Sports Interactive Community

Good evening,

I write here without knowing if I am in the right place,
but seriously either I am a big idiot or I do not understand, and in this case I hope that one will be able to help me.

Apart from tactical choices or players' roles, mentality or similar tasks

I feel like this game is full of chance and if the computer decides to win the game it will win it. I try to get the most coherent tactic (s) according to my players I try to apply myself to learn the roles the tasks the lines etc etc 

but i realize i'm just the idiot who presses continue and start match actually

I tried to find the best staff and follow all the advice or conversely make my tactics and my choices as I think by making lots of changes during a coherent match or so to let the players adapt to my tactics without touching anythingand whether it is in the end the best of the championship or the last I never arrive or just by miracle without knowing how to straighten a score or keep a score or even manage my lead am i the only one who did this?
or is it chance that decides everything?
where did i understand the game mechanism?
if someone has the patience and the motivation to answer me i thank him in advance, sorry for my average english

8 minutes ago, christian57 said:

Chance plays a big part in football in general. Since the game can change on a single mistake. And there is little you can really do about that. It is just something you accept. It will go for you sometimes and against you sometimes. At a more complicated level football is about managing risk vs reward, and that is tricky.

10 minutes ago, christian57 said:

There are a lot of good guides on this forum that can start you along the way. I guess the question is what exactly do you want to learn? Because there is a lot to learn in FM, and it takes time and practise (like many games) to master. It is worth the effort, but it is also very easy to feel overwhelmed and then lose confidence. 

11 minutes ago, christian57 said:

if someone has the patience and the motivation to answer me i thank him in advance, sorry for my average english

Your English is good, so no worries there! There are many people who are going to be willing to offer help, advice, and answer specific questions for you. 

If I may offer a thread I made last year, which details how I approach the game.

It could be a good place to start. As the first post is focused on how I approach designing how I want to play. By thinking about what I want players to do, and then trying to translate that to FM. I was aiming this thread at people who wanted to learn how to approach the game in a way that was a little deeper than just pick a tactic and press go. There are also many other threads that have a lot of info, but I think before giving you too much info that would overload you it would be good to know exactly what you are looking for. 

what I would like is to be able to master the game so that we can react according to such or such situations in the match

what I would like is to be able to master the game so that we can react according to such or such situations in the match
ability to react correctly after conceding a goal
there I have the impression that I never know how to react according to such or such action of play in match
I see that I have possession
that I dominate or other but as soon as I touch a setting often it's a lost match

I just realized that I play in long summary but with everything had accelerated speed during and between strong times suddenly I will slow it down already

4 hours ago, christian57 said:

Good evening,

I write here without knowing if I am in the right place,
but seriously either I am a big idiot or I do not understand, and in this case I hope that one will be able to help me.

Apart from tactical choices or players' roles, mentality or similar tasks

I feel like this game is full of chance and if the computer decides to win the game it will win it. I try to get the most coherent tactic (s) according to my players I try to apply myself to learn the roles the tasks the lines etc etc 

but i realize i'm just the idiot who presses continue and start match actually

I tried to find the best staff and follow all the advice or conversely make my tactics and my choices as I think by making lots of changes during a coherent match or so to let the players adapt to my tactics without touching anythingand whether it is in the end the best of the championship or the last I never arrive or just by miracle without knowing how to straighten a score or keep a score or even manage my lead am i the only one who did this?

Basically, youve learned that

1) The game is confusing, especially to a new player

2) Its got lots of badly worded information and advice/visual representations of things, that on the face of it look like they will help you but can ruin your tactics

3) For a tactic to work well, it is the COLLECTIVE of the 11 players functioning as a unit, than each individual player playing in his "preferred" role, regardless of whether that produces red spots on your pitch icon, or that your players dont have green pies etc and instead have yellow ones

4) Your assistant manager has a propensity to talk undiluted nonsense

5) Although a few people can design brilliant tactics with every single team they touch (which kind of renders the game pointless anyway), the game is HARD and it needs a little patience and practice, or it can get stressful.

You just need to watch the matches. See what happens. See where there is space you can attack. See how the opponent attacks you and stop their threat. Think of how partnerships work in real football teams, like the one you support.

Maybe post a tactic here and we can take a look at it and advise too.

Hello, thank you for your advice all that I can understand where I get confused,

it's at the time of the match, once my tactics have been made consistent according to various good guides.

at this moment there I do not know what I can change or what it is necessary to avoid touching and in match in function to succeed to see such or such action of goal 

I think it would be great if someone made a good guide on match adaptation advice and team player analysis. This is what I get stuck in a lot and I also tend to follow the advice of my assistant

thank you all for your advice I finally understood thanks to the kindness and mutual aid of the forum here is the start of my career finally I take pleasure

IMG_20200524_142548.jpg