FM Touch training

So far I'm 8 games into the season (playing as Fiorentina in Serie A and unbeaten) but pretty much every player in my first team is seeing their attributes completely tanking. 

I've left the training delegated to the assistant and training facilities are average but surely this shouldn't lead to a complete deterioration in attributes for all players in the first team? 

On a side note, my reserve team gets smashed every game but their attributes haven't suffered with some actually developing and improving in areas. 

Do I need to take charge of the training and tailor it more to the first team, if so is there a specific guide for fm touch or will the general guides for fm 20 full version cover it? 

There isn't much if any info about training in FMT

I'm not sure if it ACTUALLY makes any difference but I usually take over training and focus on Defending or Attacking (depending on where the issue is) if my team take a slump in form, seems to make a difference but could just be coincidence/placebo.

Edited by scwiffy

@Neil Brock

@Lucas

@Alistair Skewes

@Alex Pitt

Guys, can you give any info on whether taking control of training or delegating actually makes a difference? Could there be another reason for players attributes suffering negatively from delegating to the assistant? 

It may be that I haven't looked into it in game in any detail but can you create training schedules for groups of players similar to the old FM mobile? (I.e defenders, midfielders, attackers etc?) 

1 hour ago, scwiffy said:

There isn't much if any info about training in FMT

I'm not sure if it ACTUALLY makes any difference but I usually take over training and focus on Defending or Attacking (depending on where the issue is) if my team take a slump in form, seems to make a difference but could just be coincidence/placebo.

Yeah, I don't see that the training is affecting the players. When left in the assistant's hands so far all my attacking players attributes are becoming worse and my defenders Defending attributes are becoming worse! 

I've also delved further into it and I have my assistant retraining AMRs to play LB?? 😂. I have no idea why this is happening to be honest. 

Edited by Morgs76951
Grammar correction

Yeah I see that a lot (positional retraining). As soon as I spot it i take control of that individuals training as training for a new/less familiar role takes up PA points.

Last thing I found was that club rep and training facilties have the greatest impact for training in FMT but that was a long time ago, I started another thread here asking that exact question but no response

I never take control of training, the AM always seems to do a decent job. I've found that better facilities and game time for younger players are the most important thing. Players do have attributes that decline but this seems to be the case in the full version of the game too. Overall I haven't found any alarming declines that would definitely indicate something wrong I don't think.

I think there is a bug in the training. At the start when I first take charge, all the training intensities are at ‘automatic’ but the intensity is very light. I usually change it to something else and then back to ‘automatic’ and it usually increases to medium. 

8 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

On the subject of training, I get this a lot but not sure how to resolve as the options in training is limited. Any ideas? 

FM20 Touch_2020-06-06-07-39-37.jpg

You can change the intensity in the player's development tab. Although I wouldn't worry too much about player unhappiness regarding training.

I have done ok adapting something that i saw on training from the main game, i just cant remember where, and using it on touch. I just leave squad training on balanced but take over the Individual training. In the main game he has success putting every player on train position, not the the roll, and then selecting additional focus and player traits. So far i have seen my players like training and seen some attributes increase. The only time i have used player roll as a training focus is if the position given as player position isn’t the one i want to train. I have found once they become good in the position and play there enough the position changes and i switch them ion to that like the others. I set intensity to automatic in case it adjusts the work load accordingly. 

I do put fitness early in preseason and sometimes when you get the monthly training report i look at the upcoming months fixtures and see if one aspect would help more, top team-easy fixtures i might train attacking, not sure if this helps. 

Lastly i let the assistant set up mentor groups, then take over and look at the influential player in each group, sometimes i think there are better ones so i swap them. 

No facts to back this up it just looked like it worked

6 hours ago, landskill said:

I have done ok adapting something that i saw on training from the main game, i just cant remember where, and using it on touch. I just leave squad training on balanced but take over the Individual training. In the main game he has success putting every player on train position, not the the roll, and then selecting additional focus and player traits. So far i have seen my players like training and seen some attributes increase. The only time i have used player roll as a training focus is if the position given as player position isn’t the one i want to train. I have found once they become good in the position and play there enough the position changes and i switch them ion to that like the others. I set intensity to automatic in case it adjusts the work load accordingly. 

