Crusade for European Glory! It always begins in Clermont [FM20]

Hootieleece

10 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Another fairly good month for you. You've really got affection for Clermont, I'm pleased you don't care to talk with Dortmund.

This is a one club save...If I get sacked its over. Otherwise it is when Clermont wins the Champions League. 

I'm actually trying to use the tools of the game and trying a few things I hadn't done before when playing. Especially letting the AI handle stuff and not optimize everything at a club and or just buy Haaland, Tonali, and Mbappe/

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Nice updates. Very unlucky in the cup game against Monaco. However league form still seems to be quite strong. 

From your intake Richard looks promising? 

The League form is a little too strong...I want to finish 4rth or 5th so I can play in the Euro Cup.

The Youth Intake has two decent players....

Marius Richard-26A, who is wanted by OL. He could become better than Cardona....I don't see it. I'm thinking if making him an MC.

VVA2KL.jpg

and Axel Reymond-26B, who is to become better than our Right Wing Csoboth.

5IDHMu.jpg

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: April 2026

April is a fairly Straight forward month Four Fixtures. All Matches are in Ligue1 and all are winnable. Especially since we now have everyone healthy.

tIFOgE.jpg

The month started with a trip to Normandy. Clermont visited relegation threatened SM Caen.

w8XnfA.jpg

It was a good game and Romero was the Hero!

The following week FC Metz and their new Manager Claude Puel came calling. Puel said that we walked the ball in and he was sure his team could beat mine easily in pre-match build up.

MwnIMj.jpg

Be careful what you wish for Claude whose team is in the Relegation Zone!

Neco Williams showed what he learned being Trent Alexander-Arnold's Understudy at Liverpool.

wxYUgK.jpg

The next week saw us take a trip to Gascony and Bordeaux. The match against an underachieving team was winnable.

MHHX84.jpg

An Irvin Cardona sighting...I had been wondering when he would get back on the scoresheet.

The Coupe de France finished without us and the result was predictable.

QlmSAR.jpg

Our Semi-Final match against AS Monaco was one to remember.

The Final match of the month was a vist from Nimes Olympique who is overachieving like us so this could be a tricky match.

VbjONc.jpg

and for our efforts we will be playing some kind of European Football next season.

q0Xzj6.jpg

And in Team News, Neco Williams our Right Back signed a Long-term Team Friendly deal.

1JsBgI.jpg

This wards off potential Premier League sides.

League Table and Team Stats

tIFOgE.jpg

Player of the Month

Senna Miangue

A9K9dk.jpg

The Left Back is not flashy, but his steadiness defending behind Cardona allows the latter's Attacking Runs.

Management Report

QM0RFN.jpg

0g6huP.jpg

The financials look better than they are, the team is nearly $30M in the hole for this season. Luckily I am mostly happy with the team and shouldn't need any major moves.

I have a couple of free transfers coming in for depth in midfield that I could end up selling. Also there is interest in Cardona, who I might accept a bid for...(Not to a French Team).

Thanks for Reading!

7 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Really impressive and consistent form. Being 3rd is a fine achievement and gives you another exciting season in Europe whatever the final finish.

We are a bully team like PSG...LOL!

We crush the cellar dwellers and play average against equals and lose to top teams.

Unfortunately, I have just about maxed out the ability of this team. Playing another CL season would be demoralizing.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: May 2026

May would be another light month with 4 fixtures. Two at home and two away. All of them were winnable with the LOSC match being the trickiest.

CKTDJp.jpg

The month opened with a trip to former protege Rene Weiler's Strasbourg team.

z05vJ5.jpg

A professional job was done and we qualified for at least the Euro Cup!

9JeacS.jpg

QVc9Za.jpg

The Board is delighted.

The next game was a home encounter with Angers FCO.

0AyDs0.jpg

It was a decent game we took the lead they came back and tied us and then SuperSub Maolida came in and won the game with a brace of last minute goals!

The trip to Losc Lille was next this is always a tough match.

EC29YS.jpg

We took the lead on a set-piece and looked good for our lead until they subbed in Januzaj who tied the match.

Bernard refused to panic after the Lille game...

jtBX26.jpg

It inspired some of the players.

Bernard decided to strengthen the reserves with an American who can become an HGC.

ibMBDr.jpg

CCAWmd.jpg

Bernard see him as a long term replacement at AML-IF-A.

The final game of the season was against Reims at Stade Gabriel Montpied.

veZtJ4.jpg

It was a spectacle for our fans...

League Table and Teams Stats

J9MYvT.jpg

Player of the Month

Brandon Baiye

J9MYvT.jpg

Our Vice-Captain has been putting in good work even after the return of Nael Jaby.

In more news....

rrMdrq.jpg

The Galactic Empire wins again...at least OL took them to the last day.

We qualify for Champions League...

Km7bCJ.jpg

but must play our way into the Group Stage!

The board provides no extra money to upgrade the team...

pTDEUu.jpg

and we got good money for 3rd place.

FJI89r.jpg

The Board meeting was a good time this year.

LLEP3X.jpg

Gy3ZHI.jpg

No Changes in expectations for Next Season!

