Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Jogo Bonito

FM20 - Travelling slowly on Lorient Express

Recommended Posts

Nice updated Jogo. 

On the formation I would definitely recommend a defend duty in midfield, otherwise I feel the 4231 always leaves you exposed. Also possibly putting your Winger on support as well. 

On Le Fee - man that's a lot of money! However what would you do with it? If you have some targets in mind and you'd spend the funds to improve a few positions in your first team, then I would say it's worthwhile accepting. Good luck whichever way you decide! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Nice updated Jogo. 

On the formation I would definitely recommend a defend duty in midfield, otherwise I feel the 4231 always leaves you exposed. Also possibly putting your Winger on support as well. 

On Le Fee - man that's a lot of money! However what would you do with it? If you have some targets in mind and you'd spend the funds to improve a few positions in your first team, then I would say it's worthwhile accepting. Good luck whichever way you decide! 

More valid points on the midfield (defend) and attacking (support) aspects. Definitely under consideration.

For monetary reasons, I'd reject that bid 100% as I don't have any need/plans to spend big (if at all). However, if the player sees it as a dream move (which he probably does) rejecting any such offer will undoubtedly make him unhappy, and possibly the rest of the players. So that is actually the real decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Le Fee. If he is an HGC, stall the bid and try talking to him even offer him a new contract if you can. If it doesn't work take the cash...especially if this isn't a youth only save. (I can never remember)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Nice updated Jogo. 

On the formation I would definitely recommend a defend duty in midfield, otherwise I feel the 4231 always leaves you exposed. Also possibly putting your Winger on support as well. 

On Le Fee - man that's a lot of money! However what would you do with it? If you have some targets in mind and you'd spend the funds to improve a few positions in your first team, then I would say it's worthwhile accepting. Good luck whichever way you decide! 

Depending on How high a defensive line he plays he might not need a Defensive minded midfielder in that pair. I currently play the same formation and both of my Midfielders are on Support duty, but then again I play a possession tactic.

Also both of my midfielders are retrained DM's if that helps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

For Le Fee. If he is an HGC, stall the bid and try talking to him even offer him a new contract if you can. If it doesn't work take the cash...especially if this isn't a youth only save. (I can never remember)

 

Well that didn't go well. I rejected the bid and the player came moaning about it as he wants to play for a club in the Champions League. i tried talking him around by saying that we would be able to offer that. The chat went downhill badly and I ended up having to say I'd accept a bid that reached my valuation. I said £80 million and he said 'Le Fee' being asked by the club was not a reasonable sum. Then several other players came to moan about how he had been badly treated, 

Luckily Man City came in again straight away. I tried to get £70 million and a loan back, but they would only go to £60 million (£50 million now, and £10 million over instalments). I thought £10 million was a lot to lose by insisting on the loan back clause and in the end, I had to re-negotiate. I have got them to offer an even bigger sum of £82 million (£58 million upfront and six instalments of £4 million totalling £24 million) with no loan back option. Suffice to say, he is now in contract talks.

1628776021_EnzoLeFe_Attributes.thumb.png.e24f83d9f28dd37ee63a5ba3f3c22bf1.png878615207_EnzoLeFe_TransferOffer.thumb.png.54a1c100ddf48f2ea525797373def661.png

 

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said if it didn't work take the cash...at least you got good value for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Like I said if it didn't work take the cash...at least you got good value for him.

Most of the time, the player(s) become happy again if they play and win , so i never let them go if they are in my first eleven (like Fadiga). +70m is tempting off course. Good deal Jogo , good 'le Fee' ! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Most of the time, the player(s) become happy again if they play and win , so i never let them go if they are in my first eleven (like Fadiga). +70m is tempting off course. Good deal Jogo , good 'le Fee' ! :)

Le Fee is up to £82 million now but if he was happy I would rather keep the player. I'm hoping maybe a fresh loan-back might be entertained if he does complete the move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

if he was happy I would rather keep the player

Always a tricky situation, but I take the simple approach: anyone who wants to leave can leave, only want committed players, no-one is bigger than the club, other cliches are available. Less important but worthy of consideration, I think, it's always worth staying on the right side of quality players because there might be an opportunity to re-sign them in the future. With le Fee at Man City there's a chance they'll have him sitting on the bench for a year and if you're playing CL football then you might be able to bring him back at a bargain price. We can dream... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warlock said:

