Where do I belong?

Hello. My name is Jose Marcelo. I'm 23 years old. If I was on a trial for your team, where would you use me? As you can see Im fast, agile with good balance. Additionally Im great with the ball at my feet and is adept at finding space. EDIT: Im left footed for those who value that information. Some may call my right foot "weak".

Mv9MSZ8.jpg

I'd probably use him as an IWs or IFs and work towards teaching him two PPM: Comes Deep and Gets Into Area. He has a lot of mobility and can handle being tackled. So lets give him the room to do exactly that. If he beats his marker in the middle, he is out of the game when the play finishes! Not to mention that this player can also pass quite well in addition to his movement, making him a dual threat from deep who can create spaces by passing and running. Big downside is that he'll probably need new lungs after seventy minutes or so and has to miss a few continental games ;)

An alternative would be IWa or IFa who tries to beat offside traps and has one or two playmaker PPMs. He has all relevant stats to run through the flank and then cut inside where he can either try deadly backward passes or go 1-v-1. Biggest downside here would be that beating offside traps can be very situational and kills players in wrong systems (I am still crying for Diamantakos in '19!)

Could make a good runner in MC positions as well but one ofy many quirks is that I hate using players with under 14 Strength/Work Rate there ;)

12 hours ago, skyline72 said:

Mezzala. 

Maybe Im bias though. Just love that role. 

This is a good shout.

12 hours ago, Garrlor said:

IF A  or S either side, would probably lean towards the left.

This too, very good shout.

12 hours ago, Piperita said:

I'd probably use him as an IWs or IFs and work towards teaching him two PPM: Comes Deep and Gets Into Area. He has a lot of mobility and can handle being tackled. So lets give him the room to do exactly that. If he beats his marker in the middle, he is out of the game when the play finishes! Not to mention that this player can also pass quite well in addition to his movement, making him a dual threat from deep who can create spaces by passing and running. Big downside is that he'll probably need new lungs after seventy minutes or so and has to miss a few continental games ;)

An alternative would be IWa or IFa who tries to beat offside traps and has one or two playmaker PPMs. He has all relevant stats to run through the flank and then cut inside where he can either try deadly backward passes or go 1-v-1. Biggest downside here would be that beating offside traps can be very situational and kills players in wrong systems (I am still crying for Diamantakos in '19!)

Could make a good runner in MC positions as well but one ofy many quirks is that I hate using players with under 14 Strength/Work Rate there ;)

I think he will be played in CM positions. Not cause of that using is wide is wrong or bad. I just won't have that kind of player in my setup :)

Probably as a Mezzala on attack. Great input regards to PPM's.

Edited by Djuicer

With that Acceleration, Balance and Agility for cutting inside, along with the Dribbling, pretty much any role that suits your tactic. I'd say IF/S, but you could easily go for Raumdeuter or an AP/A (is that still available at AMR?). IF/S would be my preferred role because it doesn't make the player do any one thing, so he's free to create or score himself based on the situation. You'll have very, very few defenders who will be able to handle him cutting inside. Beats them on pace, but also skill.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

With that Acceleration, Balance and Agility for cutting inside, along with the Dribbling, pretty much any role that suits your tactic. I'd say IF/S, but you could easily go for Raumdeuter or an AP/A (is that still available at AMR?). IF/S would be my preferred role because it doesn't make the player do any one thing, so he's free to create or score himself based on the situation. You'll have very, very few defenders who will be able to handle him cutting inside. Beats them on pace, but also skill.

Agreed, I would think he would be wasted in a CM spot as that pace and trickery is wasted without space to use it in. Great passing like that on an IF/S would be a real asset, as he also has resonable vision and decision making, composed enough to make that decision and the anticipation to put it in the right area for his team mates movement. Basically an absolute nightmare to defend against.

With flair and dribbling like that, he would excel in any role where he can get the ball deep and run at a defence. He will occasionally do something wonderful and unpredictable. My favourite player in FM19 was a player with high flair and dribbling who just liked to score insane goals from nothing.

Or, with the off the ball, acceleration and pace he would be good in a role that looks to beat the defence and get onto a ball behind. Although his decisions and finishing may inhibit his abilities as an out and out goalscorer. But again, that flair and the ability to do something unexpected. 

5 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Good input :thup:

4 hours ago, Garrlor said:

Agreed, I would think he would be wasted in a CM spot as that pace and trickery is wasted without space to use it in. Great passing like that on an IF/S would be a real asset, as he also has resonable vision and decision making, composed enough to make that decision and the anticipation to put it in the right area for his team mates movement. Basically an absolute nightmare to defend against.

Also very insightful :thup:

53 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

With flair and dribbling like that, he would excel in any role where he can get the ball deep and run at a defence. He will occasionally do something wonderful and unpredictable. My favourite player in FM19 was a player with high flair and dribbling who just liked to score insane goals from nothing.

Or, with the off the ball, acceleration and pace he would be good in a role that looks to beat the defence and get onto a ball behind. Although his decisions and finishing may inhibit his abilities as an out and out goalscorer. But again, that flair and the ability to do something unexpected. 

This is to all, really great ideas! thanks for the input. I currently just have one wide man on each side and the role will be on support and that feels like a waste on him. He has been used as a striker (which is his natural position) by the AI and sits with 85 goals in 125 games. 
I think he will be an attacking mezzala for me. If it dont work I will probably move him up top or let him just play on support down the left side. That role seems to end up in good positions, but it feels as he will be more potent creating that ending up as the finisher.

Update, he is now playing down the left. Seems to be working nice. He was moved due to the greater good of the team. Him to the left removed the then leftmidfielder and  a vacancy was left open centrally for a better player than the original left winger.

Edited by Djuicer

20 hours ago, Justified said:

I would have him on the right as a IW but also if the left winger is versatile I'd have him swap positions with that player throughout the match :thup:

Good call, I might try this too :thup:

He has average decisions, But explosive speed i say he will fit the Winger role either in Support or Attack . You can play him as W(S) or W(A) who can play like IF(S) with his Cut inside PPM's. Add knocks ball past or Likes to beat repeatedly and Tries killer balls. He can be a Valuable Scorer / Creator with out actually Using IF(S) or IW(S).