In World News: Liverpool continued their Champions League dominance....

l4FCTn.jpg

Management Report

5SyT2H.jpg

ZHPCIK.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Awards Night: 2025-2026

kjG5C7.jpg

Said Arab and Ante Palaversa enter the Team of Clermont greats!

and this is where they are now...

TEeibt.jpg

The Fan Club Awards

uJyy6X.jpg

Manager's Choice Player of the Year

Till Cissokho

s80JkL.jpg

The Captain had another great season leading the defense. Matias Palacios made a strong case, but Cissokho's inclusion in the Ligue1 best XI broke the tie.

Also he was the outfield player who played in the most games and had a Avg. Rating of 7.16.

iwCxGs.jpg

J9MYvT.jpg

Team Overall Stats

mKxbPa.jpg

I was gratified to see the team come in third in goal scoring and first in Possession.

Player Overall Stats

CIzGGd.jpg

Matias Palacios was the hardest working player in Ligue1.

He covered every blade of grass on the pitch.

Fully deserving his award as signing of the season.

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Silly Season: June 2026

The Silly Season is upon us again where the Managers make attempts to strengthen their teams. It is all done to give the fans hope.

AqntaT.jpg

The first signing of the Silly Season is a good young Midfielder that could grow and become an HGC and a Replacement for Baiye or Jaby when the time comes.

Another Silly Season signing, an American Midfielder that I can sell at a profit if he doesn't work out.

4vmR5E.jpg

I made a request to get an Affiliate to expand our Youth Development and Loan out players.

AKm7yY.jpg

This was my choice.

OL is Trolling Us for our Youth Intake...before he even signs a Professional Contract shades of Stanislaus Limbombe-20A.

FVHfp2.jpg

Another Silly Season Signing but one to help the Backline in a few years...

K76JvR.jpg

Silly Season is in full force...Overpaid this guys salary but he will be a backup AMC in the future...with some development.

dHPdwt.jpg

The Regular Season Schedule is released...

FJmPLr.jpg

The First Month looks manageable since we will also be in Champion League Qualifying.

OM and OL came after Richard-26A Hard!

z5uOIs.jpg

OM's falls through because of Takeover!

APYEf2.jpg

OL gets Richard-26A...

rmNdL1.jpg

Another Silly Season signing...I should see a profit after some development.

36PAlz.jpg

He will also give the Clermont2 GK some competition.

Mohamed Larbi a prior Silly Season signing had been on Loan at Newly promoted Rodez FC and they might make it permanent.

1tqgQb.jpg

I'm happy that he will play in Ligue1. We just man mark and hard tackle him when we play.

Transfers Report

4TCdtr.jpg

ECpoPh.jpg

Sebastian Reyes-CB

gxEn2t.jpg

Maxence Riehl-MC

noPKby.jpg

Tarik Afkir-MC

spt9iE.jpg

Edgar Torres-GK 

LlN0tj.jpg

Alex Reynoso- CB/MC

Eww2OV.jpg

Hari Baldam-MC

hguRtM.jpg

Mahmoud Ashraf-MC/AMC

2GN0uf.jpg

Most of these players will be on Clermont2 and will have PPMS developed this season. The youngest will spend all of their next 3 seasons in Clermont2 or in Emergency in the First Team to gain HGC status.

Preseason Preview

zTYYi0.jpg

Management Report

sKlRVb.jpg

twJRBF.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Preseason: July 2026

Bernard welcomed the team back and told them of his ambitious schedule of Friendlies to get them ready for the season.

Bernard had talked with other managers about the Preseason and decided to try 10 games to get match fitness. He also did it because Training Camp would be in Auvergne this year.

The Team was Appraised by the AssMan.

rm3nr2.jpg

The Preseason Schedule had a few  more and better teams than in the Past. The highlight of the Schedule was Barcelona's visit to Clermont.

2hvyuD.jpg

The Preseason started out with the traditional game between the First and Second Teams.

DoDrYP.jpg

A lot of Clermont2 members were miffed at not being chosen for the first squad and made it tough for the First Teamers who were subpar all game.

Southampton made an offer for the Captain...

ieb4QG.jpg

of course Bernard rejected it...and it was a laughable offer.

As part of our new affiliate agreement the team headed for Iceland. The Team played much better in this match.

NqZ8MO.jpg

Training Camp started and newly promoted Rodez came to Stade Gabriel-Montpied.

oUqnMN.jpg

A few days later rival OL arrived in Clermont....

XXEmMZ.jpg

The team played well and a late mistake cost us the game.

Newly promoted Dijon FCO made the trip to visit.

ruZmNS.jpg

Said Arab a useful Sub who can play a few positions stays with us...

1yQZah.jpg

Hopefully he can stay healthy and take advantage of his opportunities. 

Barcelona arrived and the fans were excited...

sjO8Mt.jpg

Barcelona came ready for us and just showed that we had work to do to get to their level.

The Champions League Third Round Draw gives us either AEK or LASK. Both are Beatable.

oXVOdW.jpg

Our Friendly Foe, Rafa Benitez takes the Spain job. Mourinho is lurking...

v05e6c.jpg

We visited Bourg en Bres for a quick buck.

7tGgA4.jpg

The Bookies have made their predictions about the season.

