Sports Interactive Community
fmaddict999

Is this the biggest FM20 Exploit?

I've just noticed a Youtube video posted on how to sign players and sell them straight away, and wondered what your guys thoughts are on this, is it cheating? I'm not sure what to make of it and I've never seen a exploit this bad before.

- Near Post Corner Routine
- Long Throw In

Against (you)

- Indirect Free Kick Far Post

If it works and you're happy with it then end of the day its your save, play it how you want.

Being able to sell players for a considerable profit days within signing them is quite clearly, in essence, a cheat. It's adding more money to your clubs balance, with extra steps than doing it through the editor.

In my opinion, that is not cheating.

You exploit a bug in the code, but you don't alter any data in order to get a profit or any kind of advantage.

It can happen in real life tho. The video itself references the transfer of Benik afobe where he transferred to a club then to a new one days later for increased value. 

Am I still right in saying that irl in theory you can transfer multiple times but only play competitively for 2 teams? 

im sure if a club signed a player for £10million and another club desperately wanted him for £15m then it would happen. 

My personal preference is to avoid any type of cheating or loop hole, so I avoid such fan videos or blog posts, such as "list of wonderkids" or "killer tactics". I prefer to learn on my own.

(The only "cheat" I sometimes do is to invite outside players for a trial, so I don't have to pay for scouting).

8 hours ago, phd_angel said:

My personal preference is to avoid any type of cheating or loop hole, so I avoid such fan videos or blog posts, such as "list of wonderkids" or "killer tactics". I prefer to learn on my own.

(The only "cheat" I sometimes do is to invite outside players for a trial, so I don't have to pay for scouting).

I also do that, but mainly to save time.

People. Imagine Man Utd signing Zlatan tomorrow. Then placing him in U18s and telling him he has no future what so ever. 

He will look to leave ASAP, teams may or may not be interested but realistically, the player will look for a way out

It's not a cheat, its a transfer loophole. This has and can happen in real life, but the in real life you'll suffer more. Its bad for business in real life also will mess with squad dynamics. 

Also, another example Martin Demichelis

He was signed and sold by A Madrid in the same window 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/14/footballers-joining-and-leaving-a-club-in-the-same-transfer-window-the-knowledge

It's a complicated cheat ... why not just use the editor which is much quicker?

You could argue that saving and reloading when you get a result you don't like is a loophole because the game hasn't coded the passage of time to prevent you from going back. 

At the end of the day, its down to each person to decide how they want to play for themselves. However, an exploit tends to be something you can stumble upon unwittingly. So for example, corner routines and such - a player can stumble into that without ever knowing its existence. When you have to go through a rather precise and deliberate set of steps to reproduce something then it tends to be more cheating. 

You don't sign experienced players on huge wages for your under 18's with the intention of selling them on a few days later in normal play. You do set up your corner routine with the intention of scoring goals in the course of normal play.

I just don't see why if this is what you want to do in your game, you wouldn't just purchase the IGE and give yourself money. Perhaps other than saving the cost of buying yourself the IGE. 

- - -

To address the Benik Afobe example. Stoke wanted Afobe, Wolves had an option to buy and Stoke were interested in buying from either Bournemouth or Wolves. There was a set fee on offer no matter who the player went to. Now if Bournemouth had been willing to accept a fee from Stoke lower than the option in agreement with Wolves, he no doubt would've gone back to Bournemouth and then been sold to Stoke. 

That's a key difference, there was an offer irrespective of what happened of the same amount. With the free agent there wasn't a £X million offer before and after he is signed by a player. 

What's the actual exploit here? Generally players are extremely reluctant to move straight after a transfer, however you treat them. On top of that, if you overpay them wage-wise to get them, then other teams will be reluctant to sign them anyway.

6 hours ago, r0x0r said:

What's the actual exploit here? Generally players are extremely reluctant to move straight after a transfer, however you treat them. On top of that, if you overpay them wage-wise to get them, then other teams will be reluctant to sign them anyway.

That's exactly the exploit. You sign a player for free, do a few specific things, use a specific player conversation option, and the AI will ignore that the player has just joined you and put in offers like normal.  After a couple of days the player is sold. The example in the video used a League 2 club signing 3 free transfers, after a week all 3 were sold for £3 mill total. Other than signing bonus and agent fees, pure profit. 

I did this by accident when signing a player on pre contract before quickly realising I wouldn’t need him. No fiddling around just offered him out when he arrived and was sold for basically full value. Repeating it with 3 players this time sort of backfired as the committed wages hit the following season budget.

I kind of view it as acting as a ‘broker’ to shift redundant players from huge clubs to smaller ones. Kind of like a reverse Robert Jarni.

I mean it is a clear exploit, and about as easy to justify as giving yourself extra money with the in game editor. To the point that I do not see why you would not just do the latter to start with and save the hassle? Anyway, its a personal choice how to play a game, so whatever floats your boat. The only time to criticise the use of exploits is when something is bragging about their results after using a cheat or exploit. But that is a whole other story!

I was having a bit of mess around with this the other night. Tried it with a few different teams to see what it's about and it doesn't work all the time, and is difficult to even make any money in the lower leagues. I tried with Boreham Wood and the best I could manage was £49k for a goalkeeper. Worst one I got was offered £2.4k. Interestingly enough, the young players released from Prem/Championship teams I got, would then be bought by Prem/Championship teams. The amount of players I had to go through to test it all would have made it not worth the effort had I wanted to do it within a 'proper game'. Tried with Everton too and got a few through which sold for £5m odd but ended up with 2 players that had no offers at all. Ben Watson and another one, the name escapes me. From what I seen, that example in the video of Van Ginkel would be few and far between.

Is this the biggest exploit? No, not even close.

It’s pretty telling that I posted an actual exploit in this thread and requested it patched by SI and staff deleted it without any explanation.

Shame. After spending $60 on a barely functioning FM 2020 on google Stadia and another $50 on Steam this is how SI and Sega treats its consumers.

It's kind of an exploit because, in a more realistic setting, the squad should get unhappy when there are repeated instances of this. Or you should get a reputation of someone that does not treat new signings well, making players less likely to want to play for you.

But in the end, a exploit is a exploit, much like the "offer Wage After International Games clause even when the player has no chance of call-up, to lower their wage demands" that still happens in FM20. At least you're not hurting another player's experience that way, unless you're playing on multiplayer, so do as you wish.

On 24/05/2020 at 11:16, RDF Tactics said:

People. Imagine Man Utd signing Zlatan tomorrow. Then placing him in U18s and telling him he has no future what so ever. 

He will look to leave ASAP, teams may or may not be interested but realistically, the player will look for a way out

It's not a cheat, its a transfer loophole. This has and can happen in real life, but the in real life you'll suffer more. Its bad for business in real life also will mess with squad dynamics. 

They would take the free wages.

It's a loophole for a totally unrealistic event. 

Ultimately fm is played against yourself so you’re cheating yourself. Play the game how makes you happiest is what I say. 

I don't arrange friendlies with big teams when im a small club. for money.

I hate offering instalments or addons if I cant afford the transfer. I do it rarely if the player is basically one of the worlds best and im guaranteed European football the next season.