Line of Code for the Media Screens?

stevemc

Hi all,

If I wanted to add a background for media screens, like this, what is the line of code I'd need? I thought it might be this, but it appears not:

<record from="skysportsnews" to="graphics/pictures/media/261/background"/>    

z838CiR.jpg

Edited by stevemc

Just now, stevemc said:

I thought as much, as I've fiddled around - but how come, if it's got a unique ID assigned?

there no club/team/player etc seperation name for it. :( 

@stevemc This is the code that you need to use to get backgrounds to show. My really poor example, but you can see that it works. Have fun!

<record from="261" to="graphics/pictures/media_source/261/background"/>

Sky-Sports-News-Profile-2.png

Edited by Watson156

44 minutes ago, stevemc said:

@Watson156 Nice one mate, I can't believe I tried every iteration of media source too, except the one with an underscore!

No worries, it was only when I saw your post that I remembered that I had some media logos and wondered if they showed up on the same screen as you posted! 

You making a media background pack by any chance?!?!? 

50 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

No worries, it was only when I saw your post that I remembered that I had some media logos and wondered if they showed up on the same screen as you posted! 

You making a media background pack by any chance?!?!? 

Yeah I might possibly give it go, just given it a test now to see how it works, think it works quite well... Do you know anywhere in game where you can see a list of the media sources? They're a little stashed away.

SJPus5j.jpg

lmf5Aft.jpg

TVmPt2J.jpg

efDsSrD.png

They look fantastic. I don't know about a list of sources, but maybe there might be one on the FM Editor, if you search by competition/nation/continent maybe? Apart from that I am not 100% sure but I'll keep checking.

11 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

They look fantastic. I don't know about a list of sources, but maybe there might be one on the FM Editor, if you search by competition/nation/continent maybe? Apart from that I am not 100% sure but I'll keep checking.

That's a good shout, I'll take a look in the editor, otherwise I'll just have to organically screenshot them as I'm passing through my save on the News Screen or interviews etc.

5 hours ago, Watson156 said:

@stevemc This is the code that you need to use to get backgrounds to show. My really poor example, but you can see that it works. Have fun!

<record from="261" to="graphics/pictures/media_source/261/background"/>

oh that’s awesome. excellent work mate 

Does anybody know if we can change these logo's? I have tried changing the line in the config to icon but that hasn't changed it. Anybody else got an idea?

Untitled.png

EDIT: So I've been looking around on the resource archiver and I think I have found this panel. I dont know what I might be looking for in regards to changing the logo or even if its possible so maybe some clever cookie here can have a look at it and hopefully come up with a great idea to replace these logo's with real ones.

press conference inbox panel.xml

Edited by Watson156

I end up having to create most of my own backgrounds, as most decent backgrounds don't exist for media, and just the logo looks a meh. Still needs a bit of work.

Couple more examples:

dsevBmN.jpg

qQcy4Dq.jpg

D8cJxzg.jpg

MvukzOJ.jpg

DxZsYM6.jpg

6MEhJeo.jpg

zakqd4o.jpg

tbXuMsI.jpg

dg0Uex9.jpg

10 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

They look fantastic, really love the L'equipe one. Have you also made the logos for these or are they available to download somewhere?

Logos and images Just from Google - hires where possible, or vector sites as SVG files for some logo's too.

2 hours ago, stevemc said:

Logos and images Just from Google - hires where possible, or vector sites as SVG files for some logo's too.

New pack incoming or should is self google these? 

I've been working through some of these today, here's a few more examples, media sources are quite hard to track down as there is no real list you can work through in-game, the editor helped track a few down though, this might have to be something I organically update whilst I'm playing through my save:

KarUK2D.jpg

XlgRex9.jpg

QlEgGMF.jpg

I1gwjA8.jpg

3H2vSmd.jpg

JyIZvSs.jpg

zv2ISvM.jpg

HZBzb8K.jpg

FMiz6yw.jpg

Here is what I've done so far (38, but some are duplicated/coded into multiple of the same medias), feel free to download and do whatever you wish with them :thup:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cx1md5yzk4nubrm/media_source.zip/file

Edited by stevemc

23 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Might be easier to pull them up in the editor instead. 

Yeah had a look in there too, it helped, managed to get a good list - not sure I was looking in the right place. There was a media section, but it didn't seem to be an extensive list.

There's plenty more to go at, found a few more tonight since I've been playing:

lXAhaRr.png

9 hours ago, Watson156 said:

Does anybody know if we can change these logo's? I have tried changing the line in the config to icon but that hasn't changed it. Anybody else got an idea?

Untitled.png

EDIT: So I've been looking around on the resource archiver and I think I have found this panel. I dont know what I might be looking for in regards to changing the logo or even if its possible so maybe some clever cookie here can have a look at it and hopefully come up with a great idea to replace these logo's with real ones.

press conference inbox panel.xml 7.14 kB · 0 downloads

It would be good if you could get these icons to record through the logo's I've just added in the media_source folder - looks like they are pulling in a generic background image currently.