Always a tricky situation, but I take the simple approach: anyone who wants to leave can leave, only want committed players, no-one is bigger than the club, other cliches are available. Less important but worthy of consideration, I think, it's always worth staying on the right side of quality players because there might be an opportunity to re-sign them in the future. With le Fee at Man City there's a chance they'll have him sitting on the bench for a year and if you're playing CL football then you might be able to bring him back at a bargain price. We can dream... :D

I had Ivan oli Santos , a great striker at IR (iceland) , started at 16 year old and became a legend. Wanted to leave for any other european club but each year i was able to extend his contract , one team at the last day of his contract and in the 5th season i had to pay 12x more than any other squad player. Now i have the same situation with Fadiga at my Paris FC save. In real life i would kick the moaning player out, idd no one is bigger than the club :) but on FM i'll use another strategy.. he is only moaning for a few months, most of the time they get happy again (if they play and win).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK well that really slowed my journey down, but we've now left that station and put it all behind us. Full details in the next update , now that I can play a few games at last. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just catching up with this @Jogo Bonito.  It's always going to be tough to topple PSG but qualifying for the Europa League is a great achievement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Raware said:

Just catching up with this @Jogo Bonito.  It's always going to be tough to topple PSG but qualifying for the Europa League is a great achievement!

Thanks for reading and commenting. PSG is on another level, but yes 5th in both of my Ligue 1 finishes is as good as i could hope for.

If I can overcome this dip in form and transfer window disruption, hopefully I can get to Europa League again next season. And of course, I am still in it this year at the moment (knockout draw not yet made).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you plan to reinvest the Le Fee funds to strengthen any areas of the team? Or keep faith with your current crop? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Do you plan to reinvest the Le Fee funds to strengthen any areas of the team? Or keep faith with your current crop? 

I tried to bring Seko Fofana (ex-Lorient player) back from Udinese, I offered £26.5 million even though he was 27/28 years of age, but he wasn't interested in starting talks. I made another offer of £9 million for a promising young French midfielder at Lyon, but we didn't agree on wages and his agent wouldn't re-start talks after that (usual FM scenario). I did make one transfer in the window, but most of the money is sat in the bank.

I'll do an update at the end of March, as it's been a horribly disjointed season what with the World Cup disruptions. I didn't take any notice or even bother to look who won, although ironically I do intend to make use of a visit to see a friend who lives in Qatar when the real World Cup comes around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I tried to bring Seko Fofana (ex-Lorient player) back from Udinese, I offered £26.5 million even though he was 27/28 years of age, but he wasn't interested in starting talks. I made another offer of £9 million for a promising young French midfielder at Lyon, but we didn't agree on wages and his agent wouldn't re-start talks after that (usual FM scenario). I did make one transfer in the window, but most of the money is sat in the bank.

I'll do an update at the end of March, as it's been a horribly disjointed season what with the World Cup disruptions. I didn't take any notice or even bother to look who won, although ironically I do intend to make use of a visit to see a friend who lives in Qatar when the real World Cup comes around.

Right, maybe another couple of months of scouting and you can identify exactly who you want to buy in the summer. You can also use this time to unsettle your targets. 

I definitely plan to attend Qatar as well since it's just few hours away from us in India! Have never been to a WC and this would probably be the best opportunity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Right, maybe another couple of months of scouting and you can identify exactly who you want to buy in the summer. You can also use this time to unsettle your targets. 

I definitely plan to attend Qatar as well since it's just few hours away from us in India! Have never been to a WC and this would probably be the best opportunity. 

You're in tune with my thinking on the transfer front.

For some reason I thought you were in UK at the moment, I just always thought you got up very early when seeing the timing of your posts! Yes you probably won't get a better WC chance than that, although the logistics for anybody travelling from outside might not make it as easy as it should be. There were major construction projects underway in Qatar even when I started working in the Middle East region back in 2012, but it might still be challenging for visitors.

I was in Africa when the first World Cup on the continent came around, but flights were too much to justify going. From East Africa (just a hop over the Indian Ocean from you) to South Africa it was about four times the usual cost of a flight from UK to South Africa, if you can imagine that. It seemed too much of an indulgence at the time, even though I could have got match tickets and accommodation very cheaply. 10 years later I regret not doing it, especially as some local friends took a road trip around Africa to go (they were lucky they could take several weeks off work and they were happy to live really cheaply on their minibus for weeks). 

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I may have a chance to go to a WC in 2026! I was alive during the '94 World Cup and followed it on TV, but wasn't much of a soccer fan then.

I became a soccer fan (other than WC's) in March of 2014 when I bought my first FM to get ready for World Cup 2014. It was then that I found my teams.