I do put fitness early in preseason and sometimes when you get the monthly training report i look at the upcoming months fixtures and see if one aspect would help more, top team-easy fixtures i might train attacking, not sure if this helps. 

Lastly i let the assistant set up mentor groups, then take over and look at the influential player in each group, sometimes i think there are better ones so i swap them. 

Great thanks! 

13 hours ago, landskill said:

Yeah this is my advice, leave on general but for players with potential I do individual.

From what I've seen I wouldn't recommend tasking AM with mentoring, I do that myself as they tend to just pick the older players as mentors without much consideration of the personalities they are passing on. Mentoring is only useful if you have a "significant" influential player (regardless of age) with a desirable personality on a group of young players who have balanced or undesirable personalities 

• 1 month later...
Am 22.5.2020 um 13:31 schrieb Morgs76951:

@Neil Brock

@Lucas

@Alistair Skewes

@Alex Pitt

Guys, can you give any info on whether taking control of training or delegating actually makes a difference? Could there be another reason for players attributes suffering negatively from delegating to the assistant? 

It may be that I haven't looked into it in game in any detail but can you create training schedules for groups of players similar to the old FM mobile? (I.e defenders, midfielders, attackers etc?) 

This unanswered questions still is a crucial one - my impression is that player's progress by training (also individual training by myself) in general is nearly non-existent on FM Touch...
Or are there other people who have contrary impressions/experience?
In general, it seems to be nearly impossible to develop young talents as used to in the full FM version!? At least that's my impression at the moment...

Edited by freshandy

On 23/07/2020 at 03:20, freshandy said:

This unanswered questions still is a crucial one - my impression is that player's progress by training (also individual training by myself) in general is nearly non-existent on FM Touch...
Or are there other people who have contrary impressions/experience?
In general, it seems to be nearly impossible to develop young talents as used to in the full FM version!? At least that's my impression at the moment...

None of my young prospects have developed at all in FM20. In FM19 I had one guy I bought when he was 17 and he quickly developed into a star but I was starting him on our first team. The largest clubs in the world seem to develop players, but the low level clubs I manage don’t at all. 

Am 24.7.2020 um 14:55 schrieb 3runhomer:

None of my young prospects have developed at all in FM20. In FM19 I had one guy I bought when he was 17 and he quickly developed into a star but I was starting him on our first team. The largest clubs in the world seem to develop players, but the low level clubs I manage don’t at all. 

Well, my impression also is that it is more difficult to develop smaller clubs (to titlewinners) in Touch than in the "full" version*. From my point of view this is due to the limited number of players in the game, compared to the full version. It's extremely difficult to find suitable, affordable players that are able to bring your club a step forward when you are not Liverpool or ManU.
If it is even extremely difficult or nearly impossible to develop young players, this makes it even more difficult, maybe impossible to do (and have fun with) what this game should be about.

Any other impressions by other Touch players in this regard?

* Yes, this should be possible: it's a game, not a copy of real life.

2 hours ago, freshandy said:

Well, my impression also is that it is more difficult to develop smaller clubs (to titlewinners) in Touch than in the "full" version*. From my point of view this is due to the limited number of players in the game, compared to the full version. It's extremely difficult to find suitable, affordable players that are able to bring your club a step forward when you are not Liverpool or ManU.
If it is even extremely difficult or nearly impossible to develop young players, this makes it even more difficult, maybe impossible to do (and have fun with) what this game should be about.

Any other impressions by other Touch players in this regard?

* Yes, this should be possible: it's a game, not a copy of real life.

I only play FMT (iPad) and the difficulty comes from being only able to load 3 nations at the start of your save. This greatly limits the number of newgen players that are going to spawn from outside of those nations loaded. You’ll notice on youth intakes, clubs from non-active leagues tend to get just 1 or 2 players a year at most. Furthermore, the size of your own youth intake is smaller on FMT than FM (I get 4 players a year)

This means you have to place so much more importance on both developing your own players (I’ll touch more on that below) and scouting more effectively. The way I do this is to manually scout every summer. Look through any clubs you know that tend to produce good newgens (ASEC, Enugu Rangers, Hearts of Oak, Enyimba, Colo Colo, Peñarol and America (MEX) are my favourites) Also go through all the international sides and check through all their age groups and scout anyone who looks good enough for you. Yes this takes time but it’s worth doing.