DbnCkv.jpg

Clermont is predicted to finish 6th and 30-1 odds to win it all.

Bernard would be happy with a top 6 finish if Clermont does better in European Football this season.

In another Friendly, Clermont welcomed back old friend Adrian Grbic.

JzGbw1.jpg

His new team played well but didn't enjoy the trip.

The "Final Dress Rehearsal Friendly" in which the Starters played all the minutes was against another newly promoted team: Amiens!

5wChcC.jpg

Stanislaus Limbombe-20A had quite the game.

The final friendly was to get Match fitness for the injured and the backups was against National side US Orleans.

VFxDoW.jpg

The match went as expected.

Player of the Preseason

Maxence Riehl

CbbAha.jpg

Maxence is a new signing whose play is showing that he has the ability to compete for places with Brandon Baiye, Palaversa, and Nael Jaby.

Management Report

HxJnvK.jpg

ZcuDXU.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: August 2026

August had a chance to be a busy month. Four Fixtures in Ligue1 and Two possibly four in Champions League qualifying.

wUcZFM.jpg

Brandon Baiye has been the player others are trying to get. We will not let him go. He is our Vice-Captain and Bernard wants him to be a one club man.

T9V9Lk.jpg

And the money was a lot for Clermont but not enough to let him go especially since we need him for HGC requirements.

The Regular season got started with a visit of Austrian Team LASK.

sNOJi7.jpg

It was a Blowout. We should be good for the next round.

The board had expectations...

Xpoch1.jpg

They are reasonable and reachable with the team as composed.

We are now over 10k Season Ticket Holders...It would be great to get to 16K (fill the old stadium) before moving to the new stadium.

Eml7KX.jpg

The Ligue1 Season started with a trip to the Mustard makers Dijon FCO.

xFaudJ.jpg

The game was a professional job.

Fulham Came with a pitiful offer for Jaby.

Duz0Vn.jpg

We refused. Jaby is Clermont man to the Bone.

The team headed to Linz, Austria for the second leg of the CL Qualifier.

8pqoUh.jpg

LASK played much better but our half -Rotated squad did a decent job.

The Team came home and played OGC Nice at the Stadium.

3PyP30.jpg

The team started well with a goal by Limbombe-20A and was on Cruise Control until a Disasi mistake allowed a late Nice score.

That Tuesday Sporting came visiting to see who would be in the CL Group Stage.

oOeASm.jpg

The home game was a blowout for the half rotated squad.

On the weekend The team headed to Bordeaux and another Half-Rotated team took the field.

XXpYrg.jpg

The team didn't play particularly well but Palaversa tied it late on.

The team let go one of it OG's and HGC's because they were just collecting a paycheck and the President's daughter broke off the engagement.

3Rv15i.jpg

As you can see Rajot isn't a bad player but not ready for CL play and we now have better players for those slots.

We headed for Lisbon for the 2nd Leg of the Playoff. 

jRsH4h.jpg

Give Sporting credit they played much better at home and it took away goals to escape with qualifying for the Group Stage.

We got paid for Group Stage.

8hEZSV.jpg

and Rewarded for our Work with quite a Group.

WJF6XY.jpg

Man City and Juventus in our Group!

The Final match of the month was ANGERS SCO visiting Clermont!

A2PeTa.jpg

It was the Limbombe-20A Show!

Gqpeg9.jpg

Transfer Window Summary

C2kd8L.jpg

K0JSYr.jpg

Player of the Month

Stanislas Limbombe-20A

CLUpzL.jpg

The Prodigal Son is returning the faith even though he is mostly used as a IF.

Management Report

tZRUz1.jpg

Z6RPhZ.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

1 hour ago, Koetzer said:

Finally you got a better draw in CL, at least 3rd place should be yours. Good luck :) 

That is the hope. I would like to participate in the Euro Cup.

Funny thing happened. In the years I automatically qualified for the Group Stage, My team was seeded fourth. When I won my way in I was seeded third for the group draw.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: September 2026

World Cup News!

KDrUwi.jpg

Brazil beat Two in a row Champion France 2-1 in the final.

September would be a busy month. Six fixtures in two weeks. Four in Ligue1 and two in the CL.

6fhsOg.jpg

The month started out with an International break. The first match after the break was a trip to Toulouse.

The Backups played because of the upcoming match against Man City at home.

jM1oad.jpg

The match was more even than it should have been but Limbombe-20A was a Supersub that rescued a point.

The Next Match was Man City coming to Clermont. They have quite a lineup.

jJwKOr.jpg

It would be tough but Clermont was prepared to give them a match.

gLBm42.jpg

It was actually a quite even match the superior quality of the Man City players told though.

The Weekend brought a visit from Reims it should be a winnable match. Bernard played a half-rotated squad.

6Eowzb.jpg

There was a forcefield around the Reims net. We hit woodwork 4X and hit 4 headers over the bar...

and played awful defense...

qmLo4n.jpg

The team then headed to Strasbourg for a match, Bernard played the Backups since the Starters were still shell-shocked from the loss to Reims.

XmyitI.jpg

It was a good game and Limbombe-20A came off the bench to score.

