Sports Interactive Community

Not sure if this is a bug or related to my brexit rules, I am in the middle of a save with Falkirk, I'm no longer able to sign player from other UK clubs until they are over 18, I read the brexit rules at the time but didn't think this was part of it, don't think that it's a realistic result of Brexit either way. 

Ps. Is there any way to look at the signing rules after brexit? 

Hi @walliam, thank you for your post.

We would need more info to determine whether this is a bug or not. It might be the case that Scotland has gone independent and stayed in the EU in this scenario which would mean that there is no issue here.

Are you able to sign players Under the age of 18 from Scotland?

The Brexit rules can be found by navigating to the League you currently play in, then selecting Rules from the Overview tab in the top left hand corner. The Brexit Rules can be found under the Work Permit Rules heading by scrolling down the rules panel.

Sorry for the delay, Scotland hasn't gone independent. 

I can still sign players from other clubs within Scotland under the age of 18.

In the Ladbrokes premiership rules it states that nations treated as non-foreign are; 

All nations in Uk and Ireland 

All overseas territories act nations 

England 

Wales

N. Ireland 

Gibraltar 

Ireland 

Did catch my eye that Scotland aren't on that list but its the rules for the Scottish league, checked the EPL and Scotland replace England in the list. 

On 21/05/2020 at 14:53, Michael Mallia said:
Hi @walliam, thank you for your post.

We would need more info to determine whether this is a bug or not. It might be the case that Scotland has gone independent and stayed in the EU in this scenario which would mean that there is no issue here.

Are you able to sign players Under the age of 18 from Scotland?

The Brexit rules can be found by navigating to the League you currently play in, then selecting Rules from the Overview tab in the top left hand corner. The Brexit Rules can be found under the Work Permit Rules heading by scrolling down the rules panel.

Do you think this is a bug? 

Hi @walliam, no worries thank you for coming back to us.

In that case would it be possible to upload a copy of your save file to our cloud service in order for us to look into it?

You can do so by following the below instructions.

On 28/05/2020 at 08:54, Michael Mallia said:

Hi @walliam, no worries thank you for coming back to us.

In that case would it be possible to upload a copy of your save file to our cloud service in order for us to look into it?

You can do so by following the below instructions.

Just got the file uploaded it went through as 'Falkirik.fm'

Its worth pointing out IRL cross border transfers in the UK require the player to be over the age of 18 unless special dispensation is sought or the player/family are moving. I think the game has linked this to Brexit, but I don't think its inclusion is a bug. 

On 16/06/2020 at 23:54, walliam said:

Just got the file uploaded it went through as 'Falkirik.fm'

Thanks @walliam

Looked at the save and was able to sign players u18 without problem. Are there any specific examples of players you couldn't sign?

Dan