Ridiculous ground share . 580 mile round trip?

Surely this cant be right. I have just been promoted to the premiership with Truro who are based in cornwall and as our stadium doesnt meet premier league requirements we are having to ground share at Port Vale, Stoke on trent. Its a 580 mile round trip for every one of our home games.

38 minutes ago, Nickolaidis1989 said:

Surely this cant be right. I have just been promoted to the premiership with Truro who are based in cornwall and as our stadium doesnt meet premier league requirements we are having to ground share at Port Vale, Stoke on trent. Its a 580 mile round trip for every one of our home games.

Yep - I'd post that in the bugs forum! By far the obvious choice would be Plymouth. But Stoke is just totally silly and I have absolutely no idea why the game's decided to do that.

Edited by Spurs08

It's weird, because FM does have coordinate data on all its stadiums. It would be absolutely trivial for it to just select the closest ground meeting the requirements. And it would be much better than what it does right now, which seems to try and introduce a 'random' element and end up with stupid results.

I think the game could be more transparent with regards to negotiations on stadium rental. At the moment all you get is a message saying 'we're going to be playing here' with little reason as to why.

Plymouth may well be the most obvious place to share from Truro's pov but that doesn't mean that Plymouth want to share with Truro, hence why you've been sent further afield

Are any of the west country clubs compliant? I remember the board forking out £2m for undersoil heating at Valley Parade when I was promoted, I assume to avoid postponed games for TV. 

That said, I doubt currently Port Vale would be either but that deep into a save maybe they're up there too.

1 hour ago, Mickybricks14 said:

I think the game could be more transparent with regards to negotiations on stadium rental. At the moment all you get is a message saying 'we're going to be playing here' with little reason as to why.

Plymouth may well be the most obvious place to share from Truro's pov but that doesn't mean that Plymouth want to share with Truro, hence why you've been sent further afield

If not Plymouth you've got Bristol City and Bournemouth about equidistant - the latter could certainly work as they are a Premier League ground anyway. Port Vale is just stupid, there's a very large number of stadiums closer than that.

Now that is funny, in an annoying way for you OP.

I thought it was odd Bournemouth were using the Majeski, when they have Southampton and Portsmouth relatively next door, but apparently it could be much much worse. 

It's definitely worth posting as a bug, I mean when I think about it whenever Stoke have extensive work done on the stadium it tends to result in a relocation to Hillsborough. Which isn't anywhere near as far, but given the peak district is in the way Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Derby and Nottingham are all much more accessible. 

The most surprising part is that the Port Vale ground is even Premier League standard anyway. It doesn't even have all the seats in (although after 20+ years they are somewhat close now I believe).