Local: NE Revolution owned by the NE Patriots of American Football.

Liverpool: owned by the owners of the Red Sox 

Easy for me to become a fan of those teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Well I may have a chance to go to a WC in 2026! I was alive during the '94 World Cup and followed it on TV, but wasn't much of a soccer fan then.

I became a soccer fan (other than WC's) in March of 2014 when I bought my first FM to get ready for World Cup 2014. It was then that I found my teams.

Local: NE Revolution owned by the NE Patriots of American Football.

Liverpool: owned by the owners of the Red Sox 

Easy for me to become a fan of those teams.

Excellent. Unlike in FM, once you pick your team, it's never for changing. But you still call it soccer? :stop:Just kidding :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

You're in tune with my thinking on the transfer front.

For some reason I thought you were in UK at the moment, I just always thought you got up very early when seeing the timing of your posts! Yes you probably won't get a better WC chance than that, although the logistics for anybody travelling from outside might not make it as easy as it should be. There were major construction projects underway in Qatar even when I started working in the Middle East region back in 2012, but it might still be challenging for visitors.

I was in Africa when the first World Cup on the continent came around, but flights were too much to justify going. From East Africa (just a hop over the Indian Ocean from you) to South Africa it was about four times the usual cost of a flight from UK to South Africa, if you can imagine that. It seemed too much of an indulgence at the time, even though I could have got match tickets and accommodation very cheaply. 10 years later I regret not doing it, especially as some local friends took a road trip around Africa to go (they were lucky they could take several weeks off work and they were happy to live really cheaply on their minibus for weeks). 

Yes very much in India. I did used to live in the UK a very long time ago. 

I hope I make it to Qatar as I definitely won't get as good a chance again. However right now planning any sort of travel obviously seems difficult. 

I've also promised myself to make the trip the next time united make a CL final. 

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

Well I may have a chance to go to a WC in 2026! I was alive during the '94 World Cup and followed it on TV, but wasn't much of a soccer fan then.

I became a soccer fan (other than WC's) in March of 2014 when I bought my first FM to get ready for World Cup 2014. It was then that I found my teams.

Local: NE Revolution owned by the NE Patriots of American Football.

Liverpool: owned by the owners of the Red Sox 

Easy for me to become a fan of those teams.

NE Revolution was sort of my local team as well when I was living in Cambridge. However I must say my best MLS experience was when I went to watch the Philadelphia Union play, amazing little stadium and a passionate & loud support. Was a lot of fun and great to see how far the sport has come, although there obviously is still a long way to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

NE Revolution was sort of my local team as well when I was living in Cambridge

Oh... that Cambridge!

I used to go to Boston a lot on business between 1990 and 2005 and became a Patriots and Red Sox fan as a consequence - the Sox at Fenway was the only baseball game I ever managed to attend. For the inverse reasons as Hootieleece, I've had to hold my nose while cheering them on since the Liverpool acquisition :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warlock said:

Oh... that Cambridge!

I used to go to Boston a lot on business between 1990 and 2005 and became a Patriots and Red Sox fan as a consequence - the Sox at Fenway was the only baseball game I ever managed to attend. For the inverse reasons as Hootieleece, I've had to hold my nose while cheering them on since the Liverpool acquisition :D

I attended one Red Sox game and just couldn't get into it, except for the hot dogs! Ended up following the Celtics a fair bit though. Good times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, all interesting stuff. Although I have travelled and worked and lived in several other countries, I have never been or felt like going Stateside.

Hopefully now work is done for the day, I might be able to hit the end of March 2023 and do an update. No promises though!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

946203091_LorientinLigue1.png.8ed7fa7be2544ffa8c04d428705b970d.png

FC Lorient - Season 2022/23

After our slump in form, we began November in 7th and contemplating new tactical options

We settled on a return to 4231 and it worked like a treat to as we topped our Europa League group with a final day flourish that we talked about before

We returned to action in December after the World Cup in Qatar (home of PSG) and chalked up a rewarding Friendly Cup triumph in Belgium

Ligue 1 kicked off again at 8 pm on New Years Eve, but we were out-thought, out-fought, and out-played by Rennes when we needed to re-start on a high

January looked better, but take out the three cup wins and we actually only got two narrow wins and three stale draws in our five league fixtures

Ironically the only strong side we faced in that run was Lille, and we beat them 3-2

The other four games we should have won but didn't look good in any of them and we stumbled through a few different formations to address this

