what the correct answer on this one is either. It's something that comes up on tactic recreations a lot too,someone manages to perfectly mimic a playstyle for an IRL team, but sadly the results are underwhelming in game and it isn't as impressive as the new team tearing up the league. 

4) They aren't tailored to your squad

This is a good point, usuallyOne of the most important things about tactic creation is making sure you have the players to fit the style of football you are telling them to play. But two things on this- one, some of the tactic testing sites out there will have tactics tailored to 'poor' squads, tactics suited to the National League level players. Maybe then those kind of tactics aren't really exploitative in the same way and are merely good solid tactics (again, where do you draw the line?). But at the other end of the spectrum, what if you really do have players who can play pretty much whatever ridiculous style of Uber-gegenpressing, ultra attacking, high line system you are asking them to play (e.g. Liverpool, Man city)? And somewhere in between- some of the 'unrealistic' plug and play tactics are simply quite boring double winger attack, double AF attack, double box to box 442s. Lots of teams can play this style of football and have the players to suit. If I accidentally made an 'exploit' tactic myself, as it is what suits my squad, is that an issue?

5) You haven't come up with them yourself

This resonates with me, but as established many people like to plug n play. That's fine in my book. But here's a thing- is the issue with tactics with names like WHIRLWIND MEGA TORNADO 41131!!!! that you didn't work out that this is a really good/game breaking tactic? Like if I was one of these tactic creators in my own personal save, and if the aim of most people's regular saves, with caveats, is to win as many games as possible, then should I be trying to invent the mega tactic? Is the issue that I downloaded it and didn't come up with it myself, but if I had come up with some ridiculous cheesey exploit tactic and win loads of games then that's ok? 

6) They are unrealistic (ties into number 4)

1, the game isn't super realistic and we know this. Like all the tactic recreations I love, many of them simply don't actually work (that well) in game and that's ok. FM is just a game after all it isn't a physics and psychology simulator,which is what you'd need to sim footy. 2, some of these tactics aren't that unrealistic (I'm looking at you symmetrical attacking and pressing 442s). Or like in FM18, 3 strikers up top isn't that unrealistic, but it was exploity. What's the best way of navigating this? 

Conclusions

This post turned it into an extremely long winded way of me asking

  • What if you're 'built from scratch' tactic ends up looking like an exploit tactic and is that a bad thing?
  • Should 'proper' tacticians be learning lessons from exploit tactics and trying to integrate them into our own tactics?
  • Are exploit tactics mostly overblown anyway and it's usually set piece exploits which are getting them their mad results?

Cheers all. :) 

 

 

 

I can tell you that i won the Uruguyan Premier League and Libertedores, with a club called Penarol, with a tactic extremely similar to that.

Difference was i used two CM's rather than Carrileros, and the central of the three defenders was a Libero.

I dont know when a tactic stops being an exploit though. I think your tactic could take the field in a real game of football, that would be my "test".

Some tactics blatantly couldnt win a game of football, its at that point i think the game loses its fun and the tactic is purely for the purpose of beating the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

What is fan for you, doesn't mean "exploit" can't have a fun. 

Everyone find the fun inside the game in any way they want. 

What's the reason of this thread in this sub forum? Sorry, I can't understand. 

Everyone is free to play the game in any way they want. Full stop. 

As far I know, there is no exploit tactic in FM20. Attacking, Gegenpress, Near Post Corner, Long Throw and Far Post Free Kick isn't exploit and happens in real life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't consider your tactic as an 'exploit tactic'. You've got some good fundamentals in there that are logical and absolutely make sense.

For example, you have two CARs who will cover the space vacated by your DWs when they advance forward. That's not exploitation in my book, that's a sound tactical approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my two cents worth...

Aren't all tactics, both real life and FM, exploit tactics? In really life cases didn't Mourinho seek to exploit the English 442 with his 433 in the early Chelsea days? Didn't Conte seek to exploit English trends with his 343? Surely if a tactic works it has to exploit something in order to work?

The same applies in FM terms too. Doesn't my IWB exploit opposition wingers lack of intent to track back and inside? Doesn't my on rushing CM-A exploit the fact that my two centre forwards are already engaging the oppositions centre backs?

So simply for a tactic to work doesn't it have to exploit something? So I wouldn't worry too much about your tactic being exploitative. In my eyes as long as its created in a logical and sensible manner then you don't have to worry. Its only the ones you see with names like "WARHAMMER2323!!!!!! UNDEFEATED WITH BOURNEMOUTH!!!" that are "cheating" exploits that for me ruin the game, other tactics are good and necessary exploits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
7 hours ago, OJ403 said:

Its only the ones you see with names like "WARHAMMER2323!!!!!! UNDEFEATED WITH BOURNEMOUTH!!!" that are "cheating" exploits that for me ruin the game, other tactics are good and necessary exploits

When I am reading posts like WARHAMMER2323!!!!!! UNDEFEATED WITH BOURNEMOUTH!!!; I am pretty sure there is no something exploit. Most people cheat with reloading the save or use IGE or FMRTE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OJ403 said:

Here's my two cents worth...