The next Match was against Ligue1 leading OL, who were coming to Stade Gabriel-Montpied.

mIbj6J.jpg

They have Doiberg!

Our main playmaker....received a serious injury in training...

mIbj6J.jpg

This will put a dent in our chances...

aduQyY.jpg

It was another match like the Man City one. It was rather equal and they got lucky. Palacios's understudy Erbil was overwhelmed and contributed a 6.2 rating.

The last match of the month was a trip to Copenhagen for a CL match. Bernard actually decided to take a chance and play the Backups against the Danes.

znWggr.jpg

Irvin Cardona led the Backups magnificently.

YWPF6s.jpg

Player of the Month

Matias Palacios

2RKRyU.jpg

Palacios was the straw that stirred the drink until his untimely injury.

Management Report

qnAeQm.jpg

huzsAn.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: October 2026

October would be a decent month with Five Fixtures and an International Break.

nVWzzK.jpg

The month started with a trip to FC Lorient. because of the recent bad form and upcoming match with Paris SG. Bernard played a half rotated squad.

pBBl0u.jpg

The match was a blowout and the rout was capped by Senna Miangue scoring on two corners. (sorry @Jogo Bonito ;))

In other News, the Youth Facilities were finished and were now rated as good.

mKRrBm.jpg

I'm not sure where or why a loan was used for Youth facilities that cost $4.7M. I think the game confused it with the Stadium that is still building.

The Stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire came to Clermont...they weren't as formidable as of yore and our young Clermont side was ready.

jQrSW1.jpg

The game was rather equal with both sides getting chances and it was old hand Irvin Cardona that scored the winning goal just before halftime.

The matches didn't get any easier with a trip to Milan and Juventus waiting...

Kjof1W.jpg

Juventus has an impressive lineup.

Sjv8JT.jpg

They were just too much for our best.

We returned to France and another tough match. A trip to Marseilles. 

ygWNnL.jpg

Stanislas Limbombe-20A was the center of attention, but Cardona scored again and the team salvaged a point.

The last match of the month on Halloween was a home fixture against RC Lens. Bernard knew it would be a tricky match. Especially with a home match with Juventus a few days later.

Clermont played with a half rotated squad.  RC Lens "Parked the Bus" with a low block 4-1-4-1 Wide formation.

6brRf0.jpg

Lens almost caught us with longballs over the top and were extremely difficult to breakdown. Nico Williams crossed a ball to Cardona in the closing minutes  for the win off a throw in.

u1mmfa.jpg

Player of the Month

Senna Miangue

c2J8Zm.jpg

This Journeyman Two and half star Left Back is proving his worth to the team. His height and heading ability help the Set Pieces be Successful.

Management Report

sY1120.jpg

rj6Wag.jpg

and the Board replenished the Transfer Budget even though Bernard has no intention of using it.

vq7M6N.jpg

TEAM REPORT (League Comparison)

CZkpbo.jpg

You can see the team is Strong and has slightly above average passing ability.

VT6JKG.jpg

This reinforces that the team is strong and is the best jumping team in league. Good for Set Pieces.

crhwzh.jpg

The team has good vision and flair but doesn't make the best decisions...

JTYlhj.jpg

The team is good at heading and above average at finishing. The attribute that is amazing is that as a team Clermont is awful at crossing when that is often how goals are scored.

Thanks for Reading!

54 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Excellent league form again although not happy that you turned over Lorient yet again :rolleyes:

Europe is still hard, but after your first game next month at least you wont be crossing paths with those Zebres again :lol:

Juventus is tough, but at least I think I have a chance against them at Home. Man City is at Etihad so is a  loss, but Kobenhaven is at home and I beat them away with the backups away, The thing is to come in Third so I play in Euro Cup.

League Form leaves a little to be desired but isn't bad since we have to balance Champion's League and doing well in Ligue1. It would be better if we didn't have injury to Palacios and could just focus on the league.

47 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Yes I agree, 3rd is the actual target in Europe. I'd say the league form is good though, maybe I am easily pleased!

We play well in the league, but if you saw all the headers over the bar and woodwork hits you would probably cry like me...:lol:

My team plays like Casey Stengel (American Baseball Manager) says "Beat the Cellar dwellers like and drum and play .500 against the good teams and win the Pennant"

26 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

We play well in the league, but if you saw all the headers over the bar and woodwork hits you would probably cry like me...:lol:

My team plays like Casey Stengel (American Baseball Manager) says "Beat the Cellar dwellers like and drum and play .500 against the good teams and win the Pennant"

You're right, I only see the results and not how they are achieved. You get results against the domestic teams you need to suppress though, and that's about all you can do.

13 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Good start ! Senna is an old youth player from my favourite team (Antwerp). I actually scouted him when i was working for them.

I didn't know you were an actual Football "insider".

No wonder your team does so well.

14 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

That's cool! But he shouldn't have done that against Lorient. That's not cool!

He can't help it. The corners came in and Lorient forgot twice to mark the player attacking it from the top of the Box. 

They were worried about Cissokho at the Far post and not to mention Disasi at the near post.

It's nice to have a third CB equivalent in Set Pieces. Nico Williams the RB is 6'0" also.