1942389003_FCLorient_Fixtures4.2.thumb.png.78547416866168ab3a63b3b17b56024a.png

February was slightly better, but we came up short with defeats against both strong teams we faced (Marseille and PSG) 

We also got dumped out of the cup by Nimes at the Semi Final stage, which left a sour taste as we could have actually gone on to win that trophy

We did manage three league wins (including against fellow Brittany side Brest) and the 0-0 draw at then high-flying Angers was also a decent result

March started with a winnable one-off Europa League tie against Israeli side Hapoel Be'er-Sheva and we duly obliged

Three moderately easy league games followed, but we didn't manage to win any of them as only one point from nine was taken (and no goals were scored)

We were still floundering on the tactical side, with constant changes being made to try and spark off better form that never seemed to come

At least the month ended in slightly better fashion, with a fine 4-2 win over AS Saint-Etienne and a very commendable 0-0 draw away to a good Lille side

2020226686_FCLorient_Fixtures4.3.thumb.png.5063340a7dbed38f7d6cb9ed5ce61d22.png

So we have climbed back up to 6th (after being as low as 9th) but realistically only 5th or 6th seem to be likely spots we can claim (or lower of course)

The performance graph shows that this is the hardest time we have faced since this adventure began four years ago

We seem to be relying very heavily on striker Pierre-Yves Hamel (clearly grateful that hair salons were open again as he now sports a new look) but he needs more help

1338690300_Lorientprogress4.2.thumb.png.24a403b7da6387762daf8d9f6500a7e9.png

Anything else?

Well, the big stories from the last few months have surrounded activity in the transfer market with the £82 million sale of Enzo Le Fee starting it off on 13th January 2023

1177838708_FCLorient_Transfers4.2.thumb.png.aa2027bb7a742103f1a511f43ddc96a0.png

1153502379_LeFeesale13_01_23.thumb.png.bf1d1b6a8c24784953363c1fd8c2942a.png

A couple of players were considered to replace our star talent, with former Lorient man Seko Fofana (27) amongst the targets

Udinese did agree to accept a fee of £26.5 million for the midfielder, but the 33-cap Ivory Coast man was unwilling to start talks over a return

The other permanent deal we tried to do was for ex-Dijon player (and briefly Wolves loanee) Enzo Loiodice (22) who was now at Lyon

A fee of £9 million was accepted by OL, but after initial discussions broke down over wages, we couldn't get his agent to agree to speak with us again

However, whilst we couldn't get a permanent deal done, we made a fantastic loan acquisition just three days after Le Fee joined Man City

The man in question was Florent Da Silva (19) who had previously left Lyon for Liverpool and was regarded as hot property by his new club

In view of that his parent club would only entertain a loan deal, but there may be a chance for us to land the Frenchman permanently one day in the future

As you can see below, we are paying nothing other than £12,000 per week in wages for this wonderkid (who is probably on a par at least with the departed Le Fee)

1563356055_DaSilvaloan16_01_23.thumb.png.60303679314bee0ada765e08534a3d78.png

149262255_DaSilvaprofile.thumb.png.34f059f0f43500c8d4f38e797d14fb05.png

There have been a couple of future deals arranged too, with ex-PSG, Monaco and Juventus left-back Arthur Zagre joining in the summer on a free transfer

We also picked up French starlet Damien Drouet on a pre-contract deal (with no compensation) from Nantes, who seemed remarkably lax in allowing this talent to walk away 

1254270939_FCLorient_Transfers4.3.thumb.png.35224448d1692394032f35b1fb75b4f4.png

2031992963_Zagredeal.thumb.png.ebc1c271d8032b0afc328336f715a853.png

1098712737_Zagreprofile.thumb.png.65c594f0e2f9f93d32e76f03104b83fd.png982776703_Drouetprofile.thumb.png.ba8435c3d07dbd98e167032c1e41c705.png

Is the future bright and orange?

Lorient 2 are 3rd in their league (behind leaders PSG and Rennes) after 22 games

The best performers so far this season are striker Junior Burban with 9 goals in 16 (1) appearances and midfielder Emmanuel Ashu with 6 goals and 7 assists in 21 (1) games

Our Under 19 side is also third in their league after 22 games, just one point behind joint leaders Rennes and Nantes

The best performers here are winger Jean-Maxime Bikoya with 33 goals and 8 assists and striker Romain Carre with 30 goals (both from 31 starts in all competitions)

1874580757_orangefuture.thumb.png.a2c704f14d4f48f55cf0c74e24ec0055.png
 

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Three moderately easy league games followed, but we didn't manage to win any of them

The old late-season slump. I'm sure we've all been there. Hopefully you can find some consistent (good) form - 5th place still looks eminently achievable :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enzo Loiodice put in good put in good service for me in a prior ASSE save. (FM19 I think) but your Liverpool Loanee is much better.