Aren't all tactics, both real life and FM, exploit tactics? In really life cases didn't Mourinho seek to exploit the English 442 with his 433 in the early Chelsea days? Didn't Conte seek to exploit English trends with his 343? Surely if a tactic works it has to exploit something in order to work?

The same applies in FM terms too. Doesn't my IWB exploit opposition wingers lack of intent to track back and inside? Doesn't my on rushing CM-A exploit the fact that my two centre forwards are already engaging the oppositions centre backs?

So simply for a tactic to work doesn't it have to exploit something? So I wouldn't worry too much about your tactic being exploitative. In my eyes as long as its created in a logical and sensible manner then you don't have to worry. Its only the ones you see with names like "WARHAMMER2323!!!!!! UNDEFEATED WITH BOURNEMOUTH!!!" that are "cheating" exploits that for me ruin the game, other tactics are good and necessary exploits

I think the point being made with exploit tactics is that they exploit failures within the match engine rather that lead to extraordinary results rather than making tactical decisions to exploit the oppositions gameplan/players etc.

Not that this is a bad thing in my opinion since the people that find these shortcomings in the match engine serve to improve it in the long run, as without these exploit tactics there's a chance that the dev team doesn't see certain bugs in the engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Flußkrebs said:

None of the 'best' tactics on these sites are 3 or 5 at the back

I can hear your objections already- you absolutely can use 3 or 5 at the back with success, you just have to tailor it, those tactics don''t have 3 or 5atb because they can't 'cheese' their way to wins with those formations etc. etc. I get that. It just got me thinking about the relationship with these kinds of tactics and my own tactic building. Is there a general issue with non 4 at the back systems? Maybe as simple as preventing another man attacking? Or deeper in the FM20 match engine?

FWIW I think it's mostly the preventing another man attacking. Most of the tactic testing lot are very geared towards winning leagues, and most teams people want to test with have more good midfielders than defenders; wingbacks are also rare in some leagues.

(And also the fact the 'exploit' level performance isn't as geared towards a particular shape as some iterations where the opposition couldn't defend properly against. Lots of shapes succeed: it's just the back four is much more standard)

On the other hand I think back three with wingbacks defending of the penalty area is so much better than a regular back four it's almost exploit-level defensively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, wixxi said:

I think the point being made with exploit tactics is that they exploit failures within the match engine rather that lead to extraordinary results rather than making tactical decisions to exploit the oppositions gameplan/players etc.

Not that this is a bad thing in my opinion since the people that find these shortcomings in the match engine serve to improve it in the long run, as without these exploit tactics there's a chance that the dev team doesn't see certain bugs in the engine.

Oh 100% I fully agree. Its the manner of the exploit that I'm not a fan of. Trying to find ways to "out think", with want for a better phrase, the AI manager is all part of tactics and football, both FM and real life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way guys..... How do you find bugs or exploit? I am curious now. Probably I never paid much attention. Is it playing full game highlights? Do I need a big team to understand the various instructions? Please, enlight me. I never played a game on full and last 3 editions never got a big team so perhaps I am missing something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as i am concerned, there are no exploit tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


The AMC + 2CF formations have been quite problematic for me in FM20. I haven't checked the tactic testing websites but whenever i face these tactics i know i will have to be much stronger and tight in the CB area, otherwise the 3 attackers will find way for dangerous combinations or the usual long range scorcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, denen123 said:

As far as i am concerned, there are no exploit tactics.

Plus, it's a game. Users shouldn't have to tip-toe over certain tactics because they are "exploits". If you imagine a "formation", & play it or if you download it & it's working, then wonderful. 3 strikers up front with burnley(no disrespect to their fans)? Great, if it works & you win the UCL with 100+ points in the league. An all attack duty frontline (even though I'd advise against it)? Try it. Restarting/Reloading to alter things in your favor? Do it for your health, if it disturbs you(losing streak/injuries). Holiday moding a season? Do it, if it helps. The onus is on the SI for creating a system that can even be exploited in the first place, not the users. 

Enjoy your game. Build teams from the ground up. Become a legend of the club. It's your game. There are literally no rules, set in stone. Just enjoy it & seek advise if you really need it.

Edited by denen123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...