In terms of training, I’ve always left general training to my assistant and I control the individual training for all the players. I set them up training by the position/role that covers most attributes as opposed to what I actually play them as. For example, my strikers play as PF and DLF but all train as Complete Forwards as this covers most attributes in the training category.

So far in FMT20 I have taken Dinamo Zagreb to be the best team in the world (winning 5 CL titles and 4 runners up in 20 years), Sheff Utd to be the best team in England and win the CL and now I’m at Midtjylland and 7 seasons in I am in a position where we dominate domestically and are beginning to do well in Europe. 

It is possible, but takes more work and attention to detail than full fat FM.

vor 32 Minuten schrieb BuryBlade:

I only play FMT (iPad) and the difficulty comes from being only able to load 3 nations at the start of your save. This greatly limits the number of newgen players that are going to spawn from outside of those nations loaded. You’ll notice on youth intakes, clubs from non-active leagues tend to get just 1 or 2 players a year at most. Furthermore, the size of your own youth intake is smaller on FMT than FM (I get 4 players a year)

This means you have to place so much more importance on both developing your own players (I’ll touch more on that below) and scouting more effectively. The way I do this is to manually scout every summer. Look through any clubs you know that tend to produce good newgens (ASEC, Enugu Rangers, Hearts of Oak, Enyimba, Colo Colo, Peñarol and America (MEX) are my favourites) Also go through all the international sides and check through all their age groups and scout anyone who looks good enough for you. Yes this takes time but it’s worth doing.

In terms of training, I’ve always left general training to my assistant and I control the individual training for all the players. I set them up training by the position/role that covers most attributes as opposed to what I actually play them as. For example, my strikers play as PF and DLF but all train as Complete Forwards as this covers most attributes in the training category.

So far in FMT20 I have taken Dinamo Zagreb to be the best team in the world (winning 5 CL titles and 4 runners up in 20 years), Sheff Utd to be the best team in England and win the CL and now I’m at Midtjylland and 7 seasons in I am in a position where we dominate domestically and are beginning to do well in Europe. 

It is possible, but takes more work and attention to detail than full fat FM.

Well, yes and no. I'm playing FMT on PC where I am able to load more than 3 nations - which I'm doing: top 5 nations (top 3 leagues each) plus 5-7 smaller nations with 1 or 2 leagues each. However, this does not really change this point. I'm playing Bristol City in Premier League now, but it's really difficult to find strong players - I have no chance against ManU and ManC, although I have "tons of money".
And - what I would love to do - developing my own strong players - seems to be extremely hard, although I have a very good infrastructure.

However, most probably you're right: need more patience... ;-)

21 minutes ago, freshandy said:

Well, yes and no. I'm playing FMT on PC where I am able to load more than 3 nations - which I'm doing: top 5 nations (top 3 leagues each) plus 5-7 smaller nations with 1 or 2 leagues each. However, this does not really change this point. I'm playing Bristol City in Premier League now, but it's really difficult to find strong players - I have no chance against ManU and ManC, although I have "tons of money".
And - what I would love to do - developing my own strong players - seems to be extremely hard, although I have a very good infrastructure.

However, most probably you're right: need more patience... ;-)

You can’t try and compete with the big teams by playing their way - my favourite quote from the film Moneyball is ‘if we try to play like the Yankees in here (the scouting room), we will lose to the Yankees out there (on the field).‘

You can’t compete financially or reputation wise so you need to be clever and better at scouting than them. If you find the players before the big teams do, you get them when they are cheap(er) and then you can resell them in a few years for big money. Reinvest the money and repeat until you become one of the big clubs. 

As you are able to have more nations and leagues than I can on the iPad, manually scouting will unearth plenty of good talent for you.

Edited by BuryBlade