Edited by Hootieleece

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

Bullies :lol:

That is a good description of how my teams play...we make up for lack of technical ability by out athleting your team and if that doesn't work fouling you until you give up.

Only problem it only really works well against bad teams...

FC Lorient in my save has had a succession of bad managers.

But the best has been watching Ronald Koeman destroy ASSE! (even though they are my favorite French Team) and he has done it in less than 6 months.

12 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I didn't know you were an actual Football "insider".

No wonder your team does so well.

haha, i was a scout for the youth teams from Antwerp between +- 2009-2016 and youth coach from 2002-2016 . Since we got promoted( 3 years ag) and got a good rich owner they have signed 9 full time youth coaches / HOYD. I'm a Retired lad now :)

1 minute ago, Hootieleece said:

That is a good description of how my teams play...we make up for lack of technical ability by out athleting your team and if that doesn't work fouling you until you give up.

Only problem it only really works well against bad teams...

FC Lorient in my save has had a succession of bad managers.

But the best has been watching Ronald Koeman destroy ASSE! (even though they are my favorite French Team) and he has done it in less than 6 months.

The old Wimbledon approach, which worked well for them.

I hope I'm not on the list of bad Lorient managers! I've just faced PSG with Pep in charge, Neyma arnd Mbappe upfront, Laporte and Van Dijk at the back. It's daunting, now I only have two games left in season 3 (not including European fixtures). Perhaps Ronald fancies a job in Paris.

1 minute ago, OlivierL said:

haha, i was a scout for the youth teams from Antwerp between +- 2009-2016 and youth coach from 2002-2016 . Since we got promoted( 3 years ag) and got a good rich owner they have signed 9 full time youth coaches / HOYD. I'm a Retired lad now :)

Lovely stuff, I also know that feeling of being a victim of success in football. But your roles sound much more interesting than mine were. I also wonder why I didn't just ask you to recommend me players at the start!

@Jogo Bonito If you had been FC Lorient Manager in this save you would be more like RC Lens in this save. They are our" twin": Promoted to Ligue1 at same time and  still have the same manager but more modest success. (never in a relegation battle)

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: November 2026

November would see Five matches. Three in Ligue1 and Two in the CL.  Bernard thought it would be a tough month due to the CL Fixtures and Injuries.

BOxpeB.jpg

The month started with Clermont signing a young talent out of Spain to be a long-term replacement for the Right Wing.

7tgrv7.jpg

Rk6Qc0.jpg

The matches started with Juventus visiting our fair city...

tBnfGD.jpg

The game started well enough Clermont took the lead on a Penalty... then Rabiot scored a Wonder goal and it went down hill from there.

Diogo Jota terrorized our Back Four All day long and had Two goals in 2nd half and probably should of had more!

Our goalie Krapikas played great earning a 7.2 Rating while giving up 4 Goals!

CcqoW7.jpg

The Crusade for Glory stops early again this year...

The team took a trip to Lille but they were still in shock from the loss to Juventus and it showed.

GGAlr5.jpg

It was one of those games where we couldn't buy a goal and we made one defensive mistake.

The team came home for a winnable match against Nimes Olympique...

J5U9Dx.jpg

A half rotated squad battled hard but it just wasn't meant to be...

The Team then made the trip to the Blue side of Manchester and had to live through listening to Oasis's "Wonderwall" on repeat...

I think the song demoralized the team filled with backups...

gX2CXE.jpg

It was a rather even contest until Vice-Captain Baiye got sent off with a Red Card.

The final match of the month was a trip to Stade Geoffrey Guichard in St. Etienne. to play struggling ASSE.

G1hSAK.jpg

It was an ugly game but we are happy to get the win.

The first game of next month is against AS Monaco that is managed by Diego Simeone!

his team is having a bit of trouble digesting his defensive philosophy but they are in the top half of the table so we should respect them.

0Uv0JX.jpg

8X2BJ5.jpg

Even if the bookies expect us to win the home match.

SyBfPH.jpg

Player of the Month

Neco Williams

XDW6S0.jpg

The Right Back spent another month consistently giving good performances. It shows that he had a great Role model in TAA at Liverpool and that does influence his game even though he is a bit more physical with opposing players.

Management Report

kLDF8s.jpg

lB8NvO.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: December 2026

December would be a busy month but the schedule only had five real fixtures. The scheduling had been kind in that all were winnable. AS Monaco and Rennes were the tricky matches.

lYX5eG.jpg

The month began with Diego Simeone's AS Monaco visiting Clermont. Bernard expected a tough time breaking down their defense.

Wx5UEY.jpg

oUewyN.jpg

The game was much easier than expected mostly because we scored first and relatively early and that screwed up their game plan.

They brought Sadio Mane on to scare me but we just kept picking on Christian Eriksen...

The next game was newly promoted Rodez Ayeron FC visiting Stade Gabriel Mont-pied. They were completely out classed since they were using two of our Clermont2 players a Starters. Bernard Started the backups and planned to bring Palacios on for some Rehab in the 2nd half.

mtfhIL.jpg

It wasn't a game...it was shooting practice for the backups. Rodez sat back in 3-5-2 and dare us to break down the bus. They kept our striker and AMC from scoring but left players I never really want to score wide open. The Right and Left Backs. The IF also got involved.