What does your 4-2-3-1 Wide look like? 

I am always looking for tactical ideas even if I don't chop and change after I find something that works.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2020 at 00:52, warlock said:

The old late-season slump. I'm sure we've all been there. Hopefully you can find some consistent (good) form - 5th place still looks eminently achievable :thup:

Thanks, not something i normally suffer from. More of a mid-season slump though! We'll see how it goes, lots of competition to overcome.

23 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Enzo Loiodice put in good put in good service for me in a prior ASSE save. (FM19 I think) but your Liverpool Loanee is much better.

What does your 4-2-3-1 Wide look like? 

I am always looking for tactical ideas even if I don't chop and change after I find something that works.

 

Yes, Enzo looks good but Florent Da Silva is on another level. Whether I can get the best out of him, and find a formation that includes him and my other AMC (Advanced Playmaker) remains to be seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 4 is complete but it's late here now and I have another day in the office tomorrow, so an update will follow in due course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the transfers you made. Da Silva definitely a worthy replacement for Le Fee. Even the young Winger Drouet should cause a lot of problems with his jumping and heading ability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

I like the transfers you made. Da Silva definitely a worthy replacement for Le Fee. Even the young Winger Drouet should cause a lot of problems with his jumping and heading ability. 

Thanks, yes Da Silva was a great signing - exactly what was needed at the time.

I was amazed that Nantes let Drouet go (and that no compensation was due). He looks like a future star to me (but will probably start in the Under 19 squad).

Zagre is a no-risk signing on a free transfer. He is always reliable (had him briefly at West Brom), and is young and French too. 

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1309339294_LorientinLigue1.png.5c518ea42bf29a3c74d19df0e1b66e7c.png

FC Lorient - Season 2022/23

As April approached, we were in a three way battle with Marseille & Rennes for Europa League slots (5th and 6th)

We started the month on fire, with a 4-0 win over the aforementioned Rennes that we thought may kill their challenge

An away point at Monaco and home win over OL were also great results, and made up for our Europa League Quarter Final exit at the hands of Arsenal

Unfortunately, the last three league games of the month saw two draws and just one win as we seemed determined to make this a difficult end to the season

May started off with victory over Bordeaux, and it took an 89th minute winner from PSG to come out on top against us next time out

We were 5th as we then hosted a very ordinary Toulouse side at home, but we came up short and a 0-0 bore draw was a major setback as we started to flag

Our final two games were both on the road, but we rose to the challenge to win 2-1 at Nimes to set up a dramatic final day

A trip to relegated Reims should have been easily winnable, but after battling back to level we switched off again and lost 2-1

Moments earlier we had been 6th (and earlier in the day 5th) but this and other results for Rennes and Marseille saw us fall to 7th and miss out on Europe 

1649985610_FCLorient_Fixtures4.4.thumb.png.782a01892c2f6fd112ef5cc5ee2d2116.png

Assistant Manager Eric Blahic was gutted as we forced him to take the post-match press conference

141213913_Reimsreaction.thumb.png.d6bb5650371912447b76a182bbdb5856.png

And here is the final Ligue 1 table showing how we had narrowly failed to meet our objectives for the first time in four years

1443487345_Ligue1tableseason4.thumb.png.a87221c0355b39bc339667d63863f22b.png

Here is the season review which shows in the performance graph how we had struggled in the second half of the season

787192846_Lorientseasonreview4.0.thumb.png.3d2c1c3c28bab3ceb04ba3198c201331.png

Pierre-Yves Hamel was top scorer yet again, and delivered the best average rating in the squad

1141673009_Lorientprogress4.3.thumb.png.19886a1c82b16d68ddb2b25dcabfcf51.png

Here are the player stats across all competitions (excluding Le Fee who was sold partway through the season)

Other than Hamel, creative midfielder Ouattara and the regular back four of Mendes, Laporte, Tchamba & Lecoeuche also posted great numbers

285317049_FCLorient_Players4.3.thumb.png.e8abd2fe1594a599ed3f83589b4a3739.png

9671056_FCLorient_Players4.4.thumb.png.0c4ae9b625c887543d1ec97882331730.png

Hamel was the winner of the fans award, not for the first time

908788307_Lorientawards4.0.thumb.png.635944578b9f53f62392076b744a6ec3.png

Anything else?