So I've been having a look at what I think is the panel that controls the small logos that were looking to change. From what I understand, I don't think it will be possible to change the logo's for each individual media company. Like you said each different type of media source (magazine, radio, website etc) uses a generic background image. I would therefore imagine that if we put the sky sports logo for example as the default background for websites then it would show up for every website and not just sky sports.

I'll upload the panel for websites that I was looking at, and maybe somebody can see a way in which we can incorporate having individual logos for each media source etc.

object portrait picture news feed media source website.xml

1 hour ago, bluestillidie00 said:

i was gonna replace the entire graphic with something like the athletic but knew people would probably moan so i didn’t haha

Do you mean have a universal logo for all Websites, Newspapers, Radio etc. A bit like they are now but with the athletic like you said?

12 minutes ago, stevemc said:

That's a shame, I'm not too clued up on the coding side of things so I'd be useless looking at it.

The page under the world dropdown just wasnt having it. :( 

33 minutes ago, stevemc said:

I've just found the full list of media sources, under WORLD > OVERVIEW > MEDIA SOURCES.

The list is massive :D

There are no more than 62 real media sources in the current official DB. Logos for all of them in DVX Logos Logopack. 😉

Edited by duccio

30 minutes ago, duccio said:

There are no more than 62 real media sources in the current official DB. Logos for all of them in DVX Logos Logopack. 😉

I think hes using hte sortitoutsi expansion file so he'll have over 500 ingame.

I've got a list of around 70 I'm working through this week, that will give about 100 completed. Then after that I'll probably put the list in country order and do them in order of biggest first.

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

I think hes using hte sortitoutsi expansion file so he'll have over 500 ingame.

For sure. The scrollbar is very short in the screenshot, and it would make little sense to try to add logos for Ruritania Football Bugle and the likes (unless a generic one for a range of IDs?). Depending on what expansion file it is, it might be one I contributed to several years ago. Though hopefully the file has been reworked since then, as many of the more obscure media sources I edited in have ceased to exist.

Edited by duccio

Right, I've done 94 backgrounds this week for media sources, all bookmakers are done, some radio stations in there too, just a mixed bag really. Now I've got an actual list, I can work though by country, probably won't get much done this weekend though. I've have the sortitoutsi Media Pack add on too.

Some more examples below:

4IgkzO7.jpg

EAdChfR.jpg

memJDud.jpg

0r4C4e4.jpg

vj1Xd2J.jpg

WDGE3YL.jpg

If you'd like the latest pack, download link is below:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b4mhlwnbmoqxcp2/media_source.zip/file

Edited by stevemc

• 2 weeks later...

@stevemc Great pack thanks.

I have made a pack of all the Mexican and American media logos as I am playing in Liga MX...But i thought they had to be 360x360 and yours are 180x180 and yet mine aren't showing up. I have another pack where 360x360 images work fine. I tried to upload a screenshot to show you but I cant upload it or the config file for some reason. Any help would be great.  @Watson156 might be able to help too.

config.xml

Edited by ArnDaddy

3 hours ago, ArnDaddy said:

I have made a pack of all the Mexican and American media logos as I am playing in Liga MX...But i thought they had to be 360x360 and yours are 180x180 and yet mine aren't showing up. I have another pack where 360x360 images work fine. I tried to upload a screenshot to show you but I cant upload it or the config file for some reason. Any help would be great.  @Watson156 might be able to help too.

config.xml 26.35 kB · 0 downloads

On first sight your XML attachment seems ok.

My images are compressed transparent .PNG files, not sure what yours are?

Also, this is my saved location - is yours the same?

/Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020/graphics/backgrounds/media_source/logos/config.xml

Edited by stevemc

Mine are .PNG but i dont thnk they are transparent, i can look into changing it.

My saved location is a bit different too: C:\Users\arndaddy\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics\pictures\media_source (these are the logos)

Change the last part of the file path to mine, and see if it works:

Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020/graphics/backgrounds/media_source/logos/config.xml

Try clearing your cache too.

Edited by stevemc

13 minutes ago, ArnDaddy said:

@stevemc so i put your files and mine both in this folder, yours work and mine dont for some reason. Very annoying! Thanks for the help though!

Shame we can't get these images to show instead of the stock website/newspaper/television icons too!

Must be an issue with your files, or file types, maybe the sizes of them, or special characters in the names etc?

23 hours ago, ArnDaddy said:

Mine are .PNG but i dont thnk they are transparent, i can look into changing it.

My saved location is a bit different too: C:\Users\arndaddy\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics\pictures\media_source (these are the logos)

The filename extension must be lower case (.png).

On 10/06/2020 at 15:56, ArnDaddy said:

config.xml 26.35 kB · 2 downloads

Are you running any custom databases that include media sources? If you are then maybe the id's of the media sources have changed and don't work with the current config.

That is the only thing that I can think of as like Steve said everything in the config file seems to be ok.

9 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

Are you running any custom databases that include media sources? If you are then maybe the id's of the media sources have changed and don't work with the current config.

That is the only thing that I can think of as like Steve said everything in the config file seems to be ok.

Is he running the media sources file from sortitoutsi? there are only 67 or so sources in the default as far as im aware?