The Clermont2 players in the Rodez starting 11 were...

The Goalie...

SUQ47E.jpg

and the RMC...

x3xAZ3.jpg

The Youth Intake was previewed...

Ws0MZI.jpg

Maybe we get one player...a goalie...since we know one prospect that needs to be replaced.

and our French Cup draw gives up a tune-up game...

fOVD7v.jpg

Rodez really made our backups look good...

CiIxYg.jpg

5 of the 6 Clermont players in the team of the week played in that match.

The Next game was against FC Kobenhaven. The Danes didn't stand a chance. They had lost to the Backups at home and they were now the visitors. Bernard played a Half-Rotated Squad keeping the Rennes match in mind.

80Ks1A.jpg

OOfOjt.jpg

It was a massacre...Rodez provided more challenge...It got really bad once Bernard introduced Palacios to the match. He took over.

and that assured us of a spot in the Euro Cup.

z7U0Ak.jpg

and we play the team we beat to get into the CL Group Stage!

0kY9oL.jpg

The next game was against Rennes and looking at their probable tactics. It was like looking in a mirror.

ZBFX9q.jpg

The difference is that they put their IF on the Right instead of Left.

XAGybn.jpg

The Clermont Formation plays better when the AMC is a Scorer as well as a playmaker.

Matias Palacios is the perfect AMC for our system.

EXfWfN.jpg

His biggest problem is lack of Natural Fitness which leads to him being injury-prone.

Thus I have an understudy...Erkan Eyibil

ZzNg0a.jpg

Erkan is more of a playmaker than a scorer and is slightly worse at set-pieces.

The game was played in Rennes...and it was a tough game against an equal team. Both sides tried everything to breach each others defense.

Rennes took the lead when they scored on a corner. Then Rennes committed a penalty against Kevin Csoboth and Cardona stepped up and scored.  Then the game devolved into Set-Piece hell with each side exchanging corners and freekicks and neither side could score.

Our Training Facilities were upgraded to excellent and earlier our Youth Facilities upgraded to good.

WL0vYl.jpg

Nn093Z.jpg

The next game was against Amiens. The relegation fodder was our "b****" since our days in Ligue2. We were looking for more of the same.

8CfWoH.jpg

Amiens played us tough but their bus was broken down early by RW Csoboth, but it took the 2nd half introduction of Matias Palacios to assure the victory.

ToWeAf.jpg

The final match of the year was a cashgrab trip to Oviedo in Spain.

TgawWU.jpg

We didn't play our best but still won.

Player of the Month

Ante Palaversa

XcI8U7.jpg

The Croatian does a lot of the dirty work that makes Jaby and Palacios look so good. He had a fabulously understated month.

Management Report

BDdR9A.jpg

Ghu2DU.jpg

Midseason Report

MeF4Eq.jpg

We are not in bad shape even if we are behind my target of Two points per games played, but even that wouldn't allow us to catch PSG!

Thanks for Reading!

18 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

November was a really tough month, but you really came back strong in December and everything now looks very good indeed! 

Keep up the good work :thup:

Thanks. We really missed Palacios. He is a bit of a Luxury Player but The team plays much better with him in the team.

The December schedule was really forgiving...most of the teams were awful and we had shooting practice.

3 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Thanks. We really missed Palacios. He is a bit of a Luxury Player but The team plays much better with him in the team.

The December schedule was really forgiving...most of the teams were awful and we had shooting practice.

It was a good time to have a month like that! Palacios is a very important player, and you need that influence. It's your strength at the back and in midfield that really makes your side achieve what it does, but it's all about the balance of a side just like IRL.

i just finished my 3rd season and had a really tough run of fixtures at the end which proved a little too much.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: January 2027

January was relatively slow month with between four and six fixtures. There would be three Ligue1 matches and between one and three Coupe de France matches.

o8xvgD.jpg

The month started off kindly as Clermont visited a Semi-Pro team from Saumur home to the French Army's Cavalry/Armor school.

Bernard was determined to allow the Backups their chance in the first team...

9U1Tb5.jpg

of course a professional job was done.

and as a reward we get another minnow...

DIFV2s.jpg

The weekend saw the team travel to Nice...

HQZBoD.jpg

The team scored early but it was in doubt until Palacios was subbed in in the second half.

The Coupe de France tounament took us to Normandy and the City of Rouen.

The local National team QRM gave us everything and their goalie stood on his head.

0lJDnk.jpg

A bit of overconfidence from our team and sloppy play led to this embarrassing result against 10 men.

Bordeaux Came to visit Stade Gabriel-Montpied.

b2pPnW.jpg

A half rotated squad made a hash of the game and allowed Bordeaux to steal a point.

The Coupe de France saw us travel to Corsica for another match against inferior opposition.

0fhnvp.jpg

Again the Backups faced determined opposition and only Subbing in the stars was Clermont able to escape with a penalty win.

The final match of the month was a trip to the Loire valley and Angers...

Dy1NKU.jpg

The Angers team played well but in the second half we finally broke their defense and an insurance goal came from a CB Ruiz's header.

The Transfer Window finished like this...

OXyG3A.jpg

Many teams especially Chinese team came for Clermont players...but of not was a $58M upfront $74M deal for Palacios from FCP. We turned it down since Palacios is so important to our team and he didn't really want to leave!

x1UUZ7.jpg

Player of the Month

Chrislain Matsima

kmgqwK.jpg

Matsima the Backup BPD and Disasi's understudy got a lot playing time this month and didn't dissapoint.

Management Report

sLtLfb.jpg

6fWf9j.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

You continue to grind out results, very reliable and consistent. You're looking good for CL qualification in my opinion.

Luckily we haven't had a tough match, but making sure to beat the lesser teams is important to the standings.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: February 2027

February would be a busy month with 8 fixtures over 28 Days! or a match about every 3 days!

b3TEMg.jpg

The month opened up with Toulouse the Table Proppers visiting Clermont. Bernard played the Backups except for Limbombe-20A.

fJ4eUW.jpg

Limbombe-20A found the goal again after a slump...with a direct Freekick and Maxence Riehl scored on a longshot to seal the victory.

The next match was a trip to Reims and Bernard played a half-rotated squad.

Fv85w1.jpg

It was a routine victory but for the Reims Goalkeeper. Who rated 7.2 while giving up 3 goals. We should have won by many more.

02FxAZ.jpg

As you can see there is nothing special about him....

eKcJrA.jpg

The next game was a rematch except Clermont was at home and we were playing the Quarterfinals of Coupe de France.

GgZQ1q.jpg

Reims played tough but our extra quality won the game for us.

We were rewarded with a match against our "Rivals" ASSE in the Semi-Finals!

j0y9mu.jpg

The next fixture saw Strasbourg visit Stade Gabriel-Montpied.

IohYGq.jpg

A half-rotated side took care of business.

The Next Match was the final one of the Homestand. LASK was visiting us and asking for a Beat down...Bernard played a Full Strength team so he could play the backups in the second leg.

OaeCR7.jpg

Fans will remember this Target Practice Game for some time.

m8ztxn.jpg

Maximilliano Romero had his best day of his career with a hat-trick and 9.7 rating.

The only downside is that Matias Palacios pulled up lame...in the 80th minute.

Hw563v.jpg

srEYsm.jpg

Record shattering performance!

Two days later The team travelled to Lyon for a big match with 3rd place OL.

T4tlbL.jpg

It was a tough game and the OL Supersub changed the game.

Four days later the team traveled to Linz for the Second-Leg of Euro-Cup 1rst Knockout Round. The Backups took the field since this match was over.

CThoq3.jpg

LASK played hard unlike the trip to Clermont but were ultimately defeated.

Labila was the star!

Y33bgc.jpg

Our Next Opponent in the Euro Cup is Hertha Berlin...

3RyxNj.jpg

The Last match of the month was against FC Lorient.

They played an interesting version of the 4-4-2...

HXFhN8.jpg

It might give us some problems...

31KoKm.jpg

FC Lorient "Parked the Bus" but their 4 High Line offensive players overwhelmed our CB's because the Wingers were always open for outlet passes and our Wingbacks were often far forward.

0DQtMw.jpg

But what did us in was another goal keeper making double digit saves.

cJylgZ.jpg

b02qS2.jpg

Player of the Month

Nael Jaby

sAUy52.jpg

The Star Midfielder is a perrenial POM. I was expecting some other player but it is based on avg. rating over last five matches and Jaby topped the lot.

Management Report

Mg6zjN.jpg

sCTk4O.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

Edited by Hootieleece

Another very good month with 9-0 in Europe and a fine draw with OL. In fact I would say the perfect month as Lorient finally got you. What an odd formation they chose though.

I'm pleased to see young Daniel had a good day in the Linz return match. And your favourite son Jaby just doesn't let you down.

2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Another very good month with 9-0 in Europe and a fine draw with OL. In fact I would say the perfect month as Lorient finally got you. What an odd formation they chose though.

I'm pleased to see young Daniel had a good day in the Linz return match. And your favourite son Jaby just doesn't let you down.

Lorient was on a 10 match losing run against my team meaning they hadn't beat us in 5 years! They probably celebrated like they won the League! LOL!  

Image result for Gatorade Celebrations

Just now, Hootieleece said:

Lorient was on a 10 match losing run against my team meaning they hadn't beat us in 5 years! They probably celebrated like they won the League! LOL!  

Image result for Gatorade Celebrations

Yes it has been a long time coming. There will be a Lorient party back in Brittany for sure, full of orangeness!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: March 2027

March would be a busy month with Six fixtures. Three Ligue1 matches, two Euro Cup matches and one Coupe de France Semi-Final. 

WgRnNM.jpg

March would be a tough month with many important games so there would be no chance to fully rotate the squad.

The month started with Hertha Berlin visiting Clermont. The team came in with a notoriety for defense and a 5-4-1 Formation.

dIrKZG.jpg

Hertha Berlin parked the bus and were extremely tough to break down. The extra CB helped negate the overall numbers advantage our 4-2-3-1 Wide can create as well a nullify our AMC's run in the box.

A trip to Paris followed that draining match midweek and it showed.

juVA4s.jpg

PSG played great defense and kept us to only 6 shots!

We then had a trip to Berlin and a visit to the famous Olympic Stadium.

ql3rqP.jpg

It was a drab affair with neither side giving an inch...our goal at home was the difference.

JvLS1U.jpg

and for our efforts we get possibly the toughest draw possible...

6Lxhth.jpg

Arsenal!

Three days later we headed to "Big Brother's House" to steal ASSE's chance at the Coupe de France.

7X3jXl.jpg 

A partially rotated team beat a dismal ASSE team when Said Arab's header went in the net.

off to the Finals maybe to win it again...

Three days later OM came to town looking to spoil our party...

PZjtcp.jpg

OM played a tough game and our tiredness was beginning to show. The team escaped with a draw.

Then we found out who our opponents for the Coupe de France would be...

7rWXTu.jpg

and funny enough we had to travel to RC Lens for a Ligue1 match.

e4EJ7K.jpg

It was another match in which we didn't get many shots off thus couldn't batter then opposition into submission.

Leauge Table and Team Stats

k8sWfm.jpg

Player of the Month

Matias Palacios

o7tS0X.jpg

Palacios's magic led to all the wins and draws this month. He didn't score the goals but made the assists.

Management Report

PBU6KA.jpg

sCTk4O.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

Edited by Hootieleece
added images

You got the job done in Europe even if narrow margins. Good luck against Arsenal.

It was tough to play OM and PSG but the disappointing result must be Lens. At least you get the chance to put that right in the final.

Nice to see your Argentinian flair player sparkling again, a very important cog in your machine.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: April 2027

April was going to be a busy and important month to Clermont's fortunes on the European and Ligue1 stages and there's a Coupe de France Final against RC Lens.

Seven Fixtures over Thirty Days...

gTotQW.jpg

The month opened that the fans and board were not exactly happy with the season we were having....I guess 4rth place after a several game losing streak is bad...

JCFTGf.jpg

So that means our month opening match against LOSC Lille is must win!

QsgMP0.jpg

I played the strongest team available even with the Arsenal Euro Cup Quarterfinal in Two days. Till Cissokho took it in his hands and scored a header off a corner and Irvin Cardona scored soon after and the team played professionally and won the game.

The Euro Cup Quarterfinals were just two days later...the team spent a lot of time with the Sports Scientists...but I wanted to find out what other teams were in the Quarterfinals.

86F1Aa.jpg

By far we had the hardest draw.

Arsenal came to Stade Gabriel-Montpied and The home team gave them a game.

NjXQKK.jpg

It was a rather even game with both teams missing chances...Arsenal got a player sent off in the 76th minute and immediately scored on an immaculate counter attack. Palacios saved our bacon with a last minutes slder off a cross from a broken set-piece to rescue the draw.

Just three days later the team headed to Nimes for a match. The team was rotated with the backups playing this fixture...

8JCjDm.jpg

Nimes William Guebbels opened the scoring almost before we were ready in the 2nd minute. Chislain Matsima scored off a corner about twenty minutes later. Then the game devolved into who could foul each other the most.

The trip to London was four days later and a full strength team was ready to give Arsenal a game.

MEnINF.jpg

As you can see they still had some notable names.

and no one expected an upset..

kIxuOF.jpg

mqoIDn.jpg

The score line flatters to deceive Arsenal were at their best and we scored a lucky own goal in Extra Time.

QejlpJ.jpg

Clermont goes out with it head held high.

On 4/18/2027 Clermont hosted Les Verts and the backups played citing tiredness from the Arsenal game.

9LA5z3.jpg

Daniel Labila and Myziane Maolida were the heroes;

And in other news the Tyranny of PSG continues...

pmBBkv.jpg

Three days later Clermont played AS Monaco in a matchup of 3rd and 4rth place teams.

Monaco had an imposing Lineup. Bernard played a full Strength Squad even though the Coupe de France Final was days away. That's what Sports Scientists get paid for, right.

FmAp5Y.jpg

o9zgK4.jpg

The game was an instant classic with both side not playing good defense a goal fest ensued.

Coupe de France hysteria overcame the Clermont fans when the bookies made their odds...

wcSyFU.jpg

The 24th of April was a fine day in Paris both Clermont and Lens brought throngs of fans to the Capital...

and a match was played for the Coupe de France

zsKRRm.jpg

Prodigal Son Stanislas Limbombe-20A scored the match winner! and the Coupe belonged to us again.

hOl6uO.jpg

r2lGYo.jpg

wL7xIe.jpg

iPgoSh.jpg

FopaU5.jpg

Image result for french cup soccer celebrations

WE ARE PLAYING IN AT LEAST THE EUROCUP NEXT SEASON!

Taking advantage of the board at this moment Bernard wanted an extension....

WuAgT8.jpg

So they are stuck with Bernard for a little while longer...

and our Right Back got a Hip injury that will keep him out of the rest of the season.

LRVmqQ.jpg

And our back line is looking a little thin.

LEAGUE TABLE AND TEAM STATS

LhlVpy.jpg

Player of the Month

Maxence Riehl

OZfv8W.jpg

Nael Jaby's understudy did a great imitation of him in this month's matches.

Management Report

pjVxUh.jpg

R0VBAJ.jpg

Thanks for Reading!