Building work is about to start on our new 25,257 capacity all-seater stadium, it will cost just under £40 million and will take two years to finish (so will be ready in 2025)

824747217_Lorientnewstadium.thumb.png.76ebec8ac782d3467d9a39f0d4fa933f.png

Due to good governance of finances during the last four years (and the sale of Le Fee), the board have given very generous transfer and wage budgets for 2023/24

1695141626_Lorientbudgetsforseason5.thumb.png.db1f650527255930f554ab62d400c448.png

Another young French talent will arrive on a free transfer in July, when winger Lisandru Tramoni joins the Lorient 2 development squad

1428534182_Tramonijoins09_06_23.thumb.png.66a0931e5a5734bc2dd0636512179d51.png

1488697511_Tramoniprofile.thumb.png.0ccd699787f2f9d33149bdd1e7bf7cd0.png

Is the future bright and orange?

Lorient 2 had a decent season, finishing 3rd behind PSG and Rennes

1458404382_ChampionnatNational2GroupeB4.0.thumb.png.c7058acf17f47c1ffb9fdf76b2637203.png

Lorient 2 squad stats in appearance order with Ashu and Burban arguably the most influential performers (and a better goal ratio at this level for Toure)

143289424_FCLorient2_Squad4.1.thumb.png.6f37d0fb02dae0c27b84104dff16b789.png

And the Lorient Under 19 side did well too, finishing 2nd to Nantes

1364214562_ChampionnatNationalU19GroupeC4.0.thumb.png.30bbd814a210492df73cd1bc5650922f.png

Under 19 squad stats in appearance order with Bikoya, Soler, Crepin and Carre the best of an impressive bunch

2083157067_FCLorientUnder19Squad4.1.thumb.png.8e2ca4b77890bd55471801ff3c36c0e8.png

It had been an ultimately disappointing season for the senior squad, but that group has enough to do better next year with minimal changes required

We also remain consistently strong at both development and youth level, so there are no complaints on this front really

293270739_orangefuture.thumb.png.b5b151638b2af05c97d1ac88178af765.png

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice new stadium. That gives you 2 years to get back to European Nights in Lorient.

Are you planning on bringing in more of the Lorient2 team to the first team? or is it more loans and Free Transfers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

A nice new stadium. That gives you 2 years to get back to European Nights in Lorient.

Are you planning on bringing in more of the Lorient2 team to the first team? or is it more loans and Free Transfers?

The stadium will be good, two years is a long wait though. Perhaps not being in Europe will aid our league campaign.

I have two or three in the first team squad I would be willing to move on. I have over £86 million for transfers, and I can double my wage bill, but I'll try to mainly work with those at the club already in the first team. Most new recruits go to the 2nd Team and Under 19 squad. I really tried to avoid any loans, having just had one in four seasons (and I felt he was essential at the time). There won't be any more loans unless it's a former Lorient player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is an unfortunate end to the season! 

Call me crazy but I think you should splash the money this summer :brock:

BTW which facepack are you using? Tramoni never had a face on mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

That is an unfortunate end to the season! 

Call me crazy but I think you should splash the money this summer :brock:

BTW which facepack are you using? Tramoni never had a face on mine. 

Hello Crazy!

It was disappointing, but we only have ourselves to blame. With £40 million going on the new stadium and no European money, I feel this is the season to try and spend no money (or very little) and integrate some of the younger players in to the main squad if one or two move on.

I will PM you about the face pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlucky in missing out on Europe by a point.  How is your job security looking considering you failed to qualify for Europe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Raware said:

Unlucky in missing out on Europe by a point.  How is your job security looking considering you failed to qualify for Europe?

Thanks, I feel it was more poor performances rather than unlucky - but I know what you mean!

Job security is fine as far as I know. After winning promotion in the first season we have never been asked to do any more than fight relegation. I haven't checked but 5th, 5th and 7th whilst raking in money should be keeping the board happy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

5th, 5th and 7th whilst raking in money should be keeping the board happy!

You'd hope :lol:

What's *your* goal for the season? Top 6, or something more ambitious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, warlock said:

You'd hope :lol:

What's *your* goal for the season? Top 6, or something more ambitious?

The target will be the same again really, European football of some sort. Champions League would be perfect, but I can't be greedy.

Hopefully I can get a few more HGC